User Controls

I miss forum signatures

Ghost Black Hole
    I would submit a pull but nobody would care.

The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    CASPER Soldier of Fourchin
    hot dog saucelol

it would take a solid $500 to make Bill Krozby dogs a reality. all hed need is a pushcart and a bell.
    Ghost Black Hole
    this is a good sig

HikikomoriYume0 African Astronaut
    Rikku is one of my waifus
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    that just makes me want to watch totoro
    Then maybe you should get a hobby or something.
    Ghost Black Hole
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Then maybe you should get a hobby or something.

i do, making art
    Dregs African Astronaut [that freakishly double-edged allmouth]
    i shit out art. sadly it has to get flushed every time for me to share it all with you.
    SPLAT Houston
    -
    Ghost Black Hole
    Originally posted by SPLAT Me too. Make a pull request.

The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Helladamnleet African Astronaut [impartially tyrannize that lentinus]
    Originally posted by CASPER hot dog saucelol

it would take a solid $500 to make Bill Krozby dogs a reality. all hed need is a pushcart and a bell.

And a vendor's license, no?

Originally posted by Ghost I would submit a pull but nobody would care.

Now you're getting it. Lanny doesn't give a shit.
    Ghost Black Hole
    make that sig a banner
    Originally posted by Helladamnleet And a vendor's license, no?

Yeah i think that should still be around $500. Like $150 for a cart and $250-400 for the health dept cert for food handling/ perishable/ no raw meat.

I had to look up this stuff when i was debating whether to open up a Texas style BBQ stand at the Venice Farmers Market.

Im not necessarily a great cook, but my smoked brisket sandwich with onion and pickle on a roll...is legit as fuuuuk. Its so easy to do, and yet theres ZERO legit BBQ in my area. Its all niggerfied chewy ribs that taste like theyve been boiled and then dunked in spicy ketchup. NOT BBQ.
    Dregs African Astronaut [that freakishly double-edged allmouth]
    Originally posted by Ghost make that sig a banner

signed.
    Ghost Black Hole
    He would need a decent investment because it was supposed to be a food truck and those are thousands of dollars
    Originally posted by CASPER Yeah i think that should still be around $500. Like $150 for a cart and $250-400 for the health dept cert for food handling/ perishable/ no raw meat.

I had to look up this stuff when i was debating whether to open up a Texas style BBQ stand at the Venice Farmers Market.

Im not necessarily a great cook, but my smoked brisket sandwich with onion and pickle on a roll…is legit as fuuuuk. Its so easy to do, and yet theres ZERO legit BBQ in my area. Its all niggerfied chewy ribs that taste like theyve been boiled and then dunked in spicy ketchup. NOT BBQ.

I just looked it up and the cart alone is $500. He then needs a license from the Austin Public Health department, as well as a Texas tax ID number which will run another $500+, then he needs at the very least a couple chest freezers to store meat, plus commercial fridges for condiments and toppings, and most likely would want an account with a local bakery so he can always have fresh buns. He would also have to register his route with the Public Health department and stick to that route, which means he better do some real good market research or risk picking a bad route.

There's a lot more to it than buy a cart and start selling hot dogs. It's not a bad idea, Bill Krozby just lacks the ambition and resources to really do it because it's actually a fuck load more work than it looks. He's looking at a good $3000 startup, plus he's going to probably want at least $3000 in the bank because that shit isn't going to be instant profit. It's going to take at least a year to even make the initial investment back.
    Ghost Black Hole
    It would be worth it if you had the capital. I'm wondering how much the employees get paid though if they make $100,000 a year in gross profit. You probably only need like 3 people but if each of those are full time and make $20,000 a year that can add up.

"According to the responses to our survey, over 85% of full-time food trucks generate over $100,000 in annual gross revenue. Over half of the vendors that responded sold $150,000 or more from their mobile food units last year. According to this report from USAToday.com, the average annual household income for families in the United States was $64,819 in 2014. When you compare the anticipated income for a food truck owner versus the “average” American, the gross income numbers look pretty good."
    No reason he couldnt be a one-man operation.

Oh damn....imagine a spicy polish dog covered in mustard WITH some of my chipped bbq brisket piled on top.
    Originally posted by Ghost It would be worth it if you had the capital. I'm wondering how much the employees get paid though if they make $100,000 a year in gross profit. You probably only need like 3 people but if each of those are full time and make $20,000 a year that can add up.

"According to the responses to our survey, over 85% of full-time food trucks generate over $100,000 in annual gross revenue. Over half of the vendors that responded sold $150,000 or more from their mobile food units last year. According to this report from USAToday.com, the average annual household income for families in the United States was $64,819 in 2014. When you compare the anticipated income for a food truck owner versus the “average” American, the gross income numbers look pretty good."

He's not hiring 3 people only making $100,000/year gross.

That's $60,000 in wages, overhead, workman compensation insurance, unemployment, et cetera, and if we're talking vans that's insurance, registration, and DOT certification since that equipment is going to push you over the 8,000 pound GVWR

Oh, and if he's banking on rush hours he's going to probably want two people per truck so there's one person making the food and one person taking orders otherwise he'll be lucky to make $50/hr per truck over a 6 hour period since there's set-up and clean-up daily unless he's going to pay overtime to take care of prep and such.

Originally posted by CASPER No reason he couldnt be a one-man operation.

Oh damn….imagine a spicy polish dog covered in mustard WITH some of my chipped bbq brisket piled on top.

He would basically have to be a one man operation.
    Ghost Black Hole
    I would work for free William bill Bill Krozbyby dogs. I wanna try the mal with some whimpers on the side
Jump to Top