User Controls

what exactly is the method for "getting over" depressing things?

like, you're not supposed to practice avoidance, so does that mean i'm just supposed to sit here and marinate in pain until it stops? they say to distract yourself but isn't that just avoiding the problem? i don't really see the difference between making myself happy by distracting myself by talking to people or playing video games and distracting myself by taking a bunch of etizolam and numbing out. i feel like it's all just bullshit and the only real way to get over the past is to have time to forget about the old memories and establish new ones. because no matter what i do and how happy i can be when i'm out and about, as soon as i'm left alone with my thoughts again shit starts to turn dark. i don't really feel like forcing myself to go out and talk to people and do "normal" things is really anything more than just constant distraction.

i could try to fuck some other girls and pretty sure i could do it relatively easily but i feel like that's kind of dangerous and i don't want to damage myself or anyone else any further or create problems for anyone, and i don't really feel like it would help anyways. if my hearts not in it it feels kind of destructive. i dont know why im fucking stuck here in my head caring about things that literally nobody else on the planet cares about anymore.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Ghost Black Hole
    Positive energy
    Needledick Needledick Needledick motherfucker [mulishly down your brachydactylia]
    Get some cold Heinekens.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by Needledick Needledick Needledick Get some cold Heinekens.

i'm good, if i'm going to resort to wanton self destruction at this point it's going to be permanent. i'm not waking up with a fucking hangover and depressed, fuck that
    Technologist victim of incest
    Originally posted by OG_GREENPLASTIC_JOHNSON_III the only real way to get over the past is to have time to forget about the old memories and establish new ones. because no matter what i do and how happy i can be when i'm out and about, as soon as i'm left alone with my thoughts again shit starts to turn dark. i don't really feel like forcing myself to go out and talk to people and do "normal" things is really anything more than just constant distraction.

I know you don’t want to get out, but you have to force yourself. You don’t have to deal with other people, there’s things you can do outside of your home to set your mind right. It won’t happen overnight, of course.

You seem to be enjoying getting healthier, hiking, cycling, hitting the skate park; just taking deep breaths of fresh air into your lungs will all help you begin to feel life again.

I’m saying this because it’s been the only way I’ve been able to snap out of a deep depression. I know it’s soooooo easier said than done, and what works for me might not work for you, but i know it will at least ease some of your sadness.
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    LSD
    Life is a vast ocean of misery and normality broken only by a few tiny islands of happiness.

Don't waste your time thinking how to get to an island when you are in the middle of the ocean, just worry about staying afloat and sooner or later the current will take you and you'll spot an island on the horizon.
    Originally posted by Technologist I know you don’t want to get out, but you have to force yourself. You don’t have to deal with other people, there’s things you can do outside of your home to set your mind right. It won’t happen overnight, of course.

You seem to be enjoying getting healthier, hiking, cycling, hitting the skate park; just taking deep breaths of fresh air into your lungs will all help you begin to feel life again.

I’m saying this because it’s been the only way I’ve been able to snap out of a deep depression. I know it’s soooooo easier said than done, and what works for me might not work for you, but i know it will at least ease some of your sadness.

i get out every single day now, i talk to people and even have hung out with a few friends lately and i'm friendly with (most ppl) at work and chat with them and i'm happy during those moments. but shit from the past still gets me down i guess when i'm on my own. i really fucked up my old situation and life as you know and it feels like it'll just never be the same or comparable again. i can accept that but it feels like it'll never really get better...i'll always be reminded of it and my attempts to "live life" will always be a distraction at best.

Originally posted by Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country LSD

I'm actually probably going to try to take some acid tomorrow.
    HTS highlight reel

I'm only half joking.
    Acid will give you some answers, but once you get them all then the magic is lost and you don't get anything new. Just the same old worthless bullshit over and over.
    Originally posted by DietPiano Acid will give you some answers, but once you get them all then the magic is lost and you don't get anything new. Just the same old worthless bullshit over and over.

im not really looking for answers, but doing acid is always intense and meaningful and maybe it will break up the monotony
    GGG victim of incest [my veinlike two-fold aepyornidae]
    Originally posted by Technologist I know you don’t want to get out, but you have to force yourself. You don’t have to deal with other people, there’s things you can do outside of your home to set your mind right. It won’t happen overnight, of course.

So, you think its true then? There is no solution, only distraction?

Sometimes I wonder how hard drugs have fucked my reward system. I dont seem to enjoy things in the same way as sober people. They get so excited about their hobbies and interests. I mean I work out and have productive hobbies but 80% it just feels like a routine. Like I'm just living the same day over and over.

I could get new hobbies and do new things, but those too will eventually become old and monotonous. A temporary distraction.

Maybe the connotation of the word distraction is making this more depressing than it needs to sound, but I don't mean it like that. It's just that objectively it seems like thats all humans try to do is distract themselves. Some do it destructively, others find a positive way to distract themselves, but its still a distraction in the end. Something you do because you want to be happier than you are.

Maybe distractions are the key to happiness and I've just been picking the wrong ones, idk. It just seems kind of pointless to try and put yourself out there purely for the sake of the distraction. How is that any different of a coping mechanism than using drugs?
    Ghost Black Hole
    Religion and spirituality
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by Ghost Religion and spirituality

It's funny how accepting Jesus Christ as your personal savior and embracing the church is actually a pretty solid treatment plan, but millenñials are too corrupted by atheistic secular sinner culture to ever actually accept it.
    GGG victim of incest [my veinlike two-fold aepyornidae]
    Originally posted by HTS It's funny how accepting Jesus Christ as your personal savior and embracing the church is actually a pretty solid treatment plan, but MOON PERSONs are too corrupted by atheistic secular sinner culture to ever actually accept it.

You cant force yourself to believe in God. Stop saying dumb devils advocate shit.
    HTS - heartily trolling seculars
    I wish I didnt tithe
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by GGG You cant force yourself to believe in God. Stop saying dumb devils advocate shit.

Not even Devil's Advocate shit. This is exactly what I'm talking about - millenñials have been so corrupted that they feel like they'd actually have to force themselves to believe in God. It's sad. Gone are the days of "taking a leap of faith".
    A nice cup of tea and a fancy little cupcake always cheers me up.
Jump to Top