User Controls

Kali Linux

Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    Anyone use this? Is it suitable for day to day use, or should you just run it off a USB? How about a virtual machine in Ubuntu?
    HikikomoriYume0 African Astronaut
    just install ubuntu and use xfce or lxde
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    it pretty much is just cut down ubuntu with a bunch of tools preconfigured.

you can potentially use it day-to-day but there's not really any benefit to it unless your job is peen testing or something

it'll work fine in a VM, you'll probably need to give the VM direct hardware access to the wlan card if you plan on doing any cracking there. and for cracking/hashing you'll probably want to do that outside of the VM for performance's sake
    filtration African Astronaut
    This post has been edited by a bot I made to preserve my privacy.
    Bueno motherfucker
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    Originally posted by Bueno It wouldnt be ideal to use it as an everyday OS.
    You might run into a bunch of annoyance.

Personally use VMs due to the snapshot feature, allows me to save the base desktop and revert after a project without reinstalling the whole VM.
    Once you get in a habit of maintaining snapshots, its just soooo much easier.

OK. Do you just use VirtualBox?
    Bueno motherfucker
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
Jump to Top