User Controls

Happy World Population Day

toz African Astronaut
    And Happy Birth Day-Day too

kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    pretty sure a bunch of people are going to die and its going to dramastically (yes I made that word up) go down
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    There were 20 million more people at the end of WW2 than there was at the beginning.

Fucking vaginas man.
    Originally posted by Bill Krozby pretty sure a bunch of people are going to die and its going to dramastically (yes I made that word up) go down

Yup, especially if you listen to the environMENTAL freaks...by 2100 we'll be living in waterworld

toz African Astronaut
    the world has more than doubled since I was born in the mid 60s and the bay area is about 3.5 times population than since I was born (because of tech hub but also more people in general are moving to city regions). San Francisco city population had gone down in the 1970s from 800 to about 750k due to families having fewer kids during the swinging period.. but raised back up. with smaller families but houses becoming multi dwellings. so it's roughly stayed the same population for 100 years. However the small towns with 40k with prairy land between has all been gobbled up and the small towns went from 40k to an average of 80k or more. some 100+k and growing.

They used to stick about 5-6 homes per acre and now cram 10-12 single family" dwellings (with 0 lot lines.. meaning a very narrow gap and one side of the house acting as a property line with a small gap and a fence on the other side.

Most buildings now are multi unit 3-4 story. the old ways of Multi use buildings of Business storefronts on the bottom, office space and then apartments above from the 1800s is coming back. it's just more practical. mega shopping centers are drying up. people are tired of fighting for parking and crowds of people. so lots of malls are getting town down for multi use building communities. towns with in a town. In California, Mediterranean is the usual style. it's an attractive look. small European charm rather than just big box units.

It helps take congestion off of highways to shop locally but of course it raises the population which just puts that traffic for other reasons back on the highways and even increases it over time. Our highways out here are fucked. the infrastructure is crumbling. no money for it. land bridges will start caving in if the support beams and pins and trusses are replaced. We live in a micro climate where it's 50 degrees on this side of the bay with fog and 100 plus degrees on the other side. all of it, salty air. shit rusts.

In a more literal sense, we are a rustbelt of decay (unlike the figurative sense that the midwest is named for)

Stop moving to California. Stay where you're at. don't come here. unless you want to feed our tourism .. that's a needed as well.
    toz African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country There were 20 million more people at the end of WW2 than there was at the beginning.

Fucking vaginas man.

I see what you did thar..
    Firekrochfatty African Astronaut
    .. so long as the male/female ratio stays higher, while I'm alive, it's all good.
    toz African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Firekrochfatty .. so long as the male/female ratio stays higher, while I'm alive, it's all good.

yeah, more males are being birthed than females. which is alarming. Women will be slutting it more I guess. :p
Jump to Top