User Controls

Free shroom spores (magic gyms)

We'reAllBrownNosers African Astronaut
    PM me an address if you want spores. I will have a couple hundred extra this summer. They're nothing special really you can purchase them online from various different vendors. These are free though, I'll just get stamps and envelopes and mail them out. These things produce a lot of spores, much more than most species of mushrooms, so there's plenty.
    WellHung Black Hole
    Shove your spores up your ass, faggot.
    blaster master victim of incest
    They're way milder than cubes. Cubes to me are more like a stimulant, where as the kavalactones in gyms tend to counteract the stimulant effects of psilocin, so they've got a codeine/mdma sort of feel, but if you take a large amount, I've heard it can be quite similar to an LSD trip. People tend to say that you can't OD on them, which I wouldn't say to anyone because everyone is different, but they're much less potent than cubes.

They grow best on a mix of rotten and non rotten (but not fresh) wood, pasteurized first. Slow growing, but extremely durable and resistant to contams once established.
    Yesterday, I found several fresh clusters of Gyms, and after reading a post from another sight, found that Gym pins are more likely to show bluing when bruised.
    Sure enough, I went outside and checked, and they did blue. Needless to say, I immediately harvested them and went to printing.
    After the confirmation of this newest cluster, I decided that the time had come to try the dried caps and stems from my first find.
    I ate a good amount as i heard that they were very weak, and you should eat @ least 10g. I don't think I even ate 10g, but…within 15 minutes, I felt that familiar ramping up of the roller coaster ride feeling.
    After that Everything changed…3 dimensional Entity's/things/waves of patterns were flowing thought the room. It was filled, my house became changed, and I felt like I was In another dimention/parallel reality. It was truly Awe-some and beautiful. I felt it growing stronger, and I knew how to read the signals…It was time to go hunker down in the little time I had left and get into my bed…shit was about to go down.
    about 3 minutes after i got into my bed, i felt like every pleasure sensation I was capable of was saturating me at 110%. I was a little nervous, cause it kept getting stronger and stronger. I peaked for 3 hours, and thought I was lost
    This was just as powerful as a 10gr Ban Hua Thannon Cube trip I took a while ago (the farthest Iv gone.) The pleasure was so intense it was painful. My grip on common reality was annihilated as i got gang banged by the Universe.
    I fucking got owned…and a part of me liked it.
    I could go on and on, but im not sure how much to put out there.

My definition of that psychedelic experience = !!!!!Holy Rollin Mother Fucker Space-Monkey Be'Jasus Crap!!!!!!~ when you get there you'll understand lol.

Not to be under-estimated.
    https://mycotopia.net/topic/51505-laughing-gym-findings-mythbusters/?hl=mythbusters

I was looking for an old gymnopilus trip report but I can't find it. It was one of the coolest things I've ever read.

EDIT:
    i followed alot of mycots writeups. but basically what i did was a longshot. i recieved wild prints from a member on here…and for hahas i knocked up 1/4 pint jars of popcorn with the straight spore solution. within weeks i had strong myc that colonized all the jars. i than took woodchips i found outside and spawned them to the woodchips and allowed to colonise. after i got enough woodchips colonized i found a spot outside and covered with my sub mixture and they grew rather easily. i also had some of the myc growing on hydrated cardboard. i swear gyms are easier than cubes. ill paw through and see if i can find some of mycots threads for you…he gives a full breakdown with the large gym grows he does. im sure you would have no problem with them at all. btw those pix are amazing!
    Spore mass slurry:

Bring 1 gallon of water to a boil, mix in one table spoon of molasses, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Allow to cool and then mix in spores. Spores should germinate after 3 days to a week. This can then be used to inoculate cardboard or any other kind of spawn.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Helladamnleet African Astronaut [impartially tyrannize that lentinus]
    I'm interested but I'm wary of giving my home address out online...... Like, I want these spores.
    WellHung Black Hole
    Originally posted by Helladamnleet I'm interested but I'm wary of giving my home address out online…… Like, I want these spores.

for good reason... You don't want those spores that badd. 👍
    Originally posted by WellHung for good reason… You don't want those spores that badd. 👍

Idk man.... I could have a fun time on some fungi
    Spores are protein rich and according to stamets, it may be more likely for bacteria to kill the spores before they get a chance to germinate if there's too many in a solution so according to him, the solution should be clear or only slightly tinted by the spores' color.

