User Controls

The biggest issue in my life is people taking issue with the fact that I'm not taking issue with enough things.

HTS highlight reel
    People like to say that not doing anything to stop problematic behavior is just as bad as being problematic, but that's bullshit. Apathetic people never hurt anyone. The only people who cause harm are the people who actively care about shit. Racism? If nobody gave a shit about race, the problem would evaporate instantly: caring about race, and caring that people care about race are the mentalities creating an issue. Don't rope my apathetic ass into your fucked up narrative and pretend I'm evil for not doing anything evil (or good). All the world's ills are problems created by - and for - people who give a shit.

Now... I don't give a shit if you stop giving a shit or not... but be honest with yourself: I'm not the problem. Just let me not a give a shit about your problems in peace. Thank you.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    If Scron wants to be your boyfriend it is only right and proper that he takes care of you. It's different because you're not just two guys, you are transitioning, which presumably you are doing because you feel like a girl. Now if we take that line of reasoning to it's logical conclusion, Scron really should be taking better care of you.
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by Sophie If Scron wants to be your boyfriend it is only right and proper that he takes care of you. It's different because you're not just two guys, you are transitioning, which presumably you are doing because you feel like a girl. Now if we take that line of reasoning to it's logical conclusion, Scron really should be taking better care of you.

I'm not sure how this relates, but sure. I don't know what feeling like a guy or girl feels like though. That's kind of a lie, but also not really. I mean shit what does feeling like a man or a woman feel like? I just feel like my regular ass self. Best I can figure it's really just a measure of how adequate/inadequate you feel when measuring yourself against an external set of of prescribed ideals for each gender. You don't feel like a man when you fail to live up to the expectations of what a man is. You don't feel like a woman when you fail to live up to the expectations of what a woman is. Beyond that, does "being a boy/girl" even have a feeling? 🤔

And yet, even as I question this, I always go back to that dream I had as a kid where I was a girl and I felt happy. Was that what it was like to "feel like a girl"? I don't think the girl aspect had anything special to it, I don't think I felt any different aside from being elated with that existence. I guess the thing that elated me was that "I felt like a girl", but really it's even less tangible than a feeling. I just was that, and it was right. No feeling to it. Haha.
    gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    I know that feel... Sort of.

I often jokingly refer to myself as a "radical centrist". When it comes to the things that most people get all heated up over (all things politics, basically), I generally either approach it with levity and humor, or from a "sure let's debate this, i'll take whatever side is less represented here" perspective, or even by just straight up staying out of it altogether.

Luckily, most people don't make a huge case out of it for me. I have been called things like SJW, cuck, or Zionist shill, by folks on the right side of the spectrum, and have been called a few things by folks on the left side of the spectrum (not as much around here, though, because NiS seems to have a vocal majority on the right side of the spectrum).

But a certain kind of freedom comes from being completely unrestricted by political stance.

You're allowed to not be zealously opiniated about every single issue. In fact, I'd go so far as to argue that it can be considered a virtue.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by gadzooks I know that feel… Sort of.

I often jokingly refer to myself as a "radical centrist". When it comes to the things that most people get all heated up over (all things politics, basically), I generally either approach it with levity and humor, or from a "sure let's debate this, i'll take whatever side is less represented here" perspective, or even by just straight up staying out of it altogether.

Luckily, most people don't make a huge case out of it for me. I have been called things like SJW, cuck, or Zionist shill, by folks on the right side of the spectrum, and have been called a few things by folks on the left side of the spectrum (not as much around here, though, because NiS seems to have a vocal majority on the right side of the spectrum).

But a certain kind of freedom comes from being completely unrestricted by political stance.

You're allowed to not be zealously opiniated about every single issue. In fact, I'd go so far as to argue that it can be considered a virtue.

