User Controls

Must watch anime

GGG victim of incest [my veinlike two-fold aepyornidae]
    Half serious thread. I only watch anime socially but there are a few I like enough to watch on my own.

Anything Miyazaki/GEEBLEE is pretty good. I actually visited the place the teahouse in spirited away is based on, but I couldn't find the fucking door to get in and drink tea inside.

Mushishi I have watched through like 3 times

Death Note was good but there's no real reason to revisit it.

I watch the new Dragonball stuff on occasion

Everything else has been pretty forgettable. Watched like 100 episodes of one piece once and i couldnt even remember what happened
    Ghost Black Hole
    have you watched the normie shit like hero of the shield and goblin slayer? I like stuff that reminds me of D&D and video games
    Ghost Black Hole
    This is always an option too

GGG victim of incest [my veinlike two-fold aepyornidae]
    Originally posted by Ghost have you watched the normie shit like hero of the shield and goblin slayer? I like stuff that reminds me of D&D and video games

Goblin slayer was okay, I don't remember it much. A lot of anime seems like the exact same shit to me.

I liked silver spoon and that economic one with the wolf girl. They're very different to most animes. Anything fighting demons and shit is pretty disinteresting imo

Doctor Stone looks like its gonna be pretty good tho. I gotta watch the new episode still.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Lucky star is 2 hi level 4 u
    Esplender Tuskegee Airman [my gynecological profit-maximising katar]
    You're Under Arrest if you want a buddy cop anime. Nothing over-the-top. Pretty grounded in reality - It might as well be a live-action series. (Which it has been turned into)
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    ghost in the shell
    hellsing ultimate
    cyber city oedo

...english dub of devilman
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by aldra ghost in the shell

GitS is obligatory. Specifically the 1995 movie of GitS.

Akira and Cowboy Bebop are also obligatory recommendations.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes is a pretty classic series, albeit somewhat chronologically confusing (30ish years worth of different series taking place before and after one another, kind of a mess). Would recommend also.

Serial Experiments Lain? Should probably throw that in.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    HTS highlight reel
    Paprika is a pretty popular movie recommendation, though not one of my favs.

Figured it deserved a mention tho.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by HTS GitS is obligatory. Specifically the 1995 movie of GitS.

Akira and Cowboy Bebop are also obligatory recommendations.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes is a pretty classic series, albeit somewhat chronologically confusing (30ish years worth of different series taking place before and after one another, kind of a mess). Would recommend also.

Serial Experiments Lain? Should probably throw that in.

I actually enjoyed the two series more, dialogue (monologue?)'s a lot less dense
Jump to Top