User Controls

romantic love is actually just hate

people are just so deluded by their own selfishness that they can't see it. people just want to fucking cum and the more someone can make them do that the more meaning will be assigned in memory to that person which creates the illusion that the other things about them are important too (like health, welbeing etc. its only important because if your mate dies of cancer they cant get you off anymore). its totally based on selfishness and then creating other reasons in your head of why they're important to you

then when the hate reaches a certain point the whole thing collapses and only one gets to come out with a final kick to the teeth
    WellHung Black Hole
    u need more love in ur life. keep searching. There are good ones out there, just tough to find.
    Originally posted by WellHung u need more love in ur life. keep searching. There are good ones out there, just tough to find.

the process is inherently self serving though, while at the same time generating beliefs that let you convince yourself you actually care about the other person

but, that doesn't mean there aren't good people out there.
    love is being created from nothing so that you have experience

terribles experiences where you don't even understand what happens til after your shit is already fucked up
    WellHung Black Hole
    Originally posted by OG_GREENPLASTIC_JOHNSON_III the process is inherently self serving though, while at the same time generating beliefs that let you convince yourself you actually care about the other person

but, that doesn't mean there aren't good people out there.

Perhaps, in most cases, but not when you find the love of a lifetime. I would Do anything in my power to help/protect/support my better half. She is truly my everything. Took me 40 years to find her. Might take you that long ...not as long... longer... or you might never find her. But you might as well keep looking. What have you got to lose?
    i had an acid trip a couple years ago where i kept hearing "i love you" echoing throughout the universe intermittently throughout the trip but it had an eerie feeling to it and everyone looked like they were part of some other potentially hostile tribe
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    WellHung Black Hole
    Originally posted by OG_GREENPLASTIC_JOHNSON_III love is being created from nothing so that you have experience

terribles experiences where you don't even understand what happens til after your shit is already fucked up

specifically? Get it off your chest...👍
    WellHung Black Hole
    Originally posted by OG_GREENPLASTIC_JOHNSON_III i had an acid trip a couple years ago where i kept hearing "i love you" echoing throughout the universe intermittently throughout the trip but it had an eerie feeling to it and everyone looked like they were part of some other potentially hostile tribe

Smh
    Originally posted by WellHung Perhaps, in most cases, but not when you find the love of a lifetime. I would Do anything in my power to help/protect/support my better half. She is truly my everything. Took me 40 years to find her. Might take you that long …not as long… longer… or you might never find her. But you might as well keep looking. What have you got to lose?

does she know you fuck a bunch of other trashy women?
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    It's all chemicals man.
    Originally posted by Sophie It's all chemicals man.

yea, at the core of it

but chemicals lead to thoughts
    Originally posted by OG_GREENPLASTIC_JOHNSON_III yea, at the core of it

but chemicals lead to thoughts

Chemicals, thoughts, whatever. Subjectively, it feels pretty good. Love. It has also important social functions, and social functions are critical to our survival since we're social animals. Biologically speaking of course.
    Originally posted by Sophie Chemicals, thoughts, whatever. Subjectively, it feels pretty good. Love. It has also important social functions, and social functions are critical to our survival since we're social animals. Biologically speaking of course.

sure, but none of that stuff contradicts the OP
    Originally posted by OG_GREENPLASTIC_JOHNSON_III sure, but none of that stuff contradicts the OP

I wasn't implying that it did. In truth i ignored the title's literal interpretation and just figured you were being a bit jaded. The point is, i get the sense you're just trying to minimize what "love" means. To me, it doesn't really matter how it works biologically or psychologically, i experience it subjectively. And when i do it is pretty great, generally speaking. You're making absolute statements like;

>people are just so deluded by their own selfishness that they can't see it.

But absolute statements can only apply absolutely, to people at least, if they describe some universal experience. Love is a pretty universal experience but the way you explain it, i feel does not apply to my experience of love.

And that's fine, i'm high.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by Sophie I wasn't implying that it did. In truth i ignored the title's literal interpretation and just figured you were being a bit jaded. The point is, i get the sense you're just trying to minimize what "love" means. To me, it doesn't really matter how it works biologically or psychologically, i experience it subjectively. And when i do it is pretty great, generally speaking. You're making absolute statements like;

>people are just so deluded by their own selfishness that they can't see it.

But absolute statements can only apply absolutely, to people at least, if they describe some universal experience. Love is a pretty universal experience but the way you explain it, i feel does not apply to my experience of love.

And that's fine, i'm high.

i wanna reply to this tomorrow bcause i am also really high andi its a lot of difficulty right now for me to get my point across,
    Originally posted by OG_GREENPLASTIC_JOHNSON_III i wanna reply to this tomorrow bcause i am also really high andi its a lot of difficulty right now for me to get my point across,

I feel compelled to say something mean about getting points across but perish the thought. I refrain because i appreciate you. And no amount of useless latent drug fueled sadism is going to interfere. I'm being honest to prove i am committed.
    alright, what i meant to say is that you experience love that way because you associate love with things that have consistently provided you with something. you don't love someone until you've spent a good amount of time with them. so even though it may be an all around positive experience for both of you, the love is sill based on each persons ability to provide for the other's needs, so it is a selfish action to be in love with someone.

then again myself and every single one of my exes ever have been toxic af. so maybe it's just a perceptionthing
    Originally posted by OG_GREENPLASTIC_JOHNSON_III alright, what i meant to say is that you experience love that way because you associate love with things that have consistently provided you with something. you don't love someone until you've spent a good amount of time with them. so even though it may be an all around positive experience for both of you, the love is sill based on each persons ability to provide for the other's needs, so it is a selfish action to be in love with someone.

then again myself and every single one of my exes ever have been toxic af. so maybe it's just a perceptionthing

I get what you're saying. My question would be though, if you take a selfish action whether you are conscious of it or not but it has a positive effect on more people than just yourself is the action then still selfish?
    WellHung Black Hole
    Originally posted by Sophie I get what you're saying. My question would be though, if you take a selfish action whether you are conscious of it or not but it has a positive effect on more people than just yourself is the action then still selfish?

awesome reversal? i hadnt thought of it. Depends on if you're defining selfish by intent or result.
    Originally posted by WellHung awesome reversal? i hadnt thought of it. Depends on if you're defining selfish by intent or result.

I think as long as the result is positive for yourself and at least one other person the intent doesn't really matter. For instance you might protect someone from hurting themselves because you yourself can't bear the thought of the person being hurt but if your actions satisfy that requirement and prevent actual harm the positive effects extend beyond you. And i would argue that that, isn't selfish at all.
Jump to Top