I'm basically with you 100% on this, down to the jokingly referring to myself as a radical centrist chad. But this viewpoint is invariably met with "PICK A SIDE YOU FENCE SITTING CUCK YOU'RE A PUSSY FOR NOT HAVING STRONGLY HELD CONVICTIONS ABOUT THINGS AND YOU'RE JUST AS EVIL AS [OPPOSITE PERSPECTIVE OF SPEAKER]". If you don't give enough of a shit to hate people, people will hate you for it. It's ridiculous!
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Originally posted by HTS I'm not sure how this relates, but sure. I don't know what feeling like a guy or girl feels like though. That's kind of a lie, but also not really. I mean shit what does feeling like a man or a woman feel like? I just feel like my regular ass self. Best I can figure it's really just a measure of how adequate/inadequate you feel when measuring yourself against an external set of of prescribed ideals for each gender. You don't feel like a man when you fail to live up to the expectations of what a man is. You don't feel like a woman when you fail to live up to the expectations of what a woman is. Beyond that, does "being a boy/girl" even have a feeling? 🤔

And yet, even as I question this, I always go back to that dream I had as a kid where I was a girl and I felt happy. Was that what it was like to "feel like a girl"? I don't think the girl aspect had anything special to it, I don't think I felt any different aside from being elated with that existence. I guess the thing that elated me was that "I felt like a girl", but really it's even less tangible than a feeling. I just was that, and it was right. No feeling to it. Haha.

Thank you for sharing your personal mentality and attitude towards this. My point was really more to say that a real man, a good man takes care of the ones he loves. It doesn't matter if the significant other is trans or not, that's really not what i'm going after. I just feel that if he really loves you he should want to take care of you. And i don't mean like treating you as if you're a princess, but trying to build towards something greater for the both of you.

And before anyone starts firing up the pedo bashing rhetoric, where they'll claim i can't possibly know what a real man is supposed to be like because i am [insert derogatory slur here]. I'll have you know i've been with a girl my age for a good long while now(I never said i was exclusively attracted to younger girls), and i definitely think there are some things a guy should be doing if he genuinely cares.
    gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    Originally posted by HTS I'm basically with you 100% on this, down to the jokingly referring to myself as a radical centrist chad. But this viewpoint is invariably met with "PICK A SIDE YOU FENCE SITTING CUCK YOU'RE A PUSSY FOR NOT HAVING STRONGLY HELD CONVICTIONS ABOUT THINGS AND YOU'RE JUST AS EVIL AS [OPPOSITE PERSPECTIVE OF SPEAKER]". If you don't give enough of a shit to hate people, people will hate you for it. It's ridiculous!

Ok yeah it sounds like we're in the exact same boat.

With time, it becomes less and less impactful. At least, it gradually has for me.

But if you are feeling just constantly bombarded by the unrelenting pundits and critics, it may actually indicate a problem truly situated with others.

While I don't mind a bit of dissenting opinion, I know that if I sat in at, like, a KKK rally... Or somehow managed to get my cishet white male ass into one of those neo-millenial safe spaces, I know I'd start to lose it eventually.

If you find a lot of this kind of criticism comes from people on NiS in particular, the only thing I can recommend is just cutting down on NiS time. And the same could be applied to just about anything (replace NiS with X, or X with Y, etc).
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by Sophie Thank you for sharing your personal mentality and attitude towards this.

I appreciate that, 'though I gotta say I mostly typed it for my own benefit after I got rolling. It helps me figure out why I am this way a little bit more each time I post about it. Or something.

Originally posted by Sophie My point was really more to say that a real man, a good man takes care of the ones he loves. It doesn't matter if the significant other is trans or not, that's really not what i'm going after. I just feel that if he really loves you he should want to take care of you. And i don't mean like treating you as if you're a princess, but trying to build towards something greater for the both of you.

I get that, I just didn't really know how to address it. Our relationship is weird. Also I'd feel bad if he was going out and doing stuff he didn't enjoy just for my sake, you know? Like I understand that urge to want to make life good for you and your loved ones, but like... at what cost? I'd prefer we both had fairly stagnant and relatively stable lives to an alternative where scron is out there suffering through shit he doesn't really want to do to accomplish some kind of loftier goal even if it was for our benefit in the long run. More money, more resources would be nice and it'd definitely be a requirement if we were ever to have a family of our own, but it's not the kinda thing I'd want him to feel pressured into doing for any reason? I guess? I dunno.
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by gadzooks Ok yeah it sounds like we're in the exact same boat.

