-Tomato
    -16oz of tomato sauce
    -Vegetable Broth or broth base (4 cups)
    -Rice, obviously (2 cups)
    -Olive oil
    -Cilantro
    -Spices of your choosing
    -One lime

Step 1: Put your broth into a pan and get it it boiling while you chop up the veggies

Step 2: Chop up the veggies. I like to julienne everything.

Step 3: Get a pan and put some oil in it. When it's hot and ready, add the onions and red peppers and wait until the onions begin to caramelize. Afterwards, you can add the garlic, tomato, cilantro, and chives. I also like to throw in whatever spices I'm using at this point. I always mix it up. You can go a lot of different ways. I've made it with tumeric, curry, and paprika before and it was pretty good. You can also go with rosemary, basil, etc. Black pepper is a must, though.

Step 4: Before the garlic/chives get too brown, add the rice to the pan. Stir until it starts to have some color. This is going to give it a nice roasted flavor.

Step 5: Pour the broth and tomato sauce into the pain and stir it around so everything is a little more even. Add one lime. Vinegar can also work to add acidity, but I've never used it for this so I don't know how much you should use. Place lid on the pan and set a timer for 15 minutes. Check periodically afterwards to determine when it's done. If you're burning it and the rice is still a bit bitey you can add 1/8th cup of water.

Step 5: Enjoy! If you want to be a boss nigga and die of heart attack like me, add carne asada, Avocado based salsa, Valentina, and salt.

Gonna post a picture below but it should be noted that I used three cups for this but still only 16oz of tomato sauce, so it is a little less red than it normally is. I like to make shit tons of rice to eat throughout the week with other stuff. Last night I had it with fish. Today I will probably throw some fried tofu in there.
    GGG victim of incest [my veinlike two-fold aepyornidae]
    Speedy Parker Black Hole [my absentmindedly lachrymatory gazania]
    You should self-publish a book about this recipe.
    i was shocked when i read the title because i thought you had somehow magically found bario rice.

thats not red rice, just white rice colored red.
    Originally posted by Speedy Parker You should self-publish a book about this recipe.

you should publish a book about consuming this recipe.
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny you should publish a book about consuming this recipe.

I don't eat slop
    Originally posted by Speedy Parker I don't eat slop

inferior species usually dont.
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny inferior species usually dont.

^Doesn't logic
    HTS highlight reel
    >makes low sodium recipe
    >adds salt

that looks fucking good tho, ngl
    GGG victim of incest [my veinlike two-fold aepyornidae]
    Lol, like I said its low sodium/vegetarian to accommodate others. If it were up to me I'd use beef broth and add salt. Probably some cayenne or chilli powder too.

I figured if I'm gonna post the recipe, I may as well post the healthy version.
Jump to Top