User Controls

Do you have a feeling like the Titanic sinking was supposed to happen?

Needledick Needledick Needledick motherfucker [mulishly down your brachydactylia]
    One time when I was on bundy I had this thought that it was an intended event to be a "metaphor of my life". Do you think almost all of us wouldn't have been born if it didn't sink?
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    There's a fairly well-supported theory that it wasn't the Titanic, it was the sister ship (the Olympic) that had been previously damaged and it was intentionally crashed as an insurance scam. It went wrong when they drifted off course though, and rescue ships weren't able to find the survivors in time.
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    Originally posted by aldra There's a fairly well-supported theory that it wasn't the Titanic, it was the sister ship (the Olympic) that had been previously damaged and it was intentionally crashed as an insurance scam. It went wrong when they drifted off course though, and rescue ships weren't able to find the survivors in time.

LMAO seriously? That'd be a lot of work.

I tihnk this is what I watched

the gist is that the Olympic was accidentally rammed by a naval ship, and the navy refused to pay for damages - the hull was twisted in such a way that it'd be cheaper to rebuild the ship rather than repair it, so they painted over the ship's tags and called it the Titanic with the goal of writing it off and claiming insurance (it would've been illegal for them to take the Olympic to sea in such a state).

In the video I saw (I think it's that one but not certain) they looked at old video footage of the Titanic, pointing out that the number of decks and windows and the like matched the Olympic's design spec, not the Titanic's
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Firekrochfatty African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country LMAO seriously? That'd be a lot of work.

i agree... insurance or no, that’s incredible planning & an uber costly scam/shiest to try and do- back in ‘that’ day. i’m going to say, no-way on the scam theory.
    Narc Naturally Camouflaged [connect my yokel-like scolytidae]

Firekrochfatty African Astronaut
    ^ ikr, Nark.

we all have coincidences tho. even me... i have 3 kids born on the same day, December 28 but different years. one was born 1983, one 10yrs to the day in 1993, and a year to the day after that in 1994... all of them natural births none medically induced. 😳😂
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Originally posted by aldra

I tihnk this is what I watched

the gist is that the Olympic was accidentally rammed by a naval ship, and the navy refused to pay for damages - the hull was twisted in such a way that it'd be cheaper to rebuild the ship rather than repair it, so they painted over the ship's tags and called it the Titanic with the goal of writing it off and claiming insurance (it would've been illegal for them to take the Olympic to sea in such a state).

In the video I saw (I think it's that one but not certain) they looked at old video footage of the Titanic, pointing out that the number of decks and windows and the like matched the Olympic's design spec, not the Titanic's

Weren't The Olympic, The Titanic, and The Britannic all sister ships though?
    I think they all sank, lol.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    True. It was the Olympic, not the Titanic. There's a mountain of evidence to prove it, but almost no one can be assed to research it, because it's much easier for them to just flap their ignorant gums and point fingers. They're just lazy, and that's why the crooks keep getting away with shit like this, because of the willful dummies.
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    Originally posted by aldra In the video I saw (I think it's that one but not certain) they looked at old video footage of the Titanic, pointing out that the number of decks and windows and the like matched the Olympic's design spec, not the Titanic's

That seems to be edited from a longer documentary.

TBH I don't really buy it. Too many people would notice they were on an old ship, same way you can tell a new building from an older one.

But then again I won't say it didn't happen, the Brits are sneaky jedi bastards and would pull off shenanigans like that on their day off, just to stay in practice.
    Originally posted by Firekrochfatty ^ ikr, Nark.

we all have coincidences tho. even me… i have 3 kids born on the same day, December 28 but different years. one was born 1983, one 10yrs to the day in 1993, and a year to the day after that in 1994… all of them natural births none medically induced. 😳😂

you do know valentines day is feb 28th, not march 28th right? just checking.

Originally posted by Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country That seems to be edited from a longer documentary.

TBH I don't really buy it. Too many people would notice they were on an old ship, same way you can tell a new building from an older one.

But then again I won't say it didn't happen, the Brits are sneaky jedi bastards and would pull off shenanigans like that on their day off, just to stay in practice.

I honestly haven't done much research into it, just thought it was interesting.