With time, it becomes less and less impactful. At least, it gradually has for me.

But if you are feeling just constantly bombarded by the unrelenting pundits and critics, it may actually indicate a problem truly situated with others.

While I don't mind a bit of dissenting opinion, I know that if I sat in at, like, a KKK rally… Or somehow managed to get my cishet white male ass into one of those neo-snake person safe spaces, I know I'd start to lose it eventually.

If you find a lot of this kind of criticism comes from people on NiS in particular, the only thing I can recommend is just cutting down on NiS time. And the same could be applied to just about anything (replace NiS with X, or X with Y, etc).

Honestly it's totally just the environments online I find myself in. Not so much NiS though, weirdly enough. I mean I certainly get a lot of shit here sometimes, but like... shit, even some of the folks who legitimately think trannies are fucking weird and degenerate and a plague on society manage to be friendly with me for the most part. It's mostly Facebook groups (those safe spaces you mentioned) and /pol/ which serve to remind me of how much real hate and anger people have towards those who show open mindedness toward the "wrong ideas". Easy enough to avoid as you said, but the general phenomenon is what I take issue with I guess. Centrists are truly the most persecuted against minority.
    WellHung Black Hole
    Originally posted by HTS I'm basically with you 100% on this, down to the jokingly referring to myself as a radical centrist chad. But this viewpoint is invariably met with "PICK A SIDE YOU FENCE SITTING CUCK YOU'RE A PUSSY FOR NOT HAVING STRONGLY HELD CONVICTIONS ABOUT THINGS AND YOU'RE JUST AS EVIL AS [OPPOSITE PERSPECTIVE OF SPEAKER]". If you don't give enough of a shit to hate people, people will hate you for it. It's ridiculous!

i won't.
    Nil African Astronaut [the overexcited four-footed chanar]
    eh, to live is to value, to value is to take a stance.
    WellHung Black Hole
    True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.

-Socrates
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by Nil eh, to live is to value, to value is to take a stance.

What if I value impartiality and taking as few unnecessary stances as possible though? 🤔🤔🤔🤔
    WellHung Black Hole
    I'm going to especially value getting my adderall script to morrow after 10 days of abstinence. NEW JACK CITY BABY!
    Technologist victim of incest
    Well if you didn’t take so many in the beginning, you wouldn’t run out. Take as prescribed and it won’t be so detrimental to your mind.
    Originally posted by HTS What if I value impartiality and taking as few unnecessary stances as possible though? 🤔🤔🤔🤔

ultimately nothing is necessary though, wheres the line drawn and why?

I like to think of the world like a collaborative art project, i don't really foaming at the mouth care about issues but if i can alter it to something more aesthetically pleasing i will. It's a book we're all writing.
    WellHung Black Hole
    Originally posted by Technologist Well if you didn’t take so many in the beginning, you wouldn’t run out. Take as prescribed and it won’t be so detrimental to your mind.

Once again, you assume wrong... Keep guessing, plz... ill let you know when you're correct. Why did I truly run out of my supply early, technologist?
    WellHung Black Hole
    Originally posted by Nil ultimately nothing is necessary though, wheres the line drawn and why?

I like to think of the world like a collaborative art project, i don't really foaming at the mouth care about issues but if i can alter it to something more aesthetically pleasing i will. It's a book we're all writing.

only aesthetically pleasing? All you care about is the outer beauty of things?
    Originally posted by WellHung only aesthetically pleasing? All you care about is the outer beauty of things?

more so that I regard value as a blackbox, "taste" being a pure value judgement without recourse to reason or justifications.
    All of humanity’s problems stem from man’s inability to sit quietly in a room alone.
Jump to Top