User Controls

How I tapered off nicotine in 7 days

G4LM African Astronaut
    So I decided that I was fucking sick of vaping. Puffs of sickeningly sweet 50mg/ml nic salt juice every 20 minutes to an hour. I'd get angry at night trying to sleep and would have to puff it to make the frustration go away. I was completely fucking hooked. Been on/off with vaping for the last two years because it's so cheap it's easy to justify (I was spending like 20-30 a month on my habit) and it's legal and socially acceptable. Plus you can buy juice at most gas stations around here now so there's no getting away from it. So I decided to taper off QUICKLY.

Day 1: Three 7mg patches applied in the morning for a total of 21mg. I left them on overnight, which fucked with my sleep but I wanted to get the lowered level of nicotine as the patch's potency lessened. I decided to use patches because gum/toothpicks/lower nicotine juice would still have this association of habit attached to it. Pop a tab of gum, chew on a toothpick, suck on your vape,etc. That hourly pacifier is a fucking chain and I wanted to be rid of it.

Day 2: 14mg of patches, and also I bought some nicotine free juice for my vape. At this point I was still craving the act of vaping heavily, and I assumed it had something to do with associating vaping to nicotine. I mean even when I was mildly woozy from 21mg of patches (which I'd experimented with in the past) I would still crave the vaping because the patches never really spiked my nicotine levels quite like nicotine salts did. So I went through about 4ml of 0mg juice that night to try and dissociate the connection. Patches left on overnight again.

Day 3: 14mg patches, still vaping a lot. Left on overnight.

Day 4: Single 7mg patch, hardly touched the vape. Patch off at night from here on out.

Day 5: 7mg patch, did not vape all day

Day 6: 7mg patch, vaping just for social lulz and not because I crave the action now

Day 7: 7mg patch, which I almost fucking forgot to put on.

Day 8: No nicotine. Very mild cravings so I did use the vape a little more, but to no effect as it didn't actually cure cravings and I very quickly got tired of it.

I'm now on day 11 and have not used any nicotine, and I only use the vape out of boredom or in social situations. I have no cravings whatsoever. I did do some day drinking for old times sake, and thought that some of the anger I was experiencing was from nicotine, but it seemed to just be one random day and didn't carry over into the rest of the week.

It is fucking awesome not having to depend on a pacifier to feel okay, but I still find the need to keep doing something with my hands and mouth. I've been sipping my water more often than usual (usually I'll just chug like 750ml at once). Overall though I think this has been pretty successful for a taper which I did not plan at all. Especially considering I went from using 50mg/ml nicotine salts. I feel like stopping the pacifier aspect of the habit with patches is one of the most important things for quitting. I used to have such a hard time trying to use gum to quit, and would always end up vaping again. That steady stream of low level nicotine does wonders.

If any of you guys are trying to quit, I wish you luck. Nicotine is a disgusting habit. I'll still probably keep the vape and 0mg juice around for when I'm with my friends who vape/smoke, but other than that I don't really feel a need to use it.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    It's easier to quit vaping than it is to quit smoking. Tobacco has MAOI's in it besides Nicotine.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    I thought nicotine WDs were a lot longer than that, if relatively mild after the first week or two

I mean, I've never been a smoker or a gay, but I wonder if tapering that aggressively is really much better than just going cold turkey
    G4LM African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Sophie It's easier to quit vaping than it is to quit smoking. Tobacco has MAOI's in it besides Nicotine.

Having done both, i disagre. The MAOIs are an added level of bitch but nicotine salt withdrawal is insane and very fiendy. No other nicotine form has that kind of rush.

Plus if you're claiming that as an excuse for not quitting smoking yourself, its a piss poor one.
    tapering are for betas,

real betas quit right there right at the moment.
    Originally posted by aldra but I wonder if tapering that aggressively is really much better than just going cold turkey

for a beta, yes.
    G4LM African Astronaut
    Originally posted by aldra I thought nicotine WDs were a lot longer than that, if relatively mild after the first week or two

I mean, I've never been a smoker or a gay, but I wonder if tapering that aggressively is really much better than just going cold turkey

I think it is. I actually always taper aggressively and manage to get off a substance within a two weeks. Have done it with opioids like T-PAIN/Crouton/PST many times. Tapering is the easy part imo. It's staying off it in the long term which becomes difficult.
    Sudo Black Hole [my hereto riemannian peach]
    I can go until 6pm without smoking a cigarette but once I start smoking I'm instantly in withdrawal mode.
    tee hee hee Naturally Camouflaged [slangily complete this slumberer]
    The best is to never start in the first place. Smh op smh hard!!!!
    WellHung Black Hole
    Originally posted by Sudo I can go until 6pm without smoking a cigarette but once I start smoking I'm instantly in withdrawal mode.

That's cuz ur a douchebag loser.
    Sudo Black Hole [my hereto riemannian peach]
    Originally posted by WellHung That's cuz ur a douchebag loser.

on a scale of 1-mattchew how homeless are you?
    I like nictoine withdrawal, it makes me feel better which makes sense because nicotine makes me feel like shit.

I don't need it, and I when I go without it I feel better and then I do it again and feel bad.

As long I don't chain vape, I'm ok. I basically just do it couple times in the morning and a time or two at night now for a buzz. Looking to quit before I have to buy a new bottle. Chain vaping sucks and feels horrible and costs a lot more, never do that. I dont go through much juice anymore, I still use 50mg because I want the buzz and that's it.
    G4LM African Astronaut
    Still off the nic. Feels good.
    Ghost Black Hole
    Lol pussy I vape 12mg all day and I feel grate
    G4LM African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Ghost Lol pussy I vape 12mg all day and I feel grate

12mg is pussy shit. Put some 50mg nic salts in there if you wanna be a real man.
    Ghost Black Hole
    I don't have a proper device for those
    G4LM African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Ghost I don't have a proper device for those

P

U

S

S

Y
    G4LM African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Ghost I'm a pussy
    Ghost Black Hole
    i don't even know what the proper device is
    G4LM African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Ghost i don't even know what the proper device is

You want something with a smaller, weaker coil. Technically sub ohm but not really. You can adjust the settings on any mod though really. Not too big of a difference.
Jump to Top