User Controls

Anyone here play music?

kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    tried covering one rockies songs but i realized im pretty bad at singing. anyone else here sing / play an instrument? I play guitar and bass, im not an aficionado but Its still fun. When I eat opes and smoke weed and drink I'm on point I guess because im comfortable.

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1CEUlFUXn4J
    gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    I keep trying to learn the keyboard/piano.

I played the trumpet very briefly in grade 7 band, and also in the air cadets band.

But the key(board)s are where it's at for me.

It's hard to maintain the necessary motivation to practice consistently enough, though.

I have started learning about the mathematics that underlie music. At the end of the day, all chords and chord progressions follow mathematical formulae. I feel like if I get to understand it better that way, it'll help my ability to play the instrument directly.
    Helladamnleet African Astronaut [impartially tyrannize that lentinus]
    I can half ass play the piano and read sheet music. About once every year and a half I'll pick up the guitar and get just a little better, but I really need to get an acoustic because I usually just start getting frustrated with how much is involved with hooking up my electric guitar (I go through my PC so I can use FL Studio and whatnot)
    Originally posted by gadzooks I keep trying to learn the keyboard/piano.

I played the trumpet very briefly in grade 7 band, and also in the air cadets band.

It's hard to maintain the necessary motivation to practice consistently enough, though.

I have started learning about the mathematics that underlie music. At the end of the day, all chords and chord progressions follow mathematical formulae. I feel like if I get to understand it better that way, it'll help my ability to play the instrument directly.

yeah because i learned guitar I can kinda play piano as it relates to the fret board but I'm super slow at it, requires extra thought because its not my preferred medium. But yeah you're right about music theory.

I play by ear and learned thru tablature / playing with friends and going to shows. I could brush up on theory and I'm sure it would help me.

My little brother took guitar class in hs just because I did. I failed almost every music theory test while he passed all of them but he can't play the guitar at all. weird how it works like that.

I play a jazzmaster guitar and a schecter bass. I used to have an sg but it was stolen when my place was broken into while i was out of town seeing my daughter, felt really raped.
    Erekshun Naturally Camouflaged
    It's like Spanish to me. I had 4 years of it and can't speak a lick, except cuss words punta. That's probably not even right.
    Helladamnleet African Astronaut [impartially tyrannize that lentinus]
    Originally posted by gadzooks I keep trying to learn the keyboard/piano.

It's weird to me that keyboards don't have more available in terms of software teaching. What helped me a lot with guitar was Rocksmith, because it's little games and popular songs that scale to your skill level. I wish they had something like that for keyboards, because I would be all over that.
    Originally posted by Helladamnleet It's weird to me that keyboards don't have more available in terms of software teaching. What helped me a lot with guitar was Rocksmith, because it's little games and popular songs that scale to your skill level. I wish they had something like that for keyboards, because I would be all over that.

It's funny you should mention that because I actually started writing my own "Piano Hero" type thing a couple years ago, but put it on the back burner due to other priorities arising.

And this thread inspired me to start digging through the code I already have written.

I even started designing a a GUI (a visual keyboard) in "pygame."

I think that, if anything, I'd use HTML/CSS/JS for the front end if I continue with it.

And I'm legit thinking of carrying on.
    stl1 Cum Lickin' Fagit
    I don't play myself but know a lot of local musicians because my best friend of 50 ears plays the drums. Here he is playing "Love and Happiness":

playingindirt Tuskegee Airman [nevermore overpopulate your whitweek]
    lolz have you ever heard the term "couldn't carry a tune in a bucket in the shower?" 😆 that's me.

I know how to play a guitar, a ukelele, and blues harp but I can only sing 3 songs well. black hole sun by soundgarden, hide your love away by the beatles and you can close your eyes by james taylor. it's a hopeless cause. 😆
    Actually, I will probably forego the python backend entirely (except maybe for keep track of progress and so on).

But I had a bunch of the programming logic done already in python (like for reading from a MIDI file and measuring the NOTE discrepancy, as well as the TIME discrepancy, between the user's input and the actual MIDI file).

It would train for melodic/musical accuracy AND rhythm.

Damn, why did I abandon this project? I'm so rebooting it.
    Originally posted by playingindirt lolz have you ever heard the term "couldn't carry a tune in a bucket in the shower?" 😆 that's me.

I know how to play a guitar, a ukelele, and blues harp but I can only sing 3 songs well. black hole sun by soundgarden, hide your love away by the beatles and you can close your eyes by james taylor. it's a hopeless cause. 😆

I've started learning the ukelele as my friend got one, i strung it up like a guitar because thats all i know, i didn't know it was set up differently. And thats cool black hole sun was the first song I ever sang that was recorded when i was six.

I'm a big billy joel fan, it would be cool if we had a tc band where we all wore polo shirts and have a good time singing, completely unadulterated fun
    Originally posted by Bill Krozby I've started learning the ukelele as my friend got one, i strung it up like a guitar because thats all i know, i didn't know it was set up differently. And thats cool black hole sun was the first song I ever sang that was recorded when i was six.

they told me to use "my dog has flees or my cow is brown" to remember the tone of each string when I tuned it. I was a kid then. you'd be surprised what you can play on a ukelele especially if you're really good at it. I like 12 string guitars because they're great for finger picking.

but my calling isn't in music. mostly I just enjoy other peoples music. I haven't played in years.
    my calling is in drawing. I especially like and am good at drawing people.
    stl1 Cum Lickin' Fagit
    Send nekkid drawings, my Sweet Annie!
    Jesus Christ Tuskegee Airman
    I don't play any instruments the traditional way, however I do make experimental improv stuff

also I'm an amazing lyricist

Originally posted by stl1 Send nekkid drawings, my Sweet Annie!

😆
    stl1 Cum Lickin' Fagit
    Big hug, girl!
    Originally posted by playingindirt they told me to use "my dog has flees or my cow is brown" to remember the tone of each string when I tuned it. I was a kid then. you'd be surprised what you can play on a ukelele especially if you're really good at it. I like 12 string guitars because they're great for finger picking.

but my calling isn't in music. mostly I just enjoy other peoples music. I haven't played in years.
    my calling is in drawing. I especially like and am good at drawing people.

will you draw me like one of your french girls?
    Originally posted by Bill Krozby will you draw me like one of your french girls?

I don't draw for anybody anymore. I was pushed so hard by relatives to use my talent for profit. it takes the enjoyment out of it.
    Originally posted by playingindirt I don't draw for anybody anymore. I was pushed so hard by relatives to use my talent for profit. it takes the enjoyment out of it.

thats understandable.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Erekshun Naturally Camouflaged
    Nothing wrong with taking a profit for your talents
Jump to Top