User Controls

What prevalence of the forum has ASPD?

Admin African Astronaut
    I do at least. But I have learned that I do have a conscience, it's just weak.

But yeah, ASPD runs thick in my blood.

How many of us suffer from this personality disorder?
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Who can know but the Gods?
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    I certainly am anti-social, but don't know if I regard it as a personality disorder.
    Nil African Astronaut [the overexcited four-footed chanar]
    I've never been psychiatrically assessed, I'm sure there's a few labels that could be applied. Hell just saying that you want to die if reported to the authorities should trigger a medical intervention here. I hold a low opinion of life but does that really mean I'm crazy?
    Admin African Astronaut
    I mean, some people are and some are not. But like, you eventually you know that you are.
    Common De-mominator African Astronaut
    AutiSm Pizza Delivery
    gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    100%.
    LOL, I read it as ASD at first (Autism Spectrum Disorder).

That being said, I stand by my 100%.

I think this site might just attract that statistically rare intersection of all ASPD and ASD individuals.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    AsSPoundingDisorder
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by aldra AsSPoundingDisorder

And that one.
    Ghost Black Hole
    I don't go outside unless I need to beg for Trianglism purposes
    WellHung Black Hole
    I have not been diagnosed as such. I'm extremely social when I wanna be. When I'm in the mood, I love chatting up people... especially randoms. I'm mentally ill in many ways but that's not one of them.
    Ghost Black Hole
    I also have GAD and don't take benzos for it, I think I have it under control. Being in large groups gives me panic attacks especially if it's indoors.

I dropped out of school because I would have panic attacks during class changes but I have no problem walking around a busy city like Toronto and pushing my way through crowds of people and telling homeless people that want a smoke to fuck off.
    i have POLYSUBSTANCE ABUSE DISORDER
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    WellHung Black Hole
    Originally posted by OG_GREENPLASTIC_JOHNSON_III i have POLYSUBSTANCE ABUSE DISORDER

Say it loud and proud my friend
    We'reAllBrownNosers African Astronaut
    Just because I could make the decision to push a button that gets most of you killed as collateral damage and not feel at all bad about it doesn't mean that I'm a psychopath. Psychopaths have no empathy. I just have a switch to turn mine on and off when I need to.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Originally posted by We'reAllBrownNosers Just because I could make the decision to push a button that gets most of you killed as collateral damage and not feel at all bad about it doesn't mean that I'm a psychopath. Psychopaths have no empathy. I just have a switch to turn mine on and off when I need to.

There's a misconception in how psychopath brains work. I read about a study recently where they MRI'd some psychopaths, had them look at some stuff that would stimulate empathy/sympathy in normal people. As you'd expect the parts of the brain related to empathy didn't light up, however, when these people were asked to try to feel empathy/sympathy and they were shown the images again, the parts of their brain normally associated with empathy and such did show activity.
    We'reAllBrownNosers African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Sophie There's a misconception in how psychopath brains work. I read about a study recently where they MRI'd some psychopaths, had them look at some stuff that would stimulate empathy/sympathy in normal people. As you'd expect the parts of the brain related to empathy didn't light up, however, when these people were asked to try to feel empathy/sympathy and they were shown the images again, the parts of their brain normally associated with empathy and such did show activity.

Sure, but when it did show activity, it would be very limited compared to most people. When they scanned my brain multiple times, everything turned out normal. Learning to control your emotions isn't easy. But it can be done and fine tuned.
    I can switch empathy on, and control how much I experience. It can be a lot, or none at all, or somewhere between.
    Admin African Astronaut
    Originally posted by WellHung I have not been diagnosed as such. I'm extremely social when I wanna be. When I'm in the mood, I love chatting up people… especially randoms. I'm mentally ill in many ways but that's not one of them.

ASPD doesn't mean that you don't socialize with others. It means that you're a badass mother fucker that doesn't give a shit about others.

I had chit-chat with dozens of cashiers this weekend while perfecting my abracadabra magic.
    Admin African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Sophie There's a misconception in how psychopath brains work. I read about a study recently where they MRI'd some psychopaths, had them look at some stuff that would stimulate empathy/sympathy in normal people. As you'd expect the parts of the brain related to empathy didn't light up, however, when these people were asked to try to feel empathy/sympathy and they were shown the images again, the parts of their brain normally associated with empathy and such did show activity.

Yes. Those types can turn it on and off.

I feel some but not much. This makes me a sociopath. Lucky me.
Jump to Top