User Controls

Before you enter this thread......It isn’t about gun control.

Technologist victim of incest
    It’s more about the human condition!

148 mass shootings in the US, so far this year. WTF? I haven’t even heard about over half of them. There was a time when one mass shooting sent shock waves across the country........now? it’s just another day, another massacre. How numb we have become?

What has happened? Why is this mostly unique to the states? I have some ideas, but how could a person rationalize this in their mind?

What can we do to stop this shit?

Again, not talking gun control.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    first, what constitutes a mass shooting? is it any shooting with more than 1 victim?
    I looked it up, and it seems no one can come to an agreement on the definition of mass shootings. It seems some believe it’s over 4 victims.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_shooting

Can’t say I know what constitutes a mass shooting, going by everything I read, but for the sake of the thread, my curiosity is about what makes a person do this? Why are we so numb?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mass_shootings_in_the_United_States_in_2019

I guess the definition varies according to who you ask.
    Speedy Parker Black Hole [my absentmindedly lachrymatory gazania]
    Originally posted by Technologist It’s more about the human condition!

148 mass shootings in the US, so far this year. WTF? I haven’t even heard about over half of them. There was a time when one mass shooting sent shock waves across the country……..now? it’s just another day, another massacre. How numb we have become?

What has happened? Why is this mostly unique to the states? I have some ideas, but how could a person rationalize this in their mind?

Define mass shooting. Or do you let CNN/MSNBC do that for you too?
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    Aren’t mass shootings mostly ghetto blacks shooting each other?

Which is not really a problem as far as most people are concerned.
    Nil African Astronaut [the overexcited four-footed chanar]
    niggas brains hit the cieeeeelin' thank god for drug deeeeealin'
    A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]
    its definitely black and jedis responsible smdh
    Dregs African Astronaut [that freakishly double-edged allmouth]
    if niggas would lay off the collared greens, watermelon, kfc, and ass fucking anything that moves most of this shit wouldn't ever go done. poor dieting and they EAT TOO MUCH MEAT. their morales are fucking DISGUSTING. if they led a pristine clean white life however with a decent diet, blue eyes blond hair, and no mental imbalances like most white folk there wouldn't be any massacres in the world.
    Originally posted by Speedy Parker Define mass shooting. Or do you let CNN/MSNBC do that for you too?

Can you read? See above speedy. I said I’ve researched it, and can’t find much of a consensus on this.

If you’re here just to insult me, find someone else to bother.

Guess the point of my thread has been lost. The point was to have a discussion on what makes people do this? Why are we so numb to it? How can it be stopped or at least hindered?
    Dregs African Astronaut [that freakishly double-edged allmouth]
    discuss it with your dog. dog's have a good view point on the human condition. some better than some humans. you might have to massage its cock first though. dog's can have emotional walls to break down. don't be rough with the cock. your dog will tell you everything you want to know on this subject and more. trust me
    GGG victim of incest [my veinlike two-fold aepyornidae]
    Originally posted by Technologist It’s more about the human condition!

148 mass shootings in the US, so far this year. WTF? I haven’t even heard about over half of them. There was a time when one mass shooting sent shock waves across the country……..now? it’s just another day, another massacre. How numb we have become?

The media started treating them like TV stars and now they can be martyrs in their own online communities. They can feel like heroes.
    Originally posted by GGG The media started treating them like TV stars and now they can be martyrs in their own online communities. They can feel like heroes.

I honestly hadn’t thought about this aspect. So true.

It’s amazing how much media influences us.
    Originally posted by GGG The media started treating them like TV stars and now they can be martyrs in their own online communities. They can feel like heroes.

this is kind of what I was getting at - 'mass shootings' says nothing of the shooter's motivation. how many are 'glory hounds' that are looking for this kind of recognition?
    Mental health is a big factor. I think you have to have a screw loose to wanna go slaughter people.
    Originally posted by Technologist Mental health is a big factor. I think you have to have a screw loose to wanna go slaughter people.

I feel like that's a copout too - of course mental health is an issue, but most types of mental illness don't make you any more violent than an average person. Will clarify a bit later
    GGG victim of incest [my veinlike two-fold aepyornidae]
    Originally posted by aldra this is kind of what I was getting at - 'mass shootings' says nothing of the shooter's motivation. how many are 'glory hounds' that are looking for this kind of recognition?

Tbh what other reason is there? Killing even 500 people won't make a dent in the real problem and they know it. The only purpose is fear and martyrdom.

I guess you could be like this dude and have a brain tumor tho

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Whitman
    Originally posted by aldra I feel like that's a copout too - of course mental health is an issue, but most types of mental illness don't make you any more violent than an average person. Will clarify a bit later

100% agree. But there’s different levels of nuts. There’s slightly nuts like me, then there’s “chock full of nuts”! Many people are on psychotropic medication, but that doesn’t make them mass murderers.

These people seem to cut themselves off from society, then immerse themselves in imagery and the written word that makes them sink into depravity.
    Autism, anger, lack of emotional control
    Originally posted by DietYellow Autism

Nahhhhh!

anger, lack of emotional control

Yup.
Jump to Top