Cardboard can be soaked in water overnight, or boiled to remove the glue and other chemicals, then peeled apart. The mycelium from the spore mass slurry can then be used to inoculate the wavy part of the cardboard, and then put it back together. and set it aside somewhere it won't dry out, in a container or something.

These are super easy to be honest once you get past the initial stage of germinating some healthy mycelium.
    Originally posted by We'reAllBrownNosers Spore mass slurry:

Bring 1 gallon of water to a boil, mix in one table spoon of molasses, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Allow to cool and then mix in spores. Spores should germinate after 3 days to a week. This can then be used to inoculate cardboard or any other kind of spawn.

How thick does this end up? One table spoon molasses doesn't seem like very much. I'm just generally curious
    Originally posted by Helladamnleet How thick does this end up? One table spoon molasses doesn't seem like very much. I'm just generally curious

Not thick at all really, it's just like water. But if you leave the mycelium sitting there too long after the spores germinate, they may become a thick jelly-like mass which is hard to evenly disperse unless you have a way of cutting it up. A certain type of blender is normally used, but there's no point in letting it get that thick.
    Originally posted by We'reAllBrownNosers Not thick at all really, it's just like water. But if you leave the mycelium sitting there too long after the spores germinate, they may become a thick jelly-like mass which is hard to evenly disperse unless you have a way of cutting it up. A certain type of blender is normally used, but there's no point in letting it get that thick.

Yeah, I did some more research and figured out what the desired effect was. Cool stuff.
    CASPER Soldier of Fourchin
    Man id love a steady supply of something i could microdose with.Theres only one rainbow family nigga i trust to get all my stuff from, and hes been hard to get ahold of when i dont have a car. Might take you up on that offer. Is there any way to grow them outside? Ive only ever heard of indoor cultivation.
    Originally posted by CASPER Man id love a steady supply of something i could microdose with.Theres only one rainbow family nigga i trust to get all my stuff from, and hes been hard to get ahold of when i dont have a car. Might take you up on that offer. Is there any way to grow them outside? Ive only ever heard of indoor cultivation.

Do the spore mass slurry and find a viable spot outside. Gyms like rotting wood.

That's my plan by the way, get a good amount indoors, get 5-10 gallons of spore slurry, and invade this near by bluff with a not-so-well-traveled walking trail. I bet if I kept up on it I'd have the area saturated in 5 years.
    Gyms are pretty easy outdoors and as a wood decomposer they can grow for several years on the same logs. If you don't get any rain though you'll have to water the logs and provide the right micro climate.

I found one large gym today fruiting because of the light rain that lasted for less than a couple minutes in the past week or so. Not enough to rehydrate the logs at all, but just enough humidity to fruit. Seeing as it's the only one, I decided to collect a spore print from it. It may be useful as a more rugged, low humidity substrain.

I should get more prints in a week or so. I've been sloppy collecting them but in the future I'll be more careful.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Psilocybin
    Legal status:
    AU: S9 (Prohibited)
    CA: Schedule III
    UK: Class A
    US: Schedule I
    Originally posted by -SpectraL Psilocybin
    Legal status:
    AU: S9 (Prohibited)
    CA: Schedule III
    UK: Class A
    US: Schedule I
    Psilocybin and psilocin are illegal in some places, that's correct. I'm not making any assumptions about what people plan on doing with the spores or whether or not cultivation is legal where they are. It is possible they're using them only for microscopy purposes. Or it could even be that they're law enforcement that just wants to study particular strains. I don't care what people do with them. Just don't tell me you plan on doing anything illegal.
    Gymnopilus species legality is also more of a grey area because some reports have certain strains considered "active" due to bioassay, but test results sometimes show no psilocin or psilocybin at all, leading some people to believe it's kavalactones or gymnopilins that cause the "trip" or "high"

So unless a DNA analysis or chemical analysis is done, or both, nobody really knows for sure. It's a complex genus. I could send you an inactive strain of Gymnopilus, that is, one that after chemical analysis was shown to contain no psilocybin or psilocin, yet if you cultivated it, somehow it may begin randomly producing these compounds. Nobody is really sure why they may be inactive in one case and then randomly active in another, with what seems to be the same strain or species.. That's not at all the case with something like the more common Psilocybe Cubensis, where you know it's always going to be active, except perhaps in extremely rare cases of mutations.

