User Controls

Chess! I suck..how can I improve?

Yesterday I picked up a tandy 1650 computerized chess game from goodwill. it has 9 levels of difficulty 0-8. I've been playing on level 0 and I keep getting annihilated. Are there any chess players out there that have tips for beginners to improve there game?
    Learn strong openings and tactics. Every move matters, especially your opening. Really consider the relations between the pieces, which piece is most likely to get taken by which piece? Knowing how and when to use a Knight can be a game saver. Knowing basic strategy to build on. I watched a lot of chess videos a while a go. Everything from beginners to world class players. Study the game, really study it. And experiement. Its not fun or interesting to be a by the book player. Make your strategy unique. There is nothing more boring than playing with someone who does the most basic strategies because they cant think for themselves.

Develop your own game and fuck the haters.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    ^TLN you made a thread a while back asking the same question basically. I replied to you several times but I guess you just didn't care enough to respond. YOU DIDN'T CARE. AND NOW...I'M DEAD.
    SBTlauien African Astronaut
    I suck as well but go better by just playing a lot of 5 minute games. You'll start learning the basics and then progress. Learn about pins and forks as well as opening moves.
    EasyDoesIt Tuskegee Airman
    If you really want to put effort into this, make a (free) account at www.chess.com. I'll tutor you if we wind up being in the same time zone and can play.

Basically, the best way to improve as a beginner is to 1) learn an opening (at least four or five moves in) and practice basic tactics.

I love chess. I'd start a TOTSE chess team here with you guys if you wanted to.
    ^TLN you made a thread a while back asking the same question basically. I replied to you several times but I guess you just didn't care enough to respond. YOU DIDN'T CARE. AND NOW…I'M DEAD.

I actually feel bad about that. I mean I dont but I regret following up on my own thread. But now you are dead. Who cares.

But srsly lets get this TOTSE chess team going.
    Don't, put that time into trying to get laid, dude...
    Don't, put that time into trying to get laid, dude…

It's way easier getting laid then it is being good at chess.
    I just created a chess.com username.

Totse

Look me up. Let's play games. I'm actually a Professional Chess Player so I'll give you guys free lessons.
    That's cool. How much does a pro player earn at your level?
    That's cool. How much does a pro player earn at your level?

Making real money as a chess player is almost impossible. I've placed before, but it's so highly competitive you're not making any money consistently unless you're a famous Grand Master. Even national masters usually don't make very much.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    I'm pretty sure oplus has an IQ of over 9000.
    Don't, put that time into trying to get laid, dude…
    I get laid every night by my girlfriend.. i need a productive hobby inbetween fucking my girlfriend working and smoking pot Damn I've got lots of learning to do. before I looked into it I thought chess was just complex checkers
    If you really want to put effort into this, make a (free) account at www.chess.com. I'll tutor you if we wind up being in the same time zone and can play.

Basically, the best way to improve as a beginner is to 1) learn an opening (at least four or five moves in) and practice basic tactics.

I love chess. I'd start a TOTSE chess team here with you guys if you wanted to.
    I have east coast time what time zone are you?
    I get laid every night by my girlfriend.. i need a productive hobby inbetween fucking my girlfriend working and smoking pot Damn I've got lots of learning to do. before I looked into it I thought chess was just complex checkers
    Chess isn't productive, it's a game. It is a waste of time, like any game. If you enjoy it then okay but it's not productive. Learn woodworking if you want "productive".
    Chess isn't productive, it's a game. It is a waste of time, like any game. If you enjoy it then okay but it's not productive. Learn woodworking if you want "productive".

>learning strategy and technique is a waste of time
    >you cannot apply what you learn in chess to real world experience
    >productivity can only be measured in physical labor

Your implications are downright retarded. Saying chess is a waste of time and not productive just shows how little you understand about it. I would say anything that sharpens the mind and challenges you is on some level productive.
    Your comment is ridiculous and objective
    Your comment is ridiculous and objective
    Life is a waste of time learning new things is unproductive oooh gosh why am I breathing
    >learning strategy and technique is a waste of time
    >you cannot apply what you learn in chess to real world experience
    >productivity can only be measured in physical labor

Your implications are downright retarded. Saying chess is a waste of time and not productive just shows how little you understand about it. I would say anything that sharpens the mind and challenges you is on some level productive.
    > Meme Arrows
    > Thinks chess strategy translates to anything else
    > Thinks pointing out why own argument is retarded, makes it not retarded
    > Adheres to bourgeois liberal faggot definitions of productivity because its, like, what I want it to be maaan.

I will literally rape you at chess. I will be back in town on Wednesday and if you want to face me, I will assfuck you, shit on your chest, cum on your face then make you eat it off with a shavette, at chess. 1900 ELO, you bitch nigger, come at me. I know more about chess than you have any chance of ever knowing. Looking forward to facing you if you dare, you little was of jizz. I'll make you gay cock scream my name. J'adore quand ils m'appellent Big Poppa, faggot.
    But Chess leads to no special intellectual or personal development. I know because I wasted too much time getting good at it.
    Kek Houston
    > Adheres to bourgeois liberal faggot definitions of productivity because its, like, what I want it to be maaan.

You are fucking done bucko. I will fucking wrek you like the punk ass cunt nigga faggot shit you are.
Jump to Top