User Controls

ITT: We design a culture from scratch

GGG victim of incest [my veinlike two-fold aepyornidae]
    For the sake of not making this a race thread, the people of this culture are all varying shades of blue/green and live on a brand new continent that has popped up in the Pacific Ocean. This continent somehow contains all biomes as well as an extant population of woolly mammoths and other mega fauna/flora that were once thought to be wiped out. Humans are completely non-existent and the world is otherwise the same. This is a primitive society with no complex mechanical technology. Steel has only recently been invented.

No rule may overrule a previously given rule. If you want to differentiate from the 'main' culture then you will need to tell us about the minority group you are creating and what they're all about. Please name your minorities so that we can keep track of them. If you don't identify who you're talking about, we will assume you're talking about the main culture. Feel free to add any religion or new law or whatever the fuck else you want to add. This is going to be a clusterfuck of ideas anyway.

MAIN CULTURE: Goblarians (people of the gob)

Language: Gobrathi

Location: All over Gobistan, but considered to be descendants of the Guba-Guba valley tribe who struck deals with various Gods in order to build the 'human' body. God of blackness, Lanny, gave the Guba-Guba their ability to decide their own fate. In exchange, they gave up their inability to feel pain and sadness. There are an estimated 1,000 Gobrathi Gods, each contributing to the modern Gobrathi person in some way.

Cultural rules: Eating meat is seen of as a vile and primitive behavior done only by the uneducated dregs of society. It is looked down upon even by the poor.

Matriarchal society. Men act mostly as laborers and semen producers while the women enjoy living in the upper echelons of society. Men who try to differentiate from this expectation are whipped. Often publicly. Men are also forced to wear clothes which cover their entire body. Women are allowed to walk around in the nude and only wear clothes for ceremonial purposes.

Children are not allowed to be seen in public as the Gobrathi have a rampant issue with pedophiles. By law it is illegal but in common practice it is widely accepted to be a child fucker.

Alcohol is illegal and consuming or producing it is punishable by death.

Government is a form of familial feudalism with no central power to speak of other than congregations of small time queens who are in constant war with one another. War is conducted with honor and directness as it is seen as a great shame to attack your enemy from behind or by surprise.

You cannot own a ship or carriage if you are a peasant. This is seen as betrayal, since you could pack up and leave to another Queen's kingdom at any time.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Sophie and all of their family and descendants are not peasants and never will be, nor will they be slaves or indentured servants. There, i want a ship. With a blue flag, because i am blue the color befitting of a person with my status. And i travel around Gob, and establish several trading outposts along the way.

What does this have to do with culture? Well the trading outposts and the prosperity it brings for the locals inspire a crude cultural appreciation of capitalism.
    The Sophies are labeled as destroyers of society. Most Gobrathi are uneducated and believe in the feudalist system despite living in abject poverty, but support for Capitalism is gaining as those in highly populated areas become more and more exposed to the greed of owning something. Most lords allow this to happen so long as the Sophies give them their cut. This creates an influx of Sophie pirates, and it only takes a few decades before the blue flag is associated with criminality rather than capitalism.
    Since the blue flag is now associated with criminality, everything described as being 'blue' is associated with criminality by extension. The green folk feel resentment towards the blue folk, because the green folk consider themselves good and upstanding citizens of Gob.

After 30 years of unbridled Sophie piracy the ruling body of Gob decides that enough is enough and cracks down hard. In response, the pirates form an organized resistance and on this day The High Council of the Blue Wave is convened for the first time in history. Sophie the 6th is elected as Grand Vizier of the Council. It's a ceremonial role mostly, but it's prestigious in pirate circles nonetheless.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    And since child fucking is condoned and i'm a pirate anyway, let me just post this Stephanie here.

aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    All the blue people consider the greens 'cockroaches' and begin to Rwanda them. it's machete season again
    ich bin einen plasticannen.
    10 years of genocide later the blue people migrate en masse to a northern city they call Sophiland. It rests high in the mountains, and becomes somewhat of a refuge for the disenfranchised blue people of Gob, as well as any who seek to make a fortune of their own. There's a lot of money to be found in the lands of the Sophie, though order seems to be lacking. The migratory and predatory nature of the pirate nation sends most of the women away to sea, leaving the uneducated men to fend for themselves. Though life within the city of Sophiland does seem to be a little bit more equal than in other places. Visitors are astonished to see men working market stalls alone.
Jump to Top