User Controls

I hate the flow of time / nostalgia thread

HikikomoriYume0 African Astronaut
    Before it became the service to the masses and everyone and their pet were on the net.
    Today people think of things like 4chan being mainstream but that blows my fucking mind.
    Just yesterday I was a weirdo for spending so much time on the internet, now internet addiction is a national epedemic .. one of my former therapists laughed at me when I said I wanted to join an internet addiction support group and said there was no such thing, that was in 2008.
    Using something like twitter apparently makes you a normie now but it was just yesterday that services like that were only used by "IT" type people.
    I just recently started paying attention to society and the outside world and talking to people like you all here and I'm coming from the perspective of someone browsing the web circa 2005, the entire attitude has changed.
    I am literally seeing people openly declare desktops to be obsolete ...

I have a plan to build up a huge repository of media from the early 20th century up to the year 2007 and then completely block out the outside world.
    I'll come back out of my bunker in 10 to 15 years to see how much things have changed, but then I'll retreat to my sanctuary that is a reflection of the 90s and 00s decades.
    This is inspired by blast from the past.
    It cheers me up to see other people out there like me who refuse to go along with the flow of society, people who found a particular point in time that made them the happiest and choose to stay there for good

also lol @ the normals thinking this is a "challenge"

This lifestyle makes me feel euphoric

I am seriously saddened that everything I loved about the world, the essence of the years 2000 - 2006 is forever gone and everyone has changed.
    I will never be able to see Merzbow live as a 15 year old, or enter EB games ever again ... or step into Vibes records in Broad Ripple Indiana and buy the latest album of the 00s ...
    Anything that could happen in that decade did and now it has come and gone ....
    I can't even walk into Best Buy and buy a new CRT TV anymore ... and goddamn video games have gone to shit ... and to make matters worse in two more decades physical games media will probably be completely phased out ... all stores will.
    Gone are magazines too ...
    Never again will I get to walk into spencers gifts as a 12 year old and feel edgy and rebellious for walking to the back where all the adult sex toys were.

My mom will probably be dead in 20 years which means I'll have to actually kill myself or live on the streets.

you know ... fuck it ... I want to die ... I'm ready to die ... I'm over this.
    If I had a peaceful means to end my life right now I would go for it.
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    Originally posted by HikikomoriYume0 Before it became the service to the masses and everyone and their pet were on the net.
    Today people think of things like 4chan being mainstream but that blows my fucking mind.
    Just yesterday I was a weirdo for spending so much time on the internet, now internet addiction is a national epedemic .. one of my former therapists laughed at me when I said I wanted to join an internet addiction support group and said there was no such thing, that was in 2008.
    Using something like twitter apparently makes you a normie now but it was just yesterday that services like that were only used by "IT" type people.
    I just recently started paying attention to society and the outside world and talking to people like you all here and I'm coming from the perspective of someone browsing the web circa 2005, the entire attitude has changed.
    I am literally seeing people openly declare desktops to be obsolete …

I have a plan to build up a huge repository of media from the early 20th century up to the year 2007 and then completely block out the outside world.
    I'll come back out of my bunker in 10 to 15 years to see how much things have changed, but then I'll retreat to my sanctuary that is a reflection of the 90s and 00s decades.
    This is inspired by blast from the past.
    It cheers me up to see other people out there like me who refuse to go along with the flow of society, people who found a particular point in time that made them the happiest and choose to stay there for good

also lol @ the normals thinking this is a "challenge"

This lifestyle makes me feel euphoric

I am seriously saddened that everything I loved about the world, the essence of the years 2000 - 2006 is forever gone and everyone has changed.
    I will never be able to see Merzbow live as a 15 year old, or enter EB games ever again … or step into Vibes records in Broad Ripple Indiana and buy the latest album of the 00s …
    Anything that could happen in that decade did and now it has come and gone ….
    I can't even walk into Best Buy and buy a new CRT TV anymore … and goddamn video games have gone to shit … and to make matters worse in two more decades physical games media will probably be completely phased out … all stores will.
    Gone are magazines too …
    Never again will I get to walk into spencers gifts as a 12 year old and feel edgy and rebellious for walking to the back where all the adult sex toys were.

My mom will probably be dead in 20 years which means I'll have to actually kill myself or live on the streets.

you know … fuck it … I want to die … I'm ready to die … I'm over this.

you probably didn't even go to shows when you were 15 anyways
    Originally posted by Bill Krozby you probably didn't even go to shows when you were 15 anyways

I didn't have any source of income and besides I didn't go outside.
    But if I could go back in time I would have my mom take me to see Merzbow, NIN, Skinny Puppy etc
    I went to see NIN with my mom in 2008, right in my hometown, it was nice.

even though I was a hikikomori then too it was still nice knowing I was in the world I knew and loved.
    My musical heroes and bands I listened to were the adults, now at this moment I'm older than they were back then ... and that's just fucked the fucked up.

I might livestream myself walking into the middle of a busy highway and blow myself up with explosives
    Nil African Astronaut [the overexcited four-footed chanar]
    Originally posted by HikikomoriYume0 My mom will probably be dead in 20 years which means I'll have to actually kill myself or live on the streets.

you know … fuck it … I want to die … I'm ready to die … I'm over this.

lol
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by HikikomoriYume0 I didn't have any source of income and besides I didn't go outside.
    But if I could go back in time I would have my mom take me to see Merzbow, NIN, Skinny Puppy etc
    I went to see NIN with my mom in 2008, right in my hometown, it was nice.

even though I was a hikikomori then too it was still nice knowing I was in the world I knew and loved.
    My musical heroes and bands I listened to were the adults, now at this moment I'm older than they were back then … and that's just fucked the fucked up.

I might livestream myself walking into the middle of a busy highway and blow myself up with explosives

When I was 15 my best friend and I went to our first show. Einstuerzende Neubauten. My friends dad took us, it was cringey or anything because he was into music like that too and we just ran off and hung out with some other kids from school, its where I got my first kiss and a number... from a girl!

If you are a hiki and don't leave your room how would going back in time let you accomplish this anyways lmao
    HOW EMBARRASSING!

Originally posted by Bill Krozby When I was 15 my best friend and I went to our first show. Einstuerzende Neubauten. My friends dad took us, it was cringey or anything because he was into music like that too and we just ran off and hung out with some other kids from school, its where I got my first kiss and a number… from a girl!

If you are a hiki and don't leave your room how would going back in time let you accomplish this anyways lmao

I have Haus Der Luge on vinyl
    Originally posted by HikikomoriYume0 I have Haus Der Luge on vinyl

thats coo
Jump to Top