EDIT: also, if someone cultivates Gyms, it's perhaps easier to do outdoors than it is with cubensis, as they don't require manure, just rotten wood which anyone should be able to find. Proving that someone actually cultivated mushrooms that appear to be growing naturally outdoors on logs would be fairly difficult to do, not to mention they're harder to identify and you'd need a chemical analysis as well as DNA analysis. Not worth all that effort for some hippy eating mushrooms that were growing on logs outside in the woods or something.

I find these things in people's yards so often, and some are certainly active. None of these people are getting busted for it, because these mushrooms naturally end up in yards or anywhere else with rotting wood. I reckon if you had grown 20 pounds dry and tried to sell them you may run into problems, but otherwise probably not.

Anyway, when it comes to cultivating, you can simply take some rotten wood that you've found and put it into a pillow case, tie it, weigh it down with bricks or whatever, and pour a large pan of boiling water into it.

The temperature will drop down below 180F soon, and remain above 140 to 160 for over an hour. In theory this would pasteurize, because by the time the middle of the rotten wood is exposed to much heat, the temp is below 180F, so those bacteria at pasteurizing temps end up becoming dominant, allowing the mushrooms to be introduced once it's cooled off.

If you want to be extra sure, you can check the internal temp of the pillow case and rotten wood with a meat thermometer, and once the temp is between 140 and 180, add some worm castings to the water and stir a bit. That'll introduce mushroom friendly bacteria so you can then spawn to that once it's cooled.
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Originally posted by We'reAllBrownNosers Psilocybin and psilocin are illegal in some places, that's correct. I'm not making any assumptions about what people plan on doing with the spores or whether or not cultivation is legal where they are. It is possible they're using them only for microscopy purposes. Or it could even be that they're law enforcement that just wants to study particular strains. I don't care what people do with them. Just don't tell me you plan on doing anything illegal.
    Gymnopilus species legality is also more of a grey area because some reports have certain strains considered "active" due to bioassay, but test results sometimes show no psilocin or psilocybin at all, leading some people to believe it's kavalactones or gymnopilins that cause the "trip" or "high"

So unless a DNA analysis or chemical analysis is done, or both, nobody really knows for sure. It's a complex genus. I could send you an inactive strain of Gymnopilus, that is, one that after chemical analysis was shown to contain no psilocybin or psilocin, yet if you cultivated it, somehow it may begin randomly producing these compounds. Nobody is really sure why they may be inactive in one case and then randomly active in another, with what seems to be the same strain or species.. That's not at all the case with something like the more common Psilocybe Cubensis, where you know it's always going to be active, except perhaps in extremely rare cases of mutations.

EDIT: also, if someone cultivates Gyms, it's perhaps easier to do outdoors than it is with cubensis, as they don't require manure, just rotten wood which anyone should be able to find. Proving that someone actually cultivated mushrooms that appear to be growing naturally outdoors on logs would be fairly difficult to do, not to mention they're harder to identify and you'd need a chemical analysis as well as DNA analysis. Not worth all that effort for some hippy eating mushrooms that were growing on logs outside in the woods or something.

I find these things in people's yards so often, and some are certainly active. None of these people are getting busted for it, because these mushrooms naturally end up in yards or anywhere else with rotting wood. I reckon if you had grown 20 pounds dry and tried to sell them you may run into problems, but otherwise probably not.

Anyway, when it comes to cultivating, you can simply take some rotten wood that you've found and put it into a pillow case, tie it, weigh it down with bricks or whatever, and pour a large pan of boiling water into it.

The temperature will drop down below 180F soon, and remain above 140 to 160 for over an hour. In theory this would pasteurize, because by the time the middle of the rotten wood is exposed to much heat, the temp is below 180F, so those bacteria at pasteurizing temps end up becoming dominant, allowing the mushrooms to be introduced once it's cooled off.

If you want to be extra sure, you can check the internal temp of the pillow case and rotten wood with a meat thermometer, and once the temp is between 140 and 180, add some worm castings to the water and stir a bit. That'll introduce mushroom friendly bacteria so you can then spawn to that once it's cooled.

Would you be interested in sending a sample to one of the feds on this BBS, so they can test it and check?
    Originally posted by -SpectraL Would you be interested in sending a sample to one of the feds on this BBS, so they can test it and check?

Having the spores is legal, dumb ass. Nice try though.
Jump to Top