User Controls

Horse racing should be illegal...

WellHung Black Hole
    Just another example of humans treating animals badly. Disappointing.
    Erekshun Naturally Camouflaged
    Do something about it!
    WellHung Black Hole
    Originally posted by Erekshun Do something about it!

I have. Have sent several petitions already. Doubt it will change anything.
    Erekshun Naturally Camouflaged
    Too much money involved. If you can't beat em, join em.
    Tesla Coil Tuskegee Airman
    Originally posted by WellHung Just another example of humans treating animals badly. Disappointing.

No, that shit in the deep south (Kentucky?) with the 20 horses put down is angering even race horse owners (or wherever it happened).

I mean the Kentucky Derby and the people there have a lot of love for these animals and the Horses are treated really really well. Getting massages and rub downs like professional athletes.

It's the dirty cunt bags who only purchase them for racing and using them as money making machines and put them down if they don't pull well out on the fields. those people should be banned from Not only owning a race horse, but owning any animal for that matter.

Trust me, People probably treat their race horses better than their own kids in some incidents and have true heart breaking experiences (as if they lost a child) when one of their Animals is put down.

You can have the same argument with the Dog races in Florida (Did they recently ban that as well?)

I mean those greyhounds are treated like royalty as well. People should just shut up about this Animal Cruelty. Not all people do this or even the majority. It's people who can't afford a horse and take care of it on this level that abuse these animals. They only purchase them hoping to win the fucking triple crown.

Matt, I love anumals too but did it dawn on you that these horses love to show off for the people? You should see their happy trots.. they're not trained to act this way. horses are brilliant animals and feed off of human emotion and when the crowed cheers, they Know Whos 15 minutes of fame it is. Theirs.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    WellHung Black Hole
    Originally posted by Tesla Coil No, that shit in the deep south (Kentucky?) with the 20 horses put down is angering even race horse owners (or wherever it happened).

I mean the Kentucky Derby and the people there have a lot of love for these animals and the Horses are treated really really well. Getting massages and rub downs like professional athletes.

It's the dirty cunt bags who only purchase them for racing and using them as money making machines and put them down if they don't pull well out on the fields. those people should be banned from Not only owning a race horse, but owning any animal for that matter.

Trust me, People probably treat their race horses better than their own kids in some incidents and have true heart breaking experiences (as if they lost a child) when one of their Animals is put down.

You can have the same argument with the Dog races in Florida (Did they recently ban that as well?)

I mean those greyhounds are treated like royalty as well. People should just shut up about this Animal Cruelty. Not all people do this or even the majority. It's people who can't afford a horse and take care of it on this level that abuse these animals. They only purchase them hoping to win the fucking triple crown.

Matt, I love anumals too but did it dawn on you that these horses love to show off for the people? You should see their happy trots.. they're not trained to act this way. horses are brilliant animals and feed off of human emotion and when the crowed cheers, they Know Whos 15 minutes of fame it is. Theirs.

You think that the horses love being forced to race... do you think they like when they break their leg, in the process, and have to be euthanized?
    Originally posted by Erekshun Too much money involved. If you can't beat em, join em.

I sometimes go and don't bet. I just love to watch them race and I have (as a kid) was a track warmer (I forget the proper term) when I was 12 years old, I was short and skinny and perfect weight. Then I got thrown' and man, I got pulled from training again.. but they let me be a stable boy and clean them down. Those horses will test your wit. pushing up on you against the wall of the stall. You have to shove below their rib region down and into belly area when they try and pin you like that.

Once one start kicking it's hind legs out when it tried to pin me and I did just that (pushing part) . One of the Jockeys came by and screamed at me. but it was the person who trained me if This ever happens push here so they don't crush you to death.

It was just a summer Job but it was a very wonderful experience.
    Originally posted by WellHung You think that the horses love being forced to race… do you think they like when they break their leg, in the process, and have to be euthanized?

I don't. But I have seen how joyful they appear when they're out there. I wish in the future for when they break their legs, that their is a proper way to heal it. You know, horses break their legs during a normal ride as well. And they don't have to always put them down.

But when a race horse breaks its leg, They have to pay a lot of money and hope for the best. Some of them are put out to pasture. Not all breaks are bad enough to put them down. It's a full break. and I guess horses bones don't heal like Humans? but there are new techniques and technology to one day fix this problem.

I am not out to abuse animals. Horses fucking run in the wild.. it's in their DNA to do so. and Horses love their owners and love to run with these miniature little people on their back.. Who are you to take away one of their only joys in life. They don't want to be stuck in a barn all day long.
    Originally posted by WellHung You think that the horses love being forced to race… do you think they like when they break their leg, in the process, and have to be euthanized?

Also I love Rodeo as well.. yet I am not happy about getting a horse to close to these cattle roping especially near 600-800 pound bulls. Those horses are more likely to be injured. I mean, Let the cowboy and cowgirls take the bull for a ride.. that shit is a trip, but I get nervous about horses getting to close. Why don't you start a petition to keep horses away from the bull pin rather than running on a field.
    gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    Originally posted by gadzooks

I like this. Cute women.
    hydromorphone victim of incest [insincerely conduce my paisley]
    Originally posted by Tesla Coil No, that shit in the deep south (Kentucky?) with the 20 horses put down is angering even race horse owners (or wherever it happened).

Its like I say about PETA, you cant get people to stop eating meat, so do the next best thing and make the conditions to which they're slaughtered HUMANE.

I loved competing my clydesdale in endurance races, barrel racing, dressage, and all sorts of shows. We had fun and he loved it too. There are assholes in every sport though, there just needs to be a guideline for how these animals are treated and vetted.

