User Controls

YouTube to ban thousands of users.

Technologist victim of incest
    YouTube is banning anything that supports a viewpoint where people speak of being superior due to race, sexual orientation, religion, etc. etc. From what I’ve read, they’re really targeting white nationalists.

They’re also banning people who deny proven events, such as the holocaust, sandy hook, etc., etc.

Now, I have not grown up watching YouTube videos, so I don’t know much about the culture.

Not sure what I think about this one. I like free speech and I despise hate speech. Your thoughts?

Oops, forgot my link.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2019/06/05/youtube-will-remove-more-white-supremacist-hoax-videos-greater-hate-speech-effort/
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    stl1 Cum Lickin' Fagit
    YouTube needs to allow female nudity on the videos.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Common De-mominator African Astronaut
    Good, ban those niggers
    Originally posted by stl1 YouTube needs to allow female nudity on the videos.

I thought you got plenty of nudes in your inbox. Don’t you have a spank bank😂?
    gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    Originally posted by Technologist They’re also banning people who deny proven events, such as the holocaust, sandy hook, etc., etc.

Literally nothing can be proven.

You can't even prove that you made the post I'm quoting right now.
    Originally posted by Technologist Not sure what I think about this one. I like free speech and I despise hate speech. Your thoughts?

Pretty much my permanent state.

Well, except I am more fervently against banning free speech than I am against hate speech, but that's just me.
    stl1 Cum Lickin' Fagit
    Originally posted by Technologist I thought you got plenty of nudes in your inbox. Don’t you have a spank bank😂?

Only of you, my lovely!
    I gotcha Gad, but I’m not thinking that deeply today 😂😂😂😂.

Speaking to a parent of a sandy hook victim would seal that deal for me.
    Not that I support their decision but a company should have the right to pick and choose what they allow on their platform, It's up to Youtube... If people don't like it they don't have to use the service...they can find an alternate one or even start their own.

Part of "free speech" is allowing a company/organization to make it's own decisions on their content.

That's why I'd never buy a home with a HOA...no motherfinger is going to tell me what color I can paint my mailbox.
    Like, I'll raise my dukes in defense of free speech, but if some motherfucker come along all like "niggers are gay, gays are niggers, gays and niggers are jedis, all gays and niggers and jedis require expedient expulsion"...

I'll be like... "Wait a minute... I respect your right to say shit like that, but you're an asshole. If we expel all jedis, who will make movies? If we expel all Gays, who will redecorate our homes and give us makeovers? And if we expel all Niggers, will we not have an overwhelming surplus of fried chicken and watermelon on the market?"

Like, damn. Gotta contemplate the consequences.
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Not that I support their decision but a company should have the right to pick and choose what they allow on their platform, It's up to Youtube… If people don't like it they don't have to use the service…they can find an alternate one or even start their own.

Part of "free speech" is allowing a company/organization to make it's own decisions on their content.

That's why I'd never buy a home with a HOA…no motherfinger is going to tell me what color I can paint my mailbox.

I agree with you 100%. They pay their bills, they make the decisions, as me parents used to tell me as a we lass😁

Gawd help me for agreeing with you, I’m gonna say 5 Hail Marys today.
    Originally posted by gadzooks Like, damn. Gotta contemplate the consequences.

Exactly.

Do you think this online culture of hate has an affect on impressionable minds, like Hukimoron?
    Originally posted by Technologist Exactly.

Do you think this online culture of hate has an affect on impressionable minds, like Hukimoron?

I'd bet cold hard cash on it myself.

This is actually a topic that I normally find myself absolutely engrossed in, but I'm kinda high/drunk, so I can't quite perform to the best of my abilities.

I am forced to recuse myself (for now at least).

But yeah, the measure of absoluteness for free speech is always going to be a grey area. If push comes to shove, though, I'll take the side of free speech over whatever "toxic" speech someone is trying to ban.

If we can't openly engage in healthy political discourse, we are ABSOLUTELY FUCKED.

Like, 1984 fucked.
    Originally posted by Technologist I like free speech and I despise hate speech.

except when it comes to pedo speech.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    'proven events'
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    these people don't seem to understand the reason free speech was enshrined in the US constitution and protected to varying degrees in the west to start with
    Originally posted by aldra 'proven events'

I think their words were “well documented violent events”.
    Originally posted by aldra these people don't seem to understand the reason free speech was enshrined in the US constitution and protected to varying degrees in the west to start with

Of course it doesn't apply to the private sector anyway, just protection from Government interference...should the gov tell youtube "no you can't ban who you like"...THAT would be against free speech...not youtube itself choosing to ban users.
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny except when it comes to pedo speech.

I was kinda tiptoeing around this exact issue, but... I just smoked some meth at 8 AM, so I have some doubts that I'm gonna go back to sleep any time soon, so... I might as well dive right in...

This is kinda exactly what I have in mind when I'm debating freedom of speech.

NOTE: NOT freedom of expression, in the most absolute sense (Because then we have to pretty much allow anything, including Clinical Particulars, or even snuff films, etc).

It's an uncomfortable topic (for most of us, at least), but it's absolutely fundamental to any kind of decision regarding freedom of speech.

Then again, come to think of it, I don't think that that many folks on here are provenly hypocritical on the topic.

Just as much as someone wants to express their interest in engaging in sexual interactions with a minor, one must also concede that others are therefore allowed to express their contempt and disgust at that fact.

If you flat-out want anyone banned from this site, and actually request it or take some action towards accomplishing that desire, then, you have crossed the lines of what is generally considered "free speech".

But, on the flipside, you also can't request that everyone who expressed disgust, or even complex violent fantasies, against the above-mentioned types, be banned.

It's like a Mexican standoff.

You all pretty much have to holster your weapons and accept the speech (NOTE: This does not, ethically speaking, necessarily include actions) of your online adversary.
    They will most likely only enforce this for "offending" content in English.

I pity those who are confined to only one language.
Jump to Top