User Controls

Electricity Flow

Admin African Astronaut
    If I plug something into the wall outlet and it doesn't matter which way the plug goes in, will it matter how I connect wires if I power the device from another device's power cord?
    Grylls Cum Looking Faggot [abrade this vocal tread-softly]
    it’s always best to put a metal object such as a knife in the outlet to test it first
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    could you state a little more explicitly exactly what u r trying 2 do
    Originally posted by OG_GREENPLASTIC_JOHNSON_III could you state a little more explicitly exactly what u r trying 2 do

trying to kill him self obviously
    Originally posted by Grylls trying to kill him self obviously

hmu for that numbutal/heroin/alprazolam/ethanol combo fam i got two for the price of one πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    Probably not - but it can do. US outlets are a little scary.
    Admin African Astronaut
    Originally posted by OG_GREENPLASTIC_JOHNSON_III could you state a little more explicitly exactly what u r trying 2 do

When I plug things in, I can plug it in either way. Right?
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Originally posted by Admin When I plug things in, I can plug it in either way. Right?

Usually, but it depends on the thing. Is it an electrical or electronic device?
    Admin African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Obbe Usually, but it depends on the thing. Is it an electrical or electronic device?

Lets say something like an oven or refrigerator.
    Originally posted by Admin When I plug things in, I can plug it in either way. Right?

these are what i used in asia and i know for a fact it can be plugged in either way

what plug you looking at?
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Originally posted by Admin Lets say something like an oven or refrigerator.

An oven in north america would require 2 hots of different phases as well as a common grounded conductor (the white). You can switch the hots around with each other but if you accidentally switched a hot with the white wire you could create a line to line short and start a fire.

A fridge shouldn't matter. It gets 1 hot and 1 identified and as long as it is alternating current it really shouldn't make a difference if they were switched.

I do recommend looking at the schematics first to make sure doing so wouldn't damage any sensitive electronics, as some modern fridges do have them, touch screens and such.

Why do you even need to be doing this? Are you unable to hire a professional?
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Admin African Astronaut
    I just want to hook a rPI zero up inside of a oven in my hotel room.

Come on guys. Let's get on it. Let make it happen!

*claps hands*

Let's go!
    A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]
    are u reflowing the solder u cant plug a oven upside down becuz it only plugs one way
    Originally posted by A College Professor are u reflowing the solder u cant plug a oven upside down becuz it only plugs one way

shut the fuck up man-bitch-tits
    Erekshun Naturally Camouflaged

This^

Splain it.
    Admin African Astronaut
    I'm try to power a Raspberry Pi Zero from either an oven, microwave, television, alarm clock, or other household object, from within the object, using the objects power.

Seems pretty normal to me.
    you can use peltier plates to generate power to run the device while the oven is operating
    stl1 Cum Lickin' Fagit
    Why don't you just buy a plug and plug it into an outlet?

This information may help:

On a standard 120 volt 3 prong outlet, the odd round part is the equipment ground. It will be the green wire. It is a safety and is not required for the equipment to operate. It can, however, save you from being electrocuted if the equipment metal housing somehow gets electrified.

One of the two flat holes is a little bigger than the other. That will be the neutral wire and colored white.

The smaller flat hole is your power and will have a black wire.

Further, if the smaller slot doesn't have a 90 degree slot coming off of it, it is a 15 amp outlet. If it has the 90 degree slot, it is a 20 amp outlet.
    Admin African Astronaut
    Originally posted by stl1 Why don't you just buy a plug and plug it into an outlet?

People will see it.
Jump to Top