User Controls

The Philosophy of Alan Watts

Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Octavian motherfucker
    I listened to him for a good half hour a few weeks back and still didn't know what the fuck he was talking about.

Schaupenhauer is far better.
    Originally posted by Octavian I listened to him for a good half hour a few weeks back and still didn't know what the fuck he was talking about.

Schaupenhauer is far better.

The above video explains his philosophy very clearly if you were still wondering what the fuck he was talking about.
    Octavian motherfucker
    Originally posted by Obbe The above video explains his philosophy very clearly if you were still wondering what the fuck he was talking about.

Sartre is good too.
    Originally posted by Octavian Sartre is good too.

I didn't ask which philosophers you think are good.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Octavian motherfucker
    Originally posted by Obbe I didn't ask which philosophers you think are good.

Yeah well I'm telling you Alan Watts is fucking shit. Just cause some middle class faggot touched some nip's penis halfway across the world doesn't mean everyone has to swallow his zen bollocks.
    Originally posted by Octavian Yeah well I'm telling you Alan Watts is fucking shit. Just cause some middle class faggot touched some nip's penis halfway across the world doesn't mean everyone has to swallow his zen bollocks.

How can you know he's fucking shit if you listened to him for half an hour and couldn't even figure out what the fuck he was talking about?
    Octavian motherfucker
    Originally posted by Obbe How can you know he's fucking shit if you listened to him for half an hour and couldn't even figure out what the fuck he was talking about?

Exactly. Non sensical rantings of some asshole alcoholic.
    Originally posted by Octavian Exactly. Non sensical rantings of some asshole alcoholic.

The above video you didn't watch explains his philosophy in a very clear way. His ramblings always made sense to me. His lectures are much more "fun" and captivating than the boring writings of philosophers like Schaupenhauer or Sarte.
    Octavian motherfucker
    Originally posted by Obbe The above video you didn't watch explains his philosophy in a very clear way. His ramblings always made sense to me. His lectures are much more "fun" and captivating than the boring writings of philosophers like Schaupenhauer or Sarte.

I'll watch it in a last ditch attempt at Watt's redemption.
    Originally posted by Octavian I'll watch it in a last ditch attempt at Watt's redemption.

I don't care if you like Alan Watts or not. Seems a little dramatic to describe watching this video as a "last ditch" attempt at "redeeming" an alcoholic asshole. But if you are curious and want to understand what the fuck he was talking about when you tried watching him before, this video will probably clear up anything you didn't understand.
    Octavian motherfucker
    "Originially from what is now SE London"

No m8 that's always been, SE London. 😂

Yeah yeah he has a point but nothing I haven't already heard by other philosphers.

We're slaves to other people's perceptions and driven by material wealth and self obsession which only isolates us further. It's actually funny cause Scahupenhauer actually said the one true beings who are most content were infact Buddhist monks who are albeit isolated, not driven by the very things that rule our lives.
    It is very difficult to break out of that cage. But I like how this video concludes by making the point that whatever philosophy or ideology you agree with you're probably wrong at least in part, and suggests that maybe we should enjoy the absurdity for what it is instead of taking it too seriously.
    snab_snib African Astronaut
    who gives a fuck
    Originally posted by Obbe It is very difficult to break out of that cage. But I like how this video concludes by making the point that whatever philosophy or ideology you agree with you're probably wrong at least in part, and suggests that maybe we should enjoy the absurdity for what it is instead of taking it too seriously.

oh he sounds like a fucking faggot
    Originally posted by snab_snib oh he sounds like a fucking faggot

Fits right in with this forum then.
    thats for sure
Jump to Top