User Controls

Do you guys do any budgetting?

Helladamnleet African Astronaut [impartially tyrannize that lentinus]
    Or anything else to save a little for that matter? My bank automatically rounds up every transaction and puts the difference in my savings, plus it's supposed to take %10 of my direct deposit and put it into my savings also, but that didn't start until this morning which caught me off guard.
    tee hee hee Naturally Camouflaged [slangily complete this slumberer]
    Not quite.
    Yes, I have an excel spreadsheet I put together and I put everything I spend on it monthly and everything coming in (and obviously out) which then also automatically graph charts into specific categories such as "groceries" "car" "rent/utils" etc etc. which then charts that to previous monthly budgets and creates a graph from that comparing each category month over month.

I can then take this data and input it into my forecast/projection spreadsheet along with current rates of inflation, expected cost increases etc and forecast my monthly budget going forward for about 2yrs or so.

This can all be printed out into a text/graphic report which I can then laminate, cover in peanut butter and ram up my ass.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    tee hee hee Naturally Camouflaged [slangily complete this slumberer]
    Lolol

I just look at my bank statements and if my withdrawls are more then my incomings i go, teeheehee slow ur roll next month.

Thats my budgeting and it works well...im only 100k in debt!
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Yes, I have an excel spreadsheet I put together and I put everything I spend on it monthly and everything coming in (and obviously out) which then also automatically graph charts into specific categories such as "groceries" "car" "rent/utils" etc etc. which then charts that to previous monthly budgets and creates a graph from that comparing each category month over month.

I can then take this data and input it into my forecast/projection spreadsheet along with current rates of inflation, expected cost increases etc and forecast my monthly budget going forward for about 2yrs or so.

This can all be printed out into a text/graphic report which I can then laminate, cover in peanut butter and ram up my ass.

Do you REALLY?
    OP should kill himself
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by Helladamnleet Do you REALLY?

Well except for that last part...that would be an awful waste of peanut butter.
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Well except for that last part…that would be an awful waste of peanut butter.

Seems like that costs a lot of time, doesn't it? Maybe that's more incentive to spend less.
    Originally posted by Helladamnleet Seems like that costs a lot of time, doesn't it? Maybe that's more incentive to spend less.

Originally posted by Helladamnleet Seems like that costs a lot of time, doesn't it? Maybe that's more incentive to spend less.

Nope...the setup of the spreadsheet took an amount of time yes but that was done years ago now...it's simply a case of typing in a few numbers every time I spend something now and the functions on the spreadsheet does the rest...litterally seconds a day..assuming I spend anything that day.

Aldi $36.23
    Gas $24
    Cindy's Exotica $436.78
    WellHung Black Hole
    Originally posted by Helladamnleet Or anything else to save a little for that matter? My bank automatically rounds up every transaction and puts the difference in my savings, plus it's supposed to take %10 of my direct deposit and put it into my savings also, but that didn't start until this morning which caught me off guard.

My goodness, your bank does advanced services for you... Do you happen to live in the United States?
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Nope…the setup of the spreadsheet took an amount of time yes but that was done years ago now…it's simply a case of typing in a few numbers every time I spend something now and the functions on the spreadsheet does the rest…litterally seconds a day..assuming I spend anything that day.

Aldi $36.23
    Gas $24
    Cindy's Exotica $436.78

How does it distinguish one category from the next? I think the redundancy involved it what makes it seem like a lot of wasted time.
    Originally posted by Helladamnleet How does it distinguish one category from the next? I think the redundancy involved it what makes it seem like a lot of wasted time.

Catagory numbers

grocery =1 for example
    utils =2
    gas =3 etc

so...

if I buy $25 of gas I might enter

Description:cost:catagory:
    gas................25.........3
    Ghost Black Hole
    Fuck budgeting, just make more money.

I don't care about secular society so I have no need for material possessions, I don't buy new clothes unless I absolutely need them. The last 'new' console I owned was an xbox 360. Most of my money goes to food, bills and drugs.

People that always want to buy new phones, video games, nice things are weird. I don't understand that kind of behavior and I think everything is garbage not worth wasting money on.
    Originally posted by Ghost Fuck budgeting, just make more money.

the more you make the more a budget or tracking of where it's going becomes important...that's why you are always hearing about dumb millionaires who end up pennyless because they didn't track/budget or left it to some other idiot who fleeced them of all their money.
    Ghost Black Hole
    My money doesn't go anywhere because I don't really spend it. Last time I had a job I had $5000 in cash just sitting in a drawer for over a year because I was always too busy working to go out and spend it.
    Originally posted by Ghost My money doesn't go anywhere because I don't really spend it. Last time I had a job I had $5000 in cash just sitting in a drawer for over a year because I was always too busy working to go out and spend it.

I like to pay my way in the world rather than rely on someone else paying my bills, that way I get to make the decisions on where we go, what we do, what she wears, how many spankings she gets for trying to feed me brussel sprouts etc.
    Ajax African Astronaut [rumor the placative aphakia]
    Yes, I have a budget. I have a robust spreadsheet with a budget, sinking fund categories, an interactive mortgage amortization schedule, plus all the tax-advanced retirement accounts and other investment accounts maxed out.
    Number13 African Astronaut [dispute my snotty-nosed seagull]
    I mainly eat rice and drink water so my budget is pretty easy
    Groceries: £60
    Utilities: £120ish maybe more maybe less
    Dentist: £0
    International jediry: £180,000
    Dog food: £20

Doing all this budgeting and there's still a deficit somewhere, can't figure it out.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Like number above me, my budgeting is also mental. Smokes beer food weed rent phone electric. All set numbers that are about 2/3rds of my monthly income.

Like scronaldo j trump above, I also just have my savings in a secret cubbyhole in my friend's house. I take from there when I want something special like tickets to see Robert Plant this summer or a new computer which I've needed for a few months and have been too lazy to do or some random drugs that have been made available, etc.
Jump to Top