User Controls

Deplatformed celebrities - Milo, Gavin, Alex Jones, Tommy Robbinson, etc

Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    For those uninitiated with the darker corners of the internet, Gab is an ~alternative~ social media sight based on "free speech." What that looks like in real life is a platform filled with bigotry and hate.

The shooter in the Pittsburgh synagogue shooting was a Gab user, and announced his intention to carry out his crime on Gab. In response, Gab's hosting company Joyent, domain provider GoDaddy, and payment processors PayPal and Stripe all revoked their services.
    https://mashable.com/article/deplatforming-alex-jones-2018/?europe=true

Why didn't they just make their own twitter?
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    , Gab's hosting company Joyent, domain provider GoDaddy, and payment processors PayPal and Stripe all revoked their services

That's why.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    They got more than deplatformed they got digitally de-personed.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Chase Bank has even been cancelling the accounts of people connected to the 'alt right'.
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    This “extra layer” puts Patreon in a difficult situation to either abandon free speech or lose the ability to process payments. That is also a major reason why so many free-speech alternatives fail: FreeStartr, Hatreon, MakerSupport, and SubscribeStar all offered a better option, but were quickly dumped by the credit card companies. All of them are shut out from doing business.
    https://persecutioninamerica.ch/the-terrifying-rise-of-financial-blacklisting/

Intedrasting
    Nil African Astronaut [the overexcited four-footed chanar]
    lel "hatreon"
    Number13 African Astronaut [dispute my snotty-nosed seagull]
    Wasn't Alex right about the frogs thing?
    Originally posted by Number13 Wasn't Alex right about the frogs thing?

Alex Jones is right about everything.
    Originally posted by Sophie That's why.

im not well versed in web services so i'll just ask -

is it not possible to pay by any other means like bank transfers ?
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Issues with payment processors has been a major blocker for many sorts of "fringe" activities. For a long time cannabis dispensaries here were either cash only or charged upward of 20% to process a card. In the crazy angry white dudes case it's kind of amusing that FIs are the second line, first the major "platforms" attempted to shut them down under the guise of run off the mill modern liberal moral outrage, and only when reorganization else started to gain just a bit of traction did financial infrastructure step up to stop them, an industry with more.... (((Obvious reasons for being hostile to this content))).

Not that I expect it to matter, but in the us at least we have a very different history of regulating and treating as public infrastructure financial services vs. internet corporations. It takes some wind out of the sails of the "the go build your own" argument when the people who are supposed to build their own are being locked out of access to the single most important thing for a successful venture in our society: capital.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Nil African Astronaut [the overexcited four-footed chanar]
    It would be nice to see crypto being used to support radical ideologues whatever their stance, than just being used for drugs.
    Octavian motherfucker
    Star Trek is shit and so is your name.

Change it…
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    Lol Steven chowder is now in their shit list and he's kinda base
    HTS highlight reel
    Ehy doesn't the alt-right make its own payment processors and web hosting companies? The same solution still applies lmao. 🤔
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    DAS KAPITAL
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    "No one will run backbone cable to my datacenter because I'm on the fascist-left's shit-list"

"why don't you make your own infrastructure company"

"At massive expense I laid my own cable but I've been null routed because critical routers are controlled by people who disagree with me and net neutrality is long since dead"

"why don't you start your own relays that hold to your ideology?"

"I've somehow managed to get transatlantic cable run and switches set up in like 30 locations in order to run my shitty conspiracy news/white nationalist site but ISPs are enhancementing my shit"

"why don't you start your own ISP?"

"I started my own ISP and basically created a second internet for my shitty unprofitable news site. Unfortunately in the process I accepted so much VC funding that I'm now legally forbidden from acknowledging the existence of jedis or mentioning infrastructural concerns, but at least the people can hear about the gay frogs and laugh. Take THAT new world order!"
    I say something like "lets just acknowledge that we lost", but we aren't even allowed to do that.

They want to keep the narrative going that we internet shitposters are oppressing the world, and they, with their billion dollar companies, skyscrapers, and phones full of politicians personal phone numbers, are the plucky and brave resistance against us.
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by Lanny "I started my own ISP and basically created a second internet for my shitty unprofitable news site. Unfortunately in the process I accepted so much VC funding that I'm now legally forbidden from acknowledging the existence of jedis or mentioning infrastructural concerns, but at least the people can hear about the gay frogs and laugh. Take THAT new world order!"

Why don't you just print your own money if you think you can't get it without those strings attached? 🤔🤔🤔
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by HTS Why don't you just print your own money if you think you can't get it without those strings attached? 🤔🤔🤔

lol, I don't think most people fancy getting assassinated in a 'botched raid' on behalf of the IRS
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by aldra lol, I don't think most people fancy getting assassinated in a 'botched raid' on behalf of the IRS

If you're worried about government agencies raiding you why don't you just make your own government? Whiny ass alt-right losers.
Jump to Top