User Controls

tfw u had an i5 all along

HikikomoriYume0 African Astronaut
    like finding out your girlfriend is a tranny
    My first PC build I swear I bought an i7 but I just took the cpu out and wiped off the thermal paste and like finding your girlfirned's penis, the fucking thing was an i5 all along (XO___________OX);
    At least this means it'll be cheaper to replace.

I decided to just update/repair my desktop instead of buying a mac for now.

https://www.newegg.com/intel-core-i5-4th-gen-core-i5-4670/p/N82E16819116898?Description=i5%204670&cm_re=i5_4670-_-19-116-898-_-Product

what the fuck it's still going for around $200 ... I bought mine back in 2014.
    You know what ... I'm starting to think the people at Frys lied to me and sold me an i5 saying it wasn i7, or maybe they did tell me and I was high at the time.
    I want to get an AMD though, does anybody here know of an affordable AMD+Motherboard combo?
    anyhoo I was getting an error message at boot that said the cpu was overheating
    There are dark spots on the cpu, you can't really see it in this image
    so idk, could it be the cpu, or the psu or both?
    I tried booting it up recently and it'll stay on for a few brief seconds then power off

in person you can definitely see darkened regions near the area where it says 002
    wow AMD cpus are way more affordable than intel
    Guess I'll just toss this little guy away and get an AMD Ryzen cpu and new motherboard.
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    What intel call their CPUs is just marketing. They've had some of these brands out for 30 years now. Use the model number instead, fool.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    get a threadripper lol

last I checked AMD processor speeds were roughly on par with intel but the higher-end ones use significantly more power and don't have an integrated GPU so getting a graphics card is not optional
    A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]
    lets buy OP a mac so he can go "do art" instead of posting here
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    i had an i5 but i programmed it to be an i7
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    Make sure the socket is compatible. Not all motherboards will work with all CPUs, it's not like USB or anything.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Make sure the socket is compatible. Not all motherboards will work with all CPUs, it's not like USB or anything.

I already know that ...
    AMD IS SUPERIOR TO IN$EL

APPLE IS SUPERIOR TO I$M

neither are ladies magnets
    Anyway, yeah sell your computer and buy a mac mini. I can't wait to hear about it.
    Originally posted by DietYellow Anyway, yeah sell your computer and buy a mac mini. I can't wait to hear about it.

Do you even have any experience with the latest macs or are you espousing groupthink?
    Yeahh, yeah i do those new mac 10s hey they're pretty can't miss bro. I would get one asap.
    Buy the ones with Superdrive they run Firewire best.
    FUCK YES

My pc from 2008 still works!
    The PSU died while I was living in a hotel a couple years ago and I haven't used it since, but just now I took out the PSU from this one build I made in 2014 (the one with the dead CPU that this thread is about) and put it in my 2008 desktop and IT FUCKING WORKS!
    The CPU is taken from an HP desktop I got in 2007 ... it's a duocore 2 lol orz but hey it still works.
    I'm gonna buy a 4:3 monitor off amazon and rock it like it's 2006.
    I still have Postal 2 and The Sims 2 on cd-rom ... and Morrowind as well ...
    Computing has changed so little that a duocore 2 and 4gb of ram can still get you around as long as you stay away from modern gaming
    larrylegend8383 Naturally Camouflaged
    Hope your cat shits in your mouth
    Originally posted by HikikomoriYume0 FUCK YES

My pc from 2008 still works!
    The PSU died while I was living in a hotel a couple years ago and I haven't used it since, but just now I took out the PSU from this one build I made in 2014 (the one with the dead CPU that this thread is about) and put it in my 2008 desktop and IT FUCKING WORKS!
    The CPU is taken from an HP desktop I got in 2007 … it's a duocore 2 lol orz but hey it still works.
    I'm gonna buy a 4:3 monitor off amazon and rock it like it's 2006.
    I still have Postal 2 and The Sims 2 on cd-rom … and Morrowind as well …

How's that mac mini coming jr?

Why don't you just change the resolution to 4:3 on your current monitor dumb squirt?

Also I have a can of duster to dust my computer with when I get the gumption in my room, which is basically like having a bomb vis a vis sober living.
    CASPER Soldier of Fourchin
    Originally posted by HikikomoriYume0 like finding out your girlfriend is a tranny
    My first PC build I swear I bought an i7 but I just took the cpu out and wiped off the thermal paste and like finding your girlfirned's penis, the fucking thing was an i5 all along (XO___________OX);
    At least this means it'll be cheaper to replace.

I decided to just update/repair my desktop instead of buying a mac for now.

https://www.newegg.com/intel-core-i5-4th-gen-core-i5-4670/p/N82E16819116898?Description=i5%204670&cm_re=i5_4670-_-19-116-898-_-Product

what the fuck it's still going for around $200 … I bought mine back in 2014.
    You know what … I'm starting to think the people at Frys lied to me and sold me an i5 saying it wasn i7, or maybe they did tell me and I was high at the time.
    I want to get an AMD though, does anybody here know of an affordable AMD+Motherboard combo?

I replaced my i5-2500k rig from 2011 with a Ryzen 5 2600x. Been pretty happy so far.
Jump to Top