User Controls

I need a fucking change.

It's just the same old shit over and over again.
    yeah man. When everything starts to suck change everything in your life and gain new experience. Build it up, tear it down.
    Malice Naturally Camouflaged
    There is nothing new under the sun: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ecclesiastes+1

History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme; don't expect anything genuinely exciting, it's the fundamentals of human nature you need to understand to fully comprehend this. Someone like Lanny may bring up gay marriage, religion, and a host of other things that have changed, but this is shallow in my eyes. How much time did it take? And it only goes so far. It's churn; there can be, and clearly have been, vast increases in other forms of stupidity to counterbalance it (I'm not saying that some sort of "balance" is required or that the word necessarily has some objective meaning.) that can be incredibly destructive.

The best things there will be are developments in VR, and to some extent antidepressants, if you need to be distracted and have life made bearable enough to maximize your chances of making it to the endpoint.
    Malice, I think your view is very shallow and also pretty egotistical as your point of view on the state of the world was neither requested nor was it desired.

This said, I do appreciate you taking the time out of your day to tell us about your opinions but I have to disagree. There aren't "vast increases in other forms of stupidity" and if you believe that you are seeing the world through the short sighted blinders of the media. We are living in one of the best times of human history post-agriculture. (I very much envy the nomad hunter lifestyle.)

People know more than they ever did. Information is everywhere. People are more tolerant than they've ever been, racism is frowned upon, fundementalist religions and its believers (which are the real problem) are on a slope downwards. Technology and medicine are advancing at an exponential rate to the point I am constantly feeling we are living in the future already. I mean fuck, VR? How long before our phones can project holograms? We created recently that stingray thing made of genetically altered rat muscle, I mean holy fuck, is that alive? Did we create life? If not, we're certainly on the verge of it. We've left not only the planet within the last century, but the solar system.

Sure, the world is fucked up in lots of ways but if you can't see the beauty and awe in it too then I feel sorry for you. This planet is really a very great place. I'm happy to be alive in it today. Maybe I won't be tomorrow, maybe I won't be alive but I'll still be happy. Who knows? I don't.

It is at this point I refer you all to the first sentence of my post.
Jump to Top