User Controls

I am ghosting my job interview

Ghost Black Hole
    I was gonna call and cancel but they have like 5 extensions to reach people and I forgot the dudes name

Hopefully my welfare comes today. They want to cut me off because they don't agree with my monastic lifestyle

WellHung Black Hole (banned)
    fuck it. Things happen for a reason lol
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    Just go to the fucking interview Ghost.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Ghost Black Hole
    If I had a vehicle or money i would go. 30 minutes by car or 1hr30 on bus and a 2km walk one way.
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    Originally posted by Ghost 1hr30 on bus and a 2km walk one way.

Go anyway.
    Ghost Black Hole
    I see no benefit to going
    Originally posted by Ghost I see no benefit to going

There's no benefit in not going.
    Technologist victim of incest
    Are you saying that they’re trying to stop your NEET bucks because you are “able bodied” to work? Go figure.
    Ghost Black Hole
    I can apply for better jobs and try to find out the status of my welfare check, and hopefully cash it before noon.

Originally posted by Technologist Are you saying that they’re trying to stop your NEET bucks because you are “able bodied” to work? Go figure.

It has nothing to do with being able bodied or not, they just think that I am not doing anything which isn't true, I ghost interviews all the time.
    Originally posted by Ghost I can apply for better jobs and try to find out the status of my welfare check, and hopefully cash it before noon.

HTS can do that.

It has nothing to do with being able bodied or not, they just think that I am not doing anything which isn't true, I ghost interviews all the time.

Are you socially anxious/agoraphobic? If you are getting dole you need to be looking for and available for work. It's called "employment insurance" for a reason.
    Ghost Black Hole
    I have generalized anxiety disorder and I'm bi polar and don't take any medication.

HTS is going to sleep soon because she was up all night arguing about the jedis or something. I am available for work, this is just the first place that called me and I have found so many better places that are higher paying and closer to where I live.
    Originally posted by Ghost I have generalized anxiety disorder and I'm bi polar and don't take any medication.

HTS is going to sleep soon because she was up all night arguing about the jedis or something. I am available for work, this is just the first place that called me and I have found so many better places that are higher paying and closer to where I live.

Big Pharma's meds For those conditions will likely just zombify you.. Frankly, I think you r prob better off just dealing with it holistically, or thru self-medication.
    Originally posted by WellHung Big Pharma's meds For those conditions will likely just zombify you.. Frankly, I think you r prob better off just dealing with it holistically, or thru self-medication.

He has anxiety cos he's a fuckin NEET and has too much time on his hands to obsess about shit, and he needs to deal with it by leaving the house.
    Grylls Cum Looking Faggot [abrade this vocal tread-softly]
    OP

you are a fucking pussy, get yourself outside and do something with your life

welfare faggot
    Ghost Black Hole
    Being bi polar and not taking meds is a wild ride. It's kind of like that tv show homeland.

That's why I used to get so crazy when I did meth and spammed the forum because I was manic.

Originally posted by Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country He has anxiety cos he's a fuckin NEET and has too much time on his hands to obsess about shit, and he needs to deal with it by leaving the house.

No, I was diagnosed when I had a full time job in 2014
    gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    Originally posted by Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Are you socially anxious/agoraphobic? If you are getting dole you need to be looking for and available for work. It's called "employment insurance" for a reason.

In Canada, employment insurance and welfare are two different things.

Actually, there are a lot of various different forms of subsistence during times of unemployment:
    1. Regular old "welfare" (I don't think they officially call it that around here, but, colloquially at least, everyone refers to it as such). I don't know exactly what it's at now, but it's definitely not a livable wage.
    2. PWD ("disability"), which is provided by the same Canadian governmental branch, the Ministry (of Social Development), but is much more reasonable (relatively speaking, that is). You basically need a "doctor's note" (rather, it's a lengthy, multi-page form, that needs to be filled out by a consenting physician).
    3. Employment insurance. This is an insurance payout that you pay for with each paycheck you get. When shit gets real, and you find yourself laid off, or fired (perhaps depending on the particular reasons for such termination), or quit (actually I don't think one would have a reasonable expectation of getting E.I. if they quit, generally speaking).

The first two are set monthly values, and the third is, I believe, variable depending on how much one earned at their previous job, and how long they were there, etc.

I have been on each of them at some point in my life, so, if anyone is curious as to any specifics about how they differ, AMA.
    Ghost Black Hole
    People tell me I can probably qualify for disability. My sanity is fleeting.

I have nothing against working I'm just an entitled millenial I guess.
    Originally posted by Ghost People tell me I can probably qualify for disability. My sanity is fleeting.

I have nothing against working I'm just an entitled millenial I guess.

You probably could.

And I wouldn't judge, myself.

I know what it's like to be kinda on the cusp of disability.

I do have some pretty debilitating (at times) mental health issues, but, in the greater scheme of things, I am pretty able-bodied, and (mostly) able-minded.

I see PWD as an emergency buffer that I'd much rather not be on, but, if a certified medical professional considers it debilitating enough, then it alleviates some of the guilt that I might feel at times.

On the other hand, the one thing that makes me feel a bit ashamed when I'm on PWD is that I have seen people with like... literally no legs, working menial jobs... or people undergoing chemotherapy, and still going into work.

I think the problem is just that regular old welfare should pay a more realistic wage - something people can ACTUALLY live on.
    Originally posted by Grylls OP

you are a fucking pussy, get yourself outside and do something with your life

welfare faggot

Easy for you to say now that you finally got a job. Didn't see you posting this type of thing when you were unemployed and here on nis all the time.👍
    Right now, I'm living on employment insurance.

It's a tad better paying, in my particular case at least, than PWD was...

But, I'm technically still "on" PWD. It's considered to be kind of a permanent thing, but you're allowed to work if you can manage to get it... They just start docking your PWD checks once you've reached a certain income threshold for the year.

So, if (and I'm hoping it doesn't come to it) I don't find a new job before the E.I. runs out (there's always a clock on E.I.), then I at least have PWD to go back on.

But I really would rather find employment (preferably in the same field I had just recently entered).
Jump to Top