User Controls

Music general

Jesus Christ Tuskegee Airman
    Just post random songs you like or whatever you're currently listening to in this thread

-SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]

"Now I lay me down to sleep
    I pray the Lord my soul to keep
    If I should die before I wake
    I pray the Lord my soul to take"

I'm not going to wake up today
    They've pulled my plug, the picture fades
    And as my body decays
    Mold begins to fill my grave

The smell of death permeates the silk within my coffin lays
    Go to hell!

As they bury me now, six feet there, my body lies
    Still feel like I'm going down, I hear a distant wailing cry
    God! Something must've gone wrong!
    And much too late I realize...

Go to hell!

I saw my funeral that day
    I know who didn't show to mourn
    My judgment was life in hell
    Pillars of pain and thorns

My only friend's the goat, with 666 between his horns
    Go to hell!

Place all your trust here in me
    Rest assured, these things I know
    And as Charon sails the sea
    Your journey, too, shall end below

Ah yes, you're all sitting ducks! It's true you reap what you sow
    Go to hell!

"Now I lay me down to sleep
    Blah… blah… blah, my soul to keep
    If I die before I wake
    I'll go to Hell for Heaven's sake"
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition

I've still got one good eye
    op check out this album, it came out recently:

embedded bandcamp link
    Ghost Black Hole
    poor Lil Debbie all she ever did was bounce around and look cute

The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by aldra op check out this album, it came out recently:

embedded bandcamp link

Sounds like someone from Tympanik making a 2010s interpretation of 90s/00s post-Industrial.
    I'll check it out.
    the guy was around for mid-late 00s, just been slow getting new stuff out. I actually like his older stuff better, but that album's not bad. Minutia's Curse and Nightrunner are standouts on it
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    I have physical copies of oppidian and void(), didn't know they were still around
    Originally posted by aldra I have physical copies of oppidian and void(), didn't know they were still around

I have Oppidan, Void and Geosynchron.

I really want to get back into cds, since 2007 I have been mostly digital and it pains me.
    If this whole planet is nuked and I die at least I'll get to reincarnate and experience going to VIBES records for the first time again ;_;
    If the world doesn't end and DJT turns the economy around and somehow I end up making money then I'm going to buy albums and go to live shows all the time.
    playingindirt Tuskegee Airman [nevermore overpopulate your whitweek]
    playingindirt Tuskegee Airman [nevermore overpopulate your whitweek]
    The year was 2006, summer.
    I was 15 years old.
    My okaasan and I were living at my grandparents, she lost her job in 2005 and so we had to leave the apartment.
    This was the greatest year of my life and mostly it's because I wasn't on the internet.
    The hard drive in my AOL pc (they had this special where you could get a desktop, monitor and kb/m all for $300) had failed (idk why I didn't think to buy another hard drive) and so I was left a whole year without a computer, however occasionally I would go to the public library and use their computers.
    During this time I was left with nothing to do but play video games and watch tv.
    That year I really started getting into manga and I even attempted to try and learn Japanese, but I have an extreme avoidant personality disorder so it never worked out but that was the apex year for my Japanophilia.
    Bored out of my mind I went through my cd collection and fate had it that a few years earlier while dumpster diving with my tomodachi outside of a half priced bookstore I found a promotional cassette tape copy of Skinny Puppy's Last Rights.
    Holy fucking shit yeah I was fucking lucky.
    When I tried listening to it I was like "What the fuck is this fucking garbage how in the fuck could anyone want to listen to this.
    Up until then my ears were only accustomed to accessible music, since I mostly grew up with nothing but access to the radio and whatever few cds my mom happened to buy me (we have always been poor).
    Around that time my favorite band was Rammstein, I absolutely worshipped that band and watched their music videos all the time (the 90s really did have the greatest aesthetics and media).
    I was very curious as to how and why someone could enjoy and listen to something like Last Rights, and a year or two earlier I discovered Merzbow through Pandora so remembering my tape and that weird band I stumbled upon on the web I made the life changing decision to explore the most challenging music possible and train myself to enjoy music that on first listen either sounded boring or painful.
    When I first started listening to these bands/musicians/albums it truly was a psychedelic experience, my consciousness would go into dissociative states and I would trip out without even being on any substance (except for all the caffeine from the sodas).
    That year was the year my musical life began and the year I would go on to discover one of the coolest places I have ever been to in the fleshnet, a record store called "Vibes Music" in Broad ripple Indiana.
    I had never experienced a real record store, the only ones I had been to were corporate places in the shopping mall or places like Best Buy so stepping into a genuine record shop was like visiting another country.
    I would go into detail about the visuals and smells of the place but that would take too much effort and time so let me just say that it was a smelly old looking record shop filled with thousands of cds and vinyl records.
    I was determined to find the coolest and most challenging music they had and it just so happened that that fucking place was legit as fuck and had everything from Merzbow to whatever the fuck else and so it was there that I bought my first ever Merzbow album "Merzbuddha" (fuck the haters laptop era merzbow is the best), I also picked up a copy of the Wolf Eye's album "Burned Mind", a copy of Boris' "Pink" and VNV Nation's "Empires" all of those albums forever changed me and made me who I am today.
    The rest is history.

Thought I would share that story with you all
    Also ever since then Last Rights became my second favorite album of all time.
    I'm not exactly sure what my first is because I have like a dozen of them, but I'll say it's probably Things Falling Apart.
    Last Rights is really good, probably Skinny Puppy's best.

I dunno if I could pick a favourite, but here are a few:

Sophia - Spite
    Rome - Flowers from Exile
    Haujobb - Vertical Theory
    Death in June - either But What Ends When the Symbols Shatter or Take Care and Control
Jump to Top