User Controls

People who do not understand the difference between frustration and anger

GGG victim of incest [my veinlike two-fold aepyornidae]
    I feel like everyone who is quick to anger really just has a problem conflating frustration with anger.

Like for example, it is busy at work. The only other person on a cashier is an old lady and she's really slow, so you keep having to call people over from her line to yours. It is frustrating because she is slow and old and you have to do more work to compensate for her slowness. But you understand that it isn't her fault, and you aren't angry with her for being old and slow, just annoyed.

You have these people, and then you have the people who would blame the lady and turn what should be frustration into anger directed at the old lady. "Why is she so fucking slow holy shit she shouldn't even be working here how does she make more than me" Even if you just keep it bottled up, this sort of resentment is just going to build and build. I see it so often. People getting angry at people over things neither of them really have control over. It's not nice.

I think anyone who has worked in customer service has probably experienced this from a customer, where they're not exactly mad at you specifically, they're mad at everyone and everything because they aren't getting what they want.

I do think most people are good at not being assholes because of it though. It's the ones who don't recognize the pattern or do anything to fix it that end up being toxic and shitty. They think all of their anger is justified and will come up with all sorts of outlandish excuses to push blame onto someone else.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    HTS highlight reel
    The old lady could work somewhere that she's a better fit for. She has total control over whether or not she's doing a job she can't do well and expecting younger, faster people to pick up the slack. 🤔

When I'm employed, I'm basically that dumb old bitch who makes work harder for everyone around me by not quite being able to keep up. It's one of the reasons I hate working, because I feel fucking awful for everyone who has to cover for me. So why the fuck can't Granny Cuntface just speed the fuck up, get a new job, retire, or do something to remedy this situation? Why is she such a selfish piece of shit? Why does she insist on inflicting her decrepitude on the world?
    Originally posted by HTS The old lady could work somewhere that she's a better fit for. She has total control over whether or not she's doing a job she can't do well and expecting younger, faster people to pick up the slack. 🤔

When I'm employed, I'm basically that dumb old bitch who makes work harder for everyone around me by not quite being able to keep up. It's one of the reasons I hate working, because I feel fucking awful for everyone who has to cover for me. So why the fuck can't Granny Cuntface just speed the fuck up, get a new job, retire, or do something to remedy this situation? Why is she such a selfish piece of shit? Why does she insist on inflicting her decrepitude on the world?

Not everybody gets free money from the government for holding a knife to some girl's neck while meth'd out. Some people, even old people, have to work to make a living. The fuck is this old lady going to do besides cashiering? It isn't physically demanding and a lot of old ladies are really charming and chatty. Obviously there's a limit at which this is acceptable, but I've never seen a cashier who seemed incapable of doing their job. 99% of the time when there's a hangup it's because of some bitch with the wrong coupons.

When I worked at a grocery store there was this old lady who was in her 80's and she was so incredibly slow, but she was also one of the nicest people I have ever met in my life. For Halloween she dressed up as a witch and they let her hand out candy all day because they knew she couldn't handle a register. Could she have picked a job where she'd be less in the way? Sure, but I'm not going to get angry or be a bitch to a sweet old lady. Or even a mean one. Not because of their age, anyway.

Meanwhile I had a manager who would always be like, "Ugh, Beatrice is working again" and would also get mad and have little freakouts at the tiniest, most insignificant shit.
    apric0t Houston
    Originally posted by GGG Not everybody gets free money from the government for holding a knife to some girl's neck while meth'd out. Some people, even old people, have to work to make a living. The fuck is this old lady going to do besides cashiering? It isn't physically demanding and a lot of old ladies are really charming and chatty. Obviously there's a limit at which this is acceptable, but I've never seen a cashier who seemed incapable of doing their job. 99% of the time when there's a hangup it's because of some bitch with the wrong coupons.

When I worked at a grocery store there was this old lady who was in her 80's and she was so incredibly slow, but she was also one of the nicest people I have ever met in my life. For Halloween she dressed up as a witch and they let her hand out candy all day because they knew she couldn't handle a register. Could she have picked a job where she'd be less in the way? Sure, but I'm not going to get angry or be a bitch to a sweet old lady. Or even a mean one. Not because of their age, anyway.

Meanwhile I had a manager who would always be like, "Ugh, Beatrice is working again" and would also get mad and have little freakouts at the tiniest, most insignificant shit.

So now society has to deal with her slow ass ringing up their goods because "she has to work too" and didn't plan out a retirement? You're so quick to slash at other peoples lives while pushing up hypothetical strangers you can only guess at...that's a weird fucking trait, guy. Some may even see its contradictory.

I've worked with a few people towards their elder years and every time its been a situation where they don't want to learn, not that they can't. That's where my frustration turns to anger, personally.
    Originally posted by apric0t So now society has to deal with her slow ass ringing up their goods because "she has to work too" and didn't plan out a retirement? You're so quick to slash at other peoples lives while pushing up hypothetical strangers you can only guess at…that's a weird fucking trait, guy. Some may even see its contradictory.

I've worked with a few people towards their elder years and every time its been a situation where they don't want to learn, not that they can't. That's where my frustration turns to anger, personally.

Sounds like someone is FRUSTRATED
Jump to Top