Horses shouldnt be bearing weight before 4 years old because their joints haven't fused yet. Thats why a lot of of track thoroughbreds end up with all sorts of joint and bone problems after their racing carrier is over. They also shouldnt be shoed. It fucks their feet up badly. Ive done a ton of research into barefoot trimming and that is the way to go, as its like the wild mustangs wear their feet, but you have many well meaning people who are stuck back in an old school mentality who believe they are doing right by their horse, and in every other way are doing great, but they wont budge with the current data on hoof care, sheltering (stalling horses for any period of the day is bad for their feet and overall health too- stalls should be reserved for very sick animals, or shows for brief periods, or rare occasions. Not 12 hours or 24 hours of the day, everyday).but everyone has a belief on what's best and they refuse to believe tje scientific data that supports my claims, rather "this is how it was done before this is how I do it now" mentality. Hell, scientific data supports horses having diets and being like a type 2 diabetic, but people still think they are doing right by feeding molasses, and high starch diets, when theu really need high protein and fat.

Also thouroughbreds are really "throw away horses" in that their carrier rarely goes over 6 years old. They are beat down on their joints and bones in their youth when they should be growing, and by the time they "retire", they have all sorts of health issues and diet issues and are " hard keepers" a lot of times just because so much sugar is packed into them at an early age. They dont breed them for the long haul, like people breed quarter horses, draft horses or almost any other breed. A horse is expected to be working well into its teens and 20's when its not a throughbred racing on the track. TB breeders dont care about their late future. They only care how they runnin the first 6 years and thats it it doesnt matter after that.

Its a whole thing not just one thing. I dont believe we should stop racing just that we need to catch up with the times and do right by the animal first and enjoy the sport second.
    Needledick Needledick Needledick motherfucker [mulishly down your brachydactylia]
    http://explosm.net/comics/1808/
    Originally posted by hydromorphone Its like I say about PETA, you cant get people to stop eating meat, so do the next best thing and make the conditions to which they're slaughtered HUMANE.

I loved competing my clydesdale in endurance races, barrel racing, dressage, and all sorts of shows. We had fun and he loved it too. There are assholes in every sport though, there just needs to be a guideline for how these animals are treated and vetted.

Horses shouldnt be bearing weight before 4 years old because their joints haven't fused yet. Thats why a lot of of track thoroughbreds end up with all sorts of joint and bone problems after their racing carrier is over. They also shouldnt be shoed. It fucks their feet up badly. Ive done a ton of research into barefoot trimming and that is the way to go, as its like the wild mustangs wear their feet, but you have many well meaning people who are stuck back in an old school mentality who believe they are doing right by their horse, and in every other way are doing great, but they wont budge with the current data on hoof care, sheltering (stalling horses for any period of the day is bad for their feet and overall health too- stalls should be reserved for very sick animals, or shows for brief periods, or rare occasions. Not 12 hours or 24 hours of the day, everyday).but everyone has a belief on what's best and they refuse to believe tje scientific data that supports my claims, rather "this is how it was done before this is how I do it now" mentality. Hell, scientific data supports horses having diets and being like a type 2 diabetic, but people still think they are doing right by feeding molasses, and high starch diets, when theu really need high protein and fat.

Also thouroughbreds are really "throw away horses" in that their carrier rarely goes over 6 years old. They are beat down on their joints and bones in their youth when they should be growing, and by the time they "retire", they have all sorts of health issues and diet issues and are " hard keepers" a lot of times just because so much sugar is packed into them at an early age. They dont breed them for the long haul, like people breed quarter horses, draft horses or almost any other breed. A horse is expected to be working well into its teens and 20's when its not a throughbred racing on the track. TB breeders dont care about their late future. They only care how they runnin the first 6 years and thats it it doesnt matter after that.

Its a whole thing not just one thing. I dont believe we should stop racing just that we need to catch up with the times and do right by the animal first and enjoy the sport second.

How old do horses usually live up to? what age is their peak racing speeds?
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    Racing in general is venal and ignoble. "I'm slightly faster than you are, gotta go fast, brrr"
    Originally posted by Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Racing in general is venal and ignoble. "I'm slightly faster than you are, gotta go fast, brrr"

Do you feel the same way about sex?

Oh this feels good.. lets move faster.. brrr
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    Originally posted by Tesla Coil Do you feel the same way about sex?

Oh this feels good.. lets move faster.. brrr

It might be because I'm a MOON PERSON, but I think everyone should be allowed to move at their own pace and all get a trophy.
    Originally posted by Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country It might be because I'm a MOON PERSON, but I think everyone should be allowed to move at their own pace and all get a trophy.

Oh the "We're all purple penguins so therefor a slow person who uses no effort to win a race is equal to the one that trains hard"?

you're one of those
    Originally posted by Tesla Coil Oh the "We're all purple penguins so therefor a slow person who uses no effort to win a race is equal to the one that trains hard"?

you're one of those

Yeah. Cos races are pretty stupid when you think about it.
    Originally posted by Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Yeah. Cos races are pretty stupid when you think about it.

Everything is stupid when thought about.

Sports is pointless .. especially when you see how professionals are paid. yet they're pulling in money and people get caught up in any season of "Our town is being represented by the best of the best" mentality.

Warriors for instance. Not a win in exactly 40 years until 2015? 3 years so far.

Fucking Sharks lost in like the last seconds?

A's havn't been doing to well in former years. Giants have.

I mean this is just the bay area alone. it's just sports though but it gives an illusion we're in good times. plus, it is better to go to a Baseball game to smell the odor of baseball food.. nachos and hotdogs and fresh peanuts.

Yet sometimes it's fun just to go to a highschool or college game over pro.

My favorite sports to watch on TV or in real world is Womens professional indoor volleyball or outdoor beach. fap fap fap
Jump to Top