User Controls

Syria Retarded Thread

aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Carried on from here.

Originally posted by Octavian Explain how some those weapons were manufactured in the US? As were a lot of weapons used in Yemen, not only by the US but the UK as well.

I'm not sure what you mean. Which weapons? Syria and Yemen are two different cases - Syria's civil war was orchestrated by the US as a standard 'color revolution' where they stirred up unrest then flooded the country with foreign Jihadis (to the point where something like 80% of the 'rebels' were foreigners at the height of it). Yemen is a direct military action where KSA is trying (and failing lul) to force Yemen to accept their puppet.

Originally posted by Octavian Yes, part of Russia being in Syria was helping fight ISIS but they couldn't help not wanting to fight the US even by proxy.

The entire point of Russia entering the war was to help the legitimate government avoid a complete state collapse. It just so happened that the parties creating the conditions for said collapse were ALL being supported by the US, israel, Turkey and the Gulf States to varying degrees.

Originally posted by Sudo What disinformation was spread about the Kurdish people? It seems Turkey would demonize (the PKK actually does carry out terroristy stuff) and the US would paint pictures of democratic, almost white, gender equal capitalist secularists that turned out to be almost completely ineffectual when it came to actually fighting a war. The SDF is/was a hodgepodge of groups from all kinds of backgrounds, some as extreme as Jabat al whatever.

Last information I got from people on the ground (~2 years ago) was that the SDF was ~75% YPG, which is literally the same organisation as the PKK. They don't enjoy much local support as far as I know, even among the Kurds - they're known for a lot of shady shit like pressing locals into military service and using them as cannon fodder, not paying for supplies etc. It's been a while since I've been able to get a close look though.

Originally posted by Sudo I think the propaganda about the white helmets being state actors is kinda sickening. Maybe you wear a white helmet in a warzone and people don't shoot at you because they think you're helping people and aren't a threat. Maybe some people will wear white helmets to do shitty things but trying to discredit the only people being objective in saving lives in that shithole does a disservice to humanity.

It's not propaganda lol. They're funded by the UK to the tune of millions of pounds (the US won't disclose figures), they're trained in Turkey and when they won the award for their movie the leader was not allowed to enter the US and collect his award because he's literally a sanctioned terrorist. Their membership draws almost exclusively from Al-Nusra factions and they've literally been videotaped fighting on the front lines with the headchoppers.

I actually wrote a thread about them before: https://niggasin.space/thread/8043

Which reminds me of a story - the video included as a link in the second post is from a BBC4 documentary; it shows a man in White Helmets uniform fighting with Al-Zinki foot soldiers. Once people picked up on it, the documentary was pulled from BBC. The reporter that ran that documentary embedded with Al-Zinki again a few weeks later, and they intentionally led him into a fire zone without press markings apparently in an attempt to get him killed.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Sudo Black Hole [my hereto riemannian peach]
    Originally posted by aldra It's not propaganda lol. They're funded by the UK to the tune of millions of pounds (the US won't disclose figures), they're trained in Turkey and when they won the award for their movie the leader was not allowed to enter the US and collect his award because he's literally a sanctioned terrorist. Their membership draws almost exclusively from Al-Nusra factions and they've literally been videotaped fighting on the front lines with the headchoppers.

I actually wrote a thread about them before: https://niggasin.space/thread/8043

Which reminds me of a story - the video included as a link in the second post is from a BBC4 documentary; it shows a man in White Helmets uniform fighting with Al-Zinki foot soldiers. Once people picked up on it, the documentary was pulled from BBC. The reporter that ran that documentary embedded with Al-Zinki again a few weeks later, and they intentionally led him into a fire zone without press markings apparently in an attempt to get him killed.

Wow, I find it hard to believe their membership is mostly from Al nusra although that would explain the Idlib hospital bombings. Syria seems like Trump; everything that touches it turns into a shitty person. I still think they've done more good than evil but the story still needs to be told.
    I dunno, I'm sure there were people in rebel areas who helped dig people out of rubble and the like but even before digging into it the White Helmets seemed like more of a media organisation than anything else. Even just the obscene amount of funding and the fact they tried to call themselves 'Syrian Civil Defence' (there's already a Syrian Civil Defence organisation, has been since like 1940) for legitimacy makes them seem ultra shady.

Semi-unrelated: the official reason given for the government attacks on hospitals early on in the war was that the rebels would shut down hospitals and use them as command posts because 1. Most of the doctors had already fled and 2. They're much more structurally sound than other nearby buildings. Take it or leave it, but I'd never seen the explanation in the mainstream media.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by aldra I dunno, I'm sure there were people in rebel areas who helped dig people out of rubble and the like but even before digging into it the White Helmets seemed like more of a media organisation than anything else. Even just the obscene amount of funding and the fact they tried to call themselves 'Syrian Civil Defence' (there's already a Syrian Civil Defence organisation, has been since like 1940) for legitimacy makes them seem ultra shady.

Semi-unrelated: the official reason given for the government attacks on hospitals early on in the war was that the rebels would shut down hospitals and use them as command posts because 1. Most of the doctors had already fled and 2. They're much more structurally sound than other nearby buildings. Take it or leave it, but I'd never seen the explanation in the mainstream media.

