User Controls

Derp Moments

gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    In this thread, we share embarrassing examples of when we went full derp.

Here's one (although, trust me, I have plenty more) to get us started:

Last year, I bought a portable air conditioning unit for my apartment.

Instead of reading the manual all the way through, I just assumed that turning it "up" would mean "more coldness". I mean, when you want to adjust an electric fan so that it blows air more intensely, you turn it up. You also do the same with heaters, of course, and so on.

So, naturally, I dialed it all the way to the highest numerical setting.

I slept that evening on the floor next to it, trying to salvage what little coolness I could get, but it just felt so ineffective.

It took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out that I was turning the temperature up, not X coldness factor.

hydromorphone victim of incest [insincerely conduce my paisley]
    Lmfao... Yeah, you turn the temperature DOWN (lower means colder on a thermestate), not up... When its 90 degrees out thats hot... When its 60 thats colder. Same goes for air conditioning.

Ive many times been stoned and been looking for something then moments later realize its in my hand. I'm sure thay qualifies for a derp moment. I'll think of something better later but right now thats all I got.
    Common De-mominator African Astronaut
    Lol
    HTS highlight reel
    How does an indoor air conditioner even work don't they like radiate waste heat out the back hence why we dangle them out of windows and shit?

Anyway, I am a perfect infallible being who never makes mistakes so this thread isn't for me.
    Narc Space Nigga [connect my yokel-like scolytidae]
    Originally posted by HTS Anyway, I am a perfect infallible being who never makes mistakes so this thread isn't for me.

Didn't you chop your balls off? Sounds like a pretty derp thing to do to me.

HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by Narc Didn't you chop your balls off? Sounds like a pretty derp thing to do to me.

lol I was going to make this joke but it seemed stupid coming from me.

gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    Originally posted by HTS How does an indoor air conditioner even work don't they like radiate waste heat out the back hence why we dangle them out of windows and shit?

Well, it's kinda more "quasi-portable."

It does have a component that has to be placed inside a window, but it takes just a couple minutes to either remove it or to put it up, so you can tuck it away in a closet during the Winter, or take it with you to another residence for whatever reason, all with relative ease.
    Erekshun Naturally Camouflaged
    Derp

^^My derp moment
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    Window air conditioners are so ugly.
    One I make at least once a week is looking for my glasses when they are sitting pushed back on the top of my head...even to the point of asking people "have you seen my glasses"...and they look at me with that "you dumbass" look and say, they are on your head.
    Helladamnleet African Astronaut [impartially tyrannize that lentinus]
    Originally posted by gadzooks In this thread, we share embarrassing examples of when we went full derp.

Here's one (although, trust me, I have plenty more) to get us started:

Last year, I bought a portable air conditioning unit for my apartment.

Instead of reading the manual all the way through, I just assumed that turning it "up" would mean "more coldness". I mean, when you want to adjust an electric fan so that it blows air more intensely, you turn it up. You also do the same with heaters, of course, and so on.

So, naturally, I dialed it all the way to the highest numerical setting.

I slept that evening on the floor next to it, trying to salvage what little coolness I could get, but it just felt so ineffective.

It took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out that I was turning the temperature up, not X coldness factor.

Really? All 3 of my window air conditioners that don't have the digital readout function as 0-9 with 9 being the coldest setting.

Originally posted by HTS lol I was going to make this joke but it seemed stupid coming from me.

You cut your balls off on purpose though. The most notorious fuck up of yours that comes to mind is when you got the highlighter stuck in your ass.
    Thotgirl African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson One I make at least once a week is looking for my glasses when they are sitting pushed back on the top of my head…even to the point of asking people "have you seen my glasses"…and they look at me with that "you dumbass" look and say, they are on your head.

I used to wear glasses i understand the struggle..
    Narc Space Nigga [connect my yokel-like scolytidae]
    Originally posted by Helladamnleet Really? All 3 of my window air conditioners that don't have the digital readout function as 0-9 with 9 being the coldest setting.

You cut your balls off on purpose though. The most notorious fuck up of yours that comes to mind is when you got the highlighter stuck in your ass.

Or when he mistakenly thought his boyfriend scron had stolen his fleshlight then beat him up and then made an angry ranting fred about it.

HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by Helladamnleet The most notorious fuck up of yours that comes to mind is when you got the highlighter stuck in your ass.

That was intentional too. I am a perfect, infallible being.

*whistles innocently* ๐Ÿ˜—๐ŸŽต
    frala Avant garde shartist
    Lucyโ€™s asshole NEEDS to be highlighted.
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    you know what they say everthing taste better with an egg on top

Erekshun Naturally Camouflaged
    Who is they?
    jedi_darryl African Astronaut
    Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez comparing GOP to Dwight Schrute. That honestly made me laugh and also made me an additional follower toward her 4.2 million people on twitter. Sheโ€™s kinda cute. Reminds of Lauren with the exception of her split ends. Well they both have split ends. Both fukable though. I think I said too much...๐Ÿง
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    I might lose my job tomorrow but I think I wil do a fangoria cat comic because I feel like that cat. my face hurts so bad and I feel dizzy win I wake up, ive never felt like this and I asked to go back to work yesterday because I need to. man I will be more carefull for now on I thought I was but I guess its not enough

q
    Helladamnleet African Astronaut [impartially tyrannize that lentinus]
    Originally posted by Narc Or when he mistakenly thought his boyfriend scron had stolen his fleshlight then beat him up and then made an angry ranting fred about it.

But he found it in Scrons bag....

Originally posted by HTS That was intentional too. I am a perfect, infallible being.

*whistles innocently* ๐Ÿ˜—๐ŸŽต

No you didn't. Where's the UBB archive
Jump to Top