User Controls

people confuse getting depressed with getting old

i've been guilty of thinking this at certain points in my life as well but i've realized it's very prevalent amongst the population. you absolutely need to have some sort of ambition and at least a little bit of optimism about those ambitions AND you have to work at them to be happy in a natural manner.

but at some point in a lot of people's lives, it becomes not worth it for some reason or another to have or pursue those ambitions. maybe it's because they did a bunch of meth and damaged their dopamine system. maybe it's because all they really wanted out of life is to have a significant other to watch netflix and be lazy with, and they found someone. maybe it's because they're socially awkward and have a few bad experiences with socializing or trying to interact with the opposite sex and it's warped their view of the world. so this shit happens to people and they're like "fuck it, this is it" and their ambition leaves, and when the ambition leaves the happiness slowly declines. they stop caring as much about themselves, overeat, oversmoke or eat or take drugs, which furthers the cycle and actually acts to physically age them faster.

but if they could just step outside of that bullshit pessimistic belief that got them there in the first place, or find some form of ambition or one they they could want to work at and complete, they would be able to see that the old viewpoint was just circumstantial.

it's weird to me to see other people do this, and it's so obvious to me that they are telling themselves lies because they don't want to take the chance at viewing the world another way because it would require too much work. then it's even more weird when i realize i've been guilty of the literally the same exact type of thinking and self deception. it's crazy how tricky the mind can be.

anyways, i work with 30 year old dudes who for all intents and purposes might as well be 60 because that's the degree to which they've given up on life but you see 60 year old dudes running marathons and doing yoga and shit who are probably happy as fuck. then people make jokes like "lol once u get 2 X age u'll get fat" or whatever to try to make it sound like their personal failures are just what everyone has to endure.
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    yeah I was thinking about that earlier as well, I My neighbor is 37 and doesn't have a "real" job he used to be homeless but he's doing a lot better now, he refurbishes furniture and sells it and sells tekken as well. He doesn't look 37, he looks a lot younger despite the tekken.
    I've done pretty much everything I wanted to do, and anything I didn't do I'm old enough to realize it doesn't fucking matter anyway.

Bucket lists are just that, lists to be checked off. Checking shit off doesn't make you feel better or be a better person. Older people have simply realized the concept of ambition is based on making $$$ or bragging rights. If you are comfortable financially then the first one goes away, the second one is childish and petty.

Having ambition is just buying in to the cuckish philosophy that the masses have been programmed to have.
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson I've done pretty much everything I wanted to do, and anything I didn't do I'm old enough to realize it doesn't fucking matter anyway.

Bucket lists are just that, lists to be checked off. Checking shit off doesn't make you feel better or be a better person. Older people have simply realized the concept of ambition is based on making $$$ or bragging rights. If you are comfortable financially then the first one goes away, the second one is childish and petty.

Having ambition is just buying in to the cuckish philosophy that the masses have been programmed to have.

i don't mean ambition in that sense. it just has to be ambition to do SOMETHING. i think i've mentioned you say that you are into a few different sports. you had the ambition a while back to start a garden (even tho it sucked and you threw it away because mine was way better).
    Originally posted by OG_GREENPLASTIC_JOHNSON_III i don't mean ambition in that sense. it just has to be ambition to do SOMETHING. i think i've mentioned you say that you are into a few different sports. you had the ambition a while back to start a garden (even tho it sucked and you threw it away because mine was way better).

I suppose, though I guess it depends on your definition of "ambition" and the context. I was talking more about the people setting goals etc rather than a casual pursuit of fresh Basil for ones sandwiches.
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson I suppose, though I guess it depends on your definition of "ambition" and the context. I was talking more about the people setting goals etc rather than a casual pursuit of fresh Basil for ones sandwiches.

i'd say engaging in multiple sports is a lot more ambitious than collecting basil. i know i was talking shit before but for a 51 year old your leg is pretty muscular. i doubt that's a result of not having any goals. i'm not saying you have to set a goal of "i need x results or i won't be happy", more like "how about i go one more mile than i did last week"
    Originally posted by OG_GREENPLASTIC_JOHNSON_III i'd say engaging in multiple sports is a lot more ambitious than collecting basil. i know i was talking shit before but for a 51 year old your leg is pretty muscular. i doubt that's a result of not having any goals. i'm not saying you have to set a goal of "i need x results or i won't be happy", more like "how about i go one more mile than i did last week"

You can touch it if you want.
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson You can touch it if you want.

faggot
Jump to Top