User Controls

Alcohol is wonderful

I don't know what it is, when I taste that chemical poison in my drink, the internal recoil that screeches at you "No! You're not supposed to drink this!"

The other voice says "Yes! Yes!"

Then soon you're in a fuzzy warmth, all for the price of just a few bucks a buzz you can have a summer sand of idiocy.

"Do you have an ID?" Fuck yes I do go fuck yourself thanks for the alcoholism indian man

blissful blissful, blissful alcohol

What a boring, nice drug.
    I wonder why it's said that your liver can only process "one drink per hour" when I can get happily drunk in just two.
    12:07am.. Is my cheque in yet.. Where my welfare. 12:08am.... Oh shit the liquor store closes at 4am and its about 25kms away.. I CAN MAKE IT!!!! 12:09AM I CAN PHONE MY FRIEND AND PAY HIM THAT $10 I OWE HIM AND PICK UP BEER GET A RIDE OH FUCK WHERES THAT CHEQUE THIS WILL BE A TIGHT 4 HOURS!!!.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    I wonder why it's said that your liver can only process "one drink per hour" when I can get happily drunk in just two.

It means the opposite of what you're thinking. It doesn't mean you can only feel the equivalent of one drink an hour, it means you can drink one drink an hour and your body will break it down to a state of not-drunk, for a lack of better terms because I suck at terms these days. To put it another way, you can drink one drink an hour, and after each hour, your BAC should be roughly 0.000. Seriously, did you think processing one drink an hour meant it takes an hour for you to feel one drink?
    I didn't remember making this thread, MQ talked to me last night and reminded me of it and corrected my mistake in person, it was then I remembered making this thread. Today, I forgot again, and now I am remembering my previous remembering and feeling rather silly. Alcohol remains wonderful but god do I want a cigarette.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    alcohol is a terrible drug
    I like it, compared to opiates or a strong psychedelic trip, or whatever it is that you like, of course it seems bad in comparison. It's toxic, it's dizzying, the loss of coherency and physical inebriation is always not good. If you want to "check out" for a little bit, there are far better options than alcohol. But it's available, and it's nice, when you don't want to go through all the social and legal troubles of obtaining your drugs of choice, alcohol is always there. Plus, it's socially acceptable. Unless you live in sandniggeria you'll have a hard time finding someone who is opposed to alcohol consumption. I can have a drink with my friends, with my dad, with my grandma, with my boss.

I guess that isn't a good argument for whether alcohol is a terrible drug or not. It's just available I suppose.I'm gonna stop now.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    yeah fair enough, availability aside it's fun for social situations but there are just too many downsides. I've abused it way too much over the years, now I generally don't want to touch it. I'll have a beer every now and then, but I couldn't really imagine going out and getting rekt anymore. last time I tried, a few hours later I was having muscle spasms and panic attacks, couldn't sleep all night... hadn't heard of kindling until recently; now I'm pretty sure that I can't drink heavily anymore without moderate rebound effects due to previous alcohol/benzo/phenibut ab/use
    Should I walk down the most dangerous street in my city at 12:30am to get a beer I don't like or wait until 10am to get my normal beer... HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    yeah fair enough, availability aside it's fun for social situations but there are just too many downsides. I've abused it way too much over the years, now I generally don't want to touch it. I'll have a beer every now and then, but I couldn't really imagine going out and getting rekt anymore. last time I tried, a few hours later I was having muscle spasms and panic attacks, couldn't sleep all night… hadn't heard of kindling until recently; now I'm pretty sure that I can't drink heavily anymore without moderate rebound effects due to previous alcohol/benzo/phenibut ab/use

That's probably also why hangovers get worse.
Jump to Top