User Controls

The moon, the stars, the sky.

hydromorphone victim of incest [insincerely conduce my paisley]
    The moon is about 3/4ths full, and its gorgeous, especially when the sky is cloudless, as it's been here and there, and fairly little clouds right now.

I spent A LOT of my childhood, teens, and early to mid 20's lookimg up at the night sky with my dad. We spent hours and hours gazing at the stars, telling stories, discussing astronomy and science, off the wall possibilities, religion, politics... Everything. Very often we'd be under a sky like tonight from sundown to sun up.

I consider looking at the sky and the stars magical. As my dad often would say "baby, you're looking back in time." And he was right. Where else can you gaze and see something that at this very moment may be dead and gone by now? And we won't know until the light reaches us, or lack thereof for many stars that'll just blip out of existence one day.

I'll always think of my dad everytime I look at the night sky. I'm really lucky I have those memories and got to spend the time I did with him enjoying something so amazing and awe inspiring.

How often do you look at the stars, moon and other heavenly bodies? Is there a star out there that you consider "yours"? What's the coolest thing about astronomy/in the night sky to you?
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    I always feel like a total astronomy n00b because, when it comes to constellations, I can only identify Orion's belt if I even bother looking up.

The implications of the tremendous physical distance of each and every visible star in the night sky is actually incredibly humbling.

Sadly, I spend nowhere near enough time looking up at night.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    I respect that. The DAD. I like looking at the sky myself but not usually in a formal let's sit down and look at the sky all night way.

The night time is the eight time. I like black skies. I like night. I like storms. I like rain. I like bad weather. I think I always will. It's just somehow more REAL. even though sunny skies and fluffy clouds are real too, so i dont mean to be mean to them. Sorry fluffy clouds.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    I'm a moon child as I'm a cancerian.i always notice when the moon is full. A few weeks ago it was pinkish.

But yeah a few months ago my buddy Hector and I bought some weed and ketamine and brews and laid out in his backyard counting stars and trains going to Mars. It's was pretty rad.

I'd like to go to an area near by where theres not so many street lights though. Like in the country
    HTS highlight reel
    The sun, the moon, the stars
    Is that what you're thinking that you are
    As I'll disintegrate over time
    If I expect my body to try and keep up with my mind ~
    Shrooms Houston
    The Stars remind me of my German adopted grandmother she bought me an electronic telescope when I was young that I could never get to work now I study horoscopes to read people a little better off brand
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    Ireland is a cloudy country. The Sahara desert is supposed to have amazing views of the sky, I'm planning on making my next holiday to some Arab country country there, maybe Mauritania, wherever is doing cheap flights.
    Technologist victim of incest
    I love the star gazing when I’m in the country and away from the city lights. The difference is amazing. So many stars to see🤩
    half of the stars you saw last night are already dead by the time their lights reach earth.

do you enjoy looking at deaths ?
    Originally posted by mmQ I respect that. The DAD. I like looking at the sky myself but not usually in a formal let's sit down and look at the sky all night way.

The night time is the eight time. I like black skies. I like night. I like storms. I like rain. I like bad weather. I think I always will. It's just somehow more REAL. even though sunny skies and fluffy clouds are real too, so i dont mean to be mean to them. Sorry fluffy clouds.

Yeah storms are cool too, but its nice when there's not a cloud in the sky on a moonless night so you can see the stars better.

My dad would joke around when we were on the farm and have full moons on cloudless nights. He would say "look its so bright outside your gonna get a moon-tan" lol and it would be. I could read a book without light outside sometimes from the time the sun went down until the sun came up all because of the moon.

Originally posted by Bill Krozby I'm a moon child as I'm a cancerian.i always notice when the moon is full. A few weeks ago it was pinkish.

But yeah a few months ago my buddy Hector and I bought some weed and ketamine and brews and laid out in his backyard counting stars and trains going to Mars. It's was pretty rad.

I'd like to go to an area near by where theres not so many street lights though. Like in the country

Definitely in the country. I miss being on the farm in North Florida. The star gazing was fucking out of this world. Second best only to thw Florida keys, and the Dry Tortugas.

I wish I could go out on a boat down in the keys with my dad again. Star gazing, shark fishing... Telling stories. I miss that.
    Oh, and mq, we didnt always "formally" star gaze. Honestly, most the time it was because my father was a smoker and up all night, so being my grandma was allergic to smoke, we would go sit outside to smoke. So it cpuld be hours that we'd be out there or sometimes just for a cigarette. Also depended on how the sky was. If it was cloudy, we weren't out so much, but if it was clear, we could be out there all night, coming in only for drinks, snacks, and cigarettes, and also for me to piss... He'd just piss off the portch of course- he was a real man... A Manly-man.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny half of the stars you saw last night are already dead by the time their lights reach earth.

do you enjoy looking at deaths ?

False. Almost all stars you see when you look up at night are in our own Galaxy, most of them aren't even more than 1000 lightyears away. And there is no star in the Universe that only lives for just 1000 years. Blue hyper giants, the stars that live the shortest have a life span of millions of years.
    Common De-mominator African Astronaut
    Gay. Space is a myth.
    Originally posted by Sophie False. Almost all stars you see when you look up at night are in our own Galaxy, most of them aren't even more than 1000 lightyears away. And there is no star in the Universe that only lives for just 1000 years. Blue hyper giants, the stars that live the shortest have a life span of millions of years.

i thought the diameter is like 100k lightyears across.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny i thought the diameter is like 100k lightyears across.

Daydreaming about goatse again?
    Needledick Needledick Needledick motherfucker [mulishly down your brachydactylia]
    The sky looks cool sometimes with when there are really large intricate cloud formations, like the sky is a big painting. Usually I just think "that would look so cool on acid...but I'm not...*sigh*

This one time a couple years ago, there was this big pink cloud cluster that had a lighting storm going on inside for like well over an hour.
    stl1 Cum Lickin' Fagit
    Imagine how different the world would be if it had two moons.

Originally posted by mmQ Daydreaming about goatse again?

everywhere i look i see stars that could be linked up to form a goatse constallation.
    Octavian motherfucker
    Originally posted by hydromorphone The moon is about 3/4ths full, and its gorgeous, especially when the sky is cloudless, as it's been here and there, and fairly little clouds right now.

I spent A LOT of my childhood, teens, and early to mid 20's lookimg up at the night sky with my dad. We spent hours and hours gazing at the stars, telling stories, discussing astronomy and science, off the wall possibilities, religion, politics… Everything. Very often we'd be under a sky like tonight from sundown to sun up.

I consider looking at the sky and the stars magical. As my dad often would say "baby, you're looking back in time." And he was right. Where else can you gaze and see something that at this very moment may be dead and gone by now? And we won't know until the light reaches us, or lack thereof for many stars that'll just blip out of existence one day.

I'll always think of my dad everytime I look at the night sky. I'm really lucky I have those memories and got to spend the time I did with him enjoying something so amazing and awe inspiring.

How often do you look at the stars, moon and other heavenly bodies? Is there a star out there that you consider "yours"? What's the coolest thing about astronomy/in the night sky to you?

What happened to your dad?

Originally posted by Shrooms I study horoscopes to read people a little better off brand

I read mine daily but only in some sad futile attempt at convincing myself things will be better.
    Originally posted by hydromorphone Where else can you gaze and see something that at this very moment may be dead and gone by now?

https://niggasin.space/thread/25430
Jump to Top