They were both completed the same year so it's not like one was heaps older than the other, and there was only a 10% difference in their weight so I suspect even people who'd been on both would be unlikely to be able to tell one from the other unless it was their job

Just popped up on my youtube
    Originally posted by Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country

Just popped up on my youtube

that's the same dude in the vid i posted in the gunfight fred about how many soldiers actually shoot to kill. he makes some good points.

Erekshun Naturally Camouflaged
    Who is holding that gun?
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    The reason behind people thinking that the ship is not really Titanic takes us back to the 20th September 1911 when the Olympic collided with the HMS Hawke just off the coast of the Isle of Wight.

This incident caused many problems for the ship's owners, White Star Line as this meant that it would have to be taken out of service while they repaired it but this also meant that the maiden voyage of Titanic had to be put back from the 20th March to the 10th April. This at the time was something that White Star Line could not afford to do as they had legal bills to pay and the cost of repairing the Olympic as well. This meant that they had to come up with a way to claim back not only the money that they would have missed out on due to Olympic not being in service (loss of revenue) but also the money they couldn’t claim back from the incident. So they came up with a plan…

…The plan was simple, switch Olympic with her sister ship Titanic and sink it to claim compensation. No one would know they had swapped the ships (except the people in charge: J.Bruce Ismay, Lord Pirrie, Thomas Andrews and J.P.Morgan) as if you looked at the ships when they were sitting beside each other you would not know which one was which unless you looked at the name plates on both ships.

As soon as the plan was set in motion they went about changing the Olympic to look exactly like it's sister ship by covering the floors with carpet as the Olympic has tile flooring and the passengers and crew who had been on Olympic then Titanic would have been able to see the footprints left by previous passengers. If they didn’t do this people would have wondered why this brand new ship that no one had been on was covered in footprints and stains from spilled drinks.

Other parts of the ship would have been changed as well for example taking out cabins on 'B’ Deck from the actual Titanic and replace them with the Olympics’ promenade to make the switch that all the more believable.

There is one thing that allows people to be tell the difference between the two ships are the portholes on the 'C' Deck.

When the Titanic was pictured while being built it had 14 evenly spaced portholes but when it left Southampton on doomed maiden voyage on April 10th 1912 it had 16 unevenly spaced portholes.

This is not the only piece of evidence that can be gathered to help back up this theory. There are also people who had built the Titanic back in the ship yard Harland and Wolff in Belfast that over the years had come out and said that the two ships were in fact swapped and if they told anyone, White Star Line told them it would basically be the last job that they ever did. So obviously they would have kept quiet but they didn't because the families of the people who built the ship know about the scam.

Paddy Fenton is someone who had told his fellow seamen that they were in fact switched.

A man in Australia, sent a letter to the Northern Star newspaper on July 31st 1996, which talks about a conversation his son had with Paddy. Here's an extract of that letter, "When the surviving crew got to port they were all taken aside and met by two men, one in a high position in the company, the other man was in a very high position in the Government. The Government man read the crew the “Official Secrets Act’ explaining that if they told of the real reason for the sinking, or the rumors of an insurance scam, they would serve a minimum of 20 years in jail and would never get a job when they got out."

J.P.Morgan was amongst many people who cancelled his trip at the last minute as he was of ill health. When in actual fact he had been spotted in France, two days later and appeared to be in perfectly well health. J. Bruce Ismay's wife Julia and their children also cancelled due to his wife's ill health before however they were spotted on a motoring holiday in Wales. J.P.Morgan also had seven valuable bronze statues removed one hour before the ship left Southampton. This situation leads many people to believe that they both knew what was about to happen with the ship on it's maiden voyage especially after J.P.Morgan had publically spoke out to the country and certified that he would definitely be aboard the ship.

And there's a more...

https://social.shorthand.com/TitanicMystery/jCPyIbzzPVc/did-the-titanic-really-sink-or-was-it-olympic
    Originally posted by Narc that's the same dude in the vid i posted in the gunfight fred about how many soldiers actually shoot to kill. he makes some good points.

i'm surprised he never mentioned jasper maskelyne in that last story

now that's some crazy shit

Originally posted by Narc that's the same dude in the vid i posted in the gunfight fred about how many soldiers actually shoot to kill. he makes some good points.

LindyBeige is dope.
    Originally posted by Sophie LindyBeige is dope.

yeah he reminds me of my old history teacher

Jump to Top