User Controls

How do I require my password in order to access files on VeraCrypt volume

It says that the only time you need to enter the password is when you're mounting the volume, which makes it like 50% worthless because the biggest reason I wanted the encryption app was to require a password in order to access the files on it. Is there some way I can require one; and if not is there another service I can be using that will let me do this?
    A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]
    use a winzip ee EE
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by DietPiano It says that the only time you need to enter the password is when you're mounting the volume, which makes it like 50% worthless because the biggest reason I wanted the encryption app was to require a password in order to access the files on it. Is there some way I can require one; and if not is there another service I can be using that will let me do this?

Just dismount the drive when you're done using it?
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    frala Avant garde shartist
    BLow on It
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    are you talking about using a fixed hard drive? in this scenario you probably want to create a container rather than encrypt the whole drive, that way you can open the container when you're hungry for cheese pizza and close it afterwards.

if you're talking about a USB stick or similar, it mounts when you plug it in so just dismount or unplug when you're done with it
Jump to Top