User Controls

Pfizer found out Enbrel prevents Alzheimers and kept it secret

Folks, the folks on Enbrel are 63% less likely to have the Alzy.

https://beta.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/pfizer-had-clues-its-blockbuster-drug-could-prevent-alzheimers-why-didnt-it-tell-the-world/2019/06/04/9092e08a-7a61-11e9-8bb7-0fc796cf2ec0_story.html?outputType=amp
    HikikomoriYume0 African Astronaut
    Money = control
    They don't want to cure people, that's not the goal.
    HTS highlight reel
    Folks, data from insurance companies indicated a correlation between Enbrel patients and reduced risk of Alzheimers, but Pfizer determined that the odds were low that there was an actual causative relationship between those things and therefor it was not worth shelling out $80,000,000 to perform a study on it.
    HTS highlight reel
    Let's be clear: there's no evidence that Enbrel prevents Alzheimers, just some intriguing non-scientific data. And there's nothing at all to suggest that it could actually reverse the effects of Alzheimers or cure it.
    No, but there's a good chance that it COULD given the data presented
    Pfizer wrestled quite a bit with whether or not to pursue more research but took the safe route. But now we will never find out because money.
    Originally posted by HTS Let's be clear: there's no evidence that Enbrel prevents Alzheimers, just some intriguing non-scientific data. And there's nothing at all to suggest that it could actually reverse the effects of Alzheimers or cure it.

5 years ago:

There's no scientific evidence to suggest that Vyvanse is addictive. There are only tens of thousands of non-scientific reports of addiciton.
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by DietYellow No, but there's a good chance that it COULD given the data presented
    Pfizer wrestled quite a bit with whether or not to pursue more research but took the safe route. But now we will never find out because money.

Their patent on Enbrel is expired. If it's going to be an Alzheimer's treatment, someone else can run the study. They just won't, for the same reason Pfizer didn't.
    Originally posted by HTS Their patent on Enbrel is expired. If it's going to be an Alzheimer's treatment, someone else can run the study. They just won't, for the same reason Pfizer didn't.

That's what I just fucking said
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by DietYellow That's what I just fucking said

Right, but that's not Pfizer's fault anymore.
    Originally posted by HTS Right, but that's not Pfizer's fault anymore.

I never fucking said that
    gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    How the fuck does one even pronounce Pfizer?

Is it like viser? Like the headwear thing for blocking the sun from your eyes?

Is the P silent?

Or is it like...

Pviser?
    Pffff...
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    Originally posted by DietYellow No, but there's a good chance that it COULD given the data presented

Blame the bureaucrats and the doctors who make medicine such a shit show of salaried overpaid morons who have no skills but finding excuses to themselves look important.
    Originally posted by gadzooks How the fuck does one even pronounce Pfizer?

Is it like viser? Like the headwear thing for blocking the sun from your eyes?

Is the P silent?

Or is it like…

Pviser?

I just ignore the p
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by DietYellow I never fucking said that

I dunno mate, this seems kind of accusatory at first glance:

Originally posted by DietYellow Pfizer wrestled quite a bit with whether or not to pursue more research but took the safe route. But now we will never find out because money.

Sounds a lot like you're saying Pfizer had a chance but they blew it so now we'll never know.

Just sayin'. 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
    Originally posted by HTS I dunno mate, this seems kind of accusatory at first glance:

Sounds a lot like you're saying Pfizer had a chance but they blew it so now we'll never know.

Just sayin'. 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Yeah, I didn't say they made the wrong decision, I was explaining the reason why they chose to keep their findings secret. Money.

I said the same fucking thing that you said, but you said it after me and pretended like I said something else and was disagreeing with the thing you said which was something that I fucking said before you fucking said it.
Jump to Top