User Controls

GUIDE: How to make poppy seed tea safely

G4LM African Astronaut
    I made the mistake of going into tinychat while Bill Krozby was in there and he gave some downright dangerous instructions on how to make poppy seed tea, so I figured I would highlight his idiocy and explain some of the science and information behind this.

Bill Krozby way: Get like 1.3 lbs and mix it with grapefruit juice for 30 minutes. "I know what I'm doing"

Now, I will give Bill Krozby credit. He was smart enough to understand that grapefruit juice is a potentiator. It inhibits the CYP3A4 enzyme which is responsible for metabolizing many drugs, including most of the opiates that you will find in poppy seed tea. But he was pretty fucking stupid in recommending that you start with a pound, and also that you should mix for 30 minutes.

You should not start with a pound because you don't know the potency of your seeds. I have had batches, yes, where I need to consume over a pound to get even a shitty dose. I've also had batches where I only needed about 80g, and had I consumed an lb of that batch I would be dead. (inb4 jokes)

ALWAYS start low when you are fucking with poppy tea. I don't care if you've read the reviews and are up to date on the latest batch numbers (which yes, is a thing you can do if you want to have a better shot at buying quality seeds.) Start with 50g or so. I would always make a 150g drink and drink it in thirds over the course of two hours. Remember, you can always drink more, but you can't drink less. Prepare as much as you want really, just don't go chugging it under the assumption that your seeds are shit. People have died this way.

You should not mix for 30 minutes because all the good alkaloids are on the outside of the seed. The goal is that you have enough of an acidic and abrasive environment that it comes right off into your solvent. Ideally you will want to do this for 2-5 minutes max. I used to do two 3 minute washes, and that seemed to work pretty well. Soaking the seeds for longer than this will result in the alkaloids INSIDE the seeds seeping out, and giving your tea a cloudy white color to it. This can result in some very painful stomach pain, as well as constipation so bad you can develop phytobezoars and need to be hospitalized. It also doesn't make it ANY more potent so you're basically just hurting yourself for absolutely no gain.

Use COLD water that is barely enough to cover the seeds. Warm water, or too much water, will cause the alkaloids to dissolve more easily. You don't want that. You only want to rub the good stuff off through abrasion. Do not let it soak. Never let it soak. Do not be stupid like Bill Krozby. If you want to increase potency you CAN use an enzyme inhibitor like grapefruit juice, black seed oil, or agmatine, but you don't need to mix it in the tea to get that effect. If you want to make the task of shaking your seeds around easier you can add something acidic like lime/lemon juice or vinegar. Some people also use soda as they believe the bubbles help, but I've never found that to be the case.

If you're looking for quality seeds, remember to buy unwashed. Do not buy seeds from Spain (they have shit laws regarding opioid content for these seeds) or white poppy seeds.

Seriously tho do not do it like Bill Krozby does. Here are some good resources if you want to learn more about poppy tea and how to do it safely. Remember that this is basically opium. It's heavily addictive and can kill you. Do not treat it lightly just because poppy seeds are legal. Do not drink your tea if it is cloudy white, and remember that bitterness/color has almost no relation to potency. Half the time it's just from the dirt that is leftover from buying unwashed seeds. You will have to drink this dirt if you want to make potent tea. Unwashed seeds are a waste of time.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PoppyTea/wiki/readthisfirst#wiki_general_safety

https://www.reddit.com/r/PoppyTea/wiki/faq

https://www.reddit.com/r/PoppyTea/wiki/alkaloids

And like always, remember to do your research before consuming any new substance. Do not be a Bill Krozby.
    AngryOnion Big Wig [the nightly self-effacing broadsheet]
    Fuck all that and just smoke a joint.
    G4LM African Astronaut
    Originally posted by AngryOnion Fuck all that and just smoke a joint.

I agree, I haven't used this stuff regularly in like 2 years.
    Needledick Needledick Needledick motherfucker [mulishly down your brachydactylia]
    You can also use the seeds to grow some opium to smoke.
    op is heroin addict
    G4LM African Astronaut
    Originally posted by frumbob 🐎🦄🐈🐯🐷🦊 op is heroin addict

Nope never done heroin in my life, unlike you, mommy's little crackhead.
Jump to Top