The white helmets have done some good work in Aleppo and the suburbs of Damascus, now that I think of it, acting a little bit obstructionist in places the government is sure to win. It's a trade off in a way it seems every actor has a motivation for doing what they do. Anyone who stayed behind in Syria is pushing an agenda that isn't altruistic.

Which brings me to the question of how do you feel about Syrian immigrants? I've encountered many locally and have nothing but good to say about them. Many have been fleeced by the local Arabs who are much more cunning and astute and managed to get free work out of them. Many have opened small businesses already and most keep to themselves. The worst I can say is there are two low rent high rise apartment buildings in an impoverished urban area I would go see someone in. The lobby (previously filled with junkies, "urban youths" and scitzophrenics was now filled with about 20-30 syrians and their children at all hours of the night, making the local crackhead population uncomfortable. It would also be uncomfortable to be a young woman walking through but that's sort of a trade off.

I also told a polish girl yesterday that white people have disowned poles and Aussies and they're sub-slavic. She looked like she was about to cry but then literally wanted to netflix and chill.

The point is, how bad really is some refugees showing up in an urban center and trying to make their lives better? They're not a burden and by all accounts increase the skillset of the populace, pay taxes and contribute to economic growth. The complete opposite happened here when the Kosovars and Albanians moved in.

It just seems really cucky to care about some foreign people coming to your city. Unchecked immigration is obviously bad but we could do a LOT worse than Syrians. Chinese migration is infinitely worse for domestic policy from any objective source
    also, if the chemical attack in Douma was staged why did the rebels immediately surrender?
    WellHung Black Hole
    Damn. This is intense. How the hell did you guys accumulate so much knowledge on this particular subject?
    Originally posted by WellHung Damn. This is intense. How the hell did you guys accumulate so much knowledge on this particular subject?

@ totse we traded lives for knowledges.
    Octavian motherfucker
    I love how Assad's industrial genocide of prisoners has been swept under the mat. I read about some prison that was dragging prisoners from their cells and sentencing them to death within seconds. Some of these prisoners had been peaceful protesters in prelude to the war.

What is fascinating is just how much power a minority sect like Alawites can have over others like Sunnis & Shias without being overthrown.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Originally posted by Octavian I love how Assad's industrial genocide of prisoners has been swept under the mat. I read about some prison that was dragging prisoners from their cells and sentencing them to death within seconds. Some of these prisoners had been peaceful protesters in prelude to the war.

Sounds like bullshit to me.
    Originally posted by Octavian I love how Assad's industrial genocide of prisoners has been swept under the mat. I read about some prison that was dragging prisoners from their cells and sentencing them to death within seconds.

Yeah, gonna need to see some actual evidence of that. If anything people were criticising Assad for releasing all those Al-Nusra prisoners at the beginning of the war
    Originally posted by Sudo also, if the chemical attack in Douma was staged why did the rebels immediately surrender?

Not sure about Douma specifically (it was a while ago), but typically when the SAA retook regions the rebels got the option of green bus, jail or cemetery. A lot of them were fairly eager to surrender when they realised the fighting was hopeless in order to take the bus option.
    Originally posted by aldra Not sure about Douma specifically (it was a while ago), but typically when the SAA retook regions the rebels got the option of green bus, jail or cemetery. A lot of them were fairly eager to surrender when they realised the fighting was hopeless in order to take the bus option.

that sounds like a stupid offer.

what guarantees do they get that guarantees these surrenderers wont pick up arms and fight again ?
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny that sounds like a stupid offer.

what guarantees do they get that guarantees these surrenderers wont pick up arms and fight again ?

None, none at all. But at least the USA will be happy you saved them the money of buying new terrorists.
    Originally posted by Sophie None, none at all. But at least the USA will be happy you saved them the money of buying new terrorists.

create more jobs.
    larrylegend8383 Naturally Camouflaged
    Originally posted by WellHung Damn. This is intense. How the hell did you guys accumulate so much knowledge on this particular subject?

lol
    Octavian motherfucker
    Originally posted by Sophie Sounds like bullshit to me.

After seven years of war, more than 100,000 Syrian detainees remain unaccounted for. According to the United Nations and human rights groups, thousands, if not tens of thousands, are probably dead.

www.mercurynews.com/2018/12/23/syrias-once-teeming-prison-cells-being-emptied-by-mass-murder/amp/

👍👍👍
    Correlation does not equal causation.
    Octavian motherfucker
    Originally posted by Sophie Correlation does not equal causation.

Thousands of people don't just disappear like that. Not everything is a smear campaign by the US to use as a pretext to bomb/ invade. Assad, although weak, is governed by his subordinates and is non the wiser to some atrocities committed by them.
    Originally posted by Octavian Thousands of people don't just disappear like that. Not everything is a smear campaign by the US to use as a pretext to bomb/ invade. Assad, although weak, is governed by his subordinates and is non the wiser to some atrocities committed by them.

As true as that may be, just because 100k people are unaccounted for doesn't mean Assad genocided them.
    Octavian motherfucker
    Originally posted by Sophie As true as that may be, just because 100k people are unaccounted for doesn't mean Assad genocided them.

Oh of course not, a good percentage were most likely displaced by the war/ killed in cross fire/ air strikes, with the remainder brutally cleansed by ISIS.
Jump to Top