User Controls

Punk rock vs Techno

kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    Which is better? I'm personally more of a purist so I'd go with punk rock despite liking kraftwerk but techno just sounds a little 2d and lacks the soul. How about your gonts?

example of punk rock

example of techno
    Different genres so don't think it's reasonable to say which is better, it all being subjective and all.
    Technologist victim of incest
    Punk

The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Different genres so don't think it's reasonable to say which is better, it all being subjective and all.

not really they have a lot of similarities if you think about it. I'm curious as to what aldra has to say on this as he knows a lot about music and is australian

a band like the zom zoms would be considered punk despite their use of electronics just like devo or say the locust

new punk..isn't punk
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson new punk..isn't punk

sure it is, how is it not? kurt cocaine would spit in your eye for your lack of understand of the longevity of punk rock
    Originally posted by Bill Krozby sure it is, how is it not? kurt cocaine would spit in your eye for your lack of understand of the longevity of punk rock

Listen to late 70s early 80s punk and then tell me how it's like techno...
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Listen to late 70s early 80s punk and then tell me how it's like techno…

the d beat bro is pretty similar to techno beat
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition

why not both?

also autechre isn';t techno, though I'm guessing you just mean general electronic music
    Technologist victim of incest
    From my home town.

In the beginning of punk rock!
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    devo was/is ace
    Originally posted by aldra devo was/is ace

I was supposed to see them play at this one fest but they couldn't show up because the guitar player broke his hand so they had the descendents come and play devo songs, it was rad still
    Originally posted by Bill Krozby the d beat bro is pretty similar to techno beat

The Jam, The Clash, Buzzcocks, Sex Pistols etc etc..there is nothing in there that could be described as "electronic dance music" which is the definition of techno.

Good lord the youth of today...
    NARCassist gollums fat coach
    its house music. electronic dance music is a fucking stupid name, all dance music is electronic.

Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson The Jam, The Clash, Buzzcocks, Sex Pistols etc etc..there is nothing in there that could be described as "electronic dance music" which is the definition of techno.

Good lord the youth of today…

not that the 13th floor elevators are typical punk but they started garage proto punk and used an electronic jug that sounds similar to the pulsing beat of techno

Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Different genres so don't think it's reasonable to say which is better, it all being subjective and all.

its reasonable to ask peoples opinions for sake of discussion tho.

Originally posted by NARCassist its reasonable to ask peoples opinions for sake of discussion tho.

this. this is why I made the thread to draw parallels

gary numan is considered punk but very electronica

bands like skinny puppy are arguably both punk and electronic
    Originally posted by NARCassist its reasonable to ask peoples opinions for sake of discussion tho.

Indeed, and I gave mine ;)
Jump to Top