User Controls

Found shrooms today

We'reAllBrownNosers African Astronaut
    First gymnopilus of the year. Got some good weed to smoke with it. I've been spoiled as a cultivator though. I used to be able to eat handfulls of maggot infested wild shrooms with no problems. Now I'm hesitant.

This will be fun though. Gotta spore print them all first though. I wasted pounds of them last year. Won't make that mistake this year. They're all going to be eaten.

Luteofolius or Luteus.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    WellHung Black Hole
    Congratulations on your crowning achievement. I feel that a Nobel Peace Prize is in your near future.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Aldi sell sliced mushrooms for $1.37 lb.

ETA: great for salads and when sauteed as a side for steak.
    There's not many good places to purchase mushrooms here. Even in the yuppie areas where they're more like an austin type grocery store, they have a very limited selection.
    If anyone wants a spore print you can PM me your address. It's not like law enforcement would care too much on what your motives are for obtaining this kind of spores, they're not really potent at all. They can easily be grown outside year round, unlike the more potent ones.
    interesting, how much do you have to eat to trip? do the effects differ from regular psilocybin mushrooms? i found this on wikipedia:

Several species of Gymnopilus contain bis-noryangonin [4-hydroxy-6-(4-hydrostyryl)-2-pyrone] and hispidine [4-hydroxy-6-(3,4-dihydroxystyryl)-2-pyrone], which are closely related to the beta-pyrones found in kava.[7]
    You need to eat two handfuls (and even a dinner plate sized amount for the less potent gyms), as opposed to just a couple individual mushrooms for cubensis.

Now, because of the kavalactone compounds, you don't actually have to eat much to get all euphoric from them. They have an extra opiate/mdma like quality to them. But when you do eat enough to trip, I've heard it's more visual, more similar to LSD. Everyone I've tried them with had noticed the color enhancements right off the bat, even on a small dose.

It's almost too euphoric for me. Almost annoyingly euphoric. Cubensis to me is like being struck with a lightning bolt that turns me into a demi god or something.

The kava compounds are also effective pain killers for certain kinds of pain. I've used them medicinally for that. I knew this old man with kidney pain, and so I gave him about 4 gyms, medium to small sized, and I told him to start out with just one or two. He ended up eating them all at once, it took his pain away, but he said his face felt like it was melting lmao

EDIT: the guy still felt high for days afterwards. as with kava, the effects can last quite a while.
    Originally posted by We'reAllBrownNosers You need to eat two handfuls (and even a dinner plate sized amount for the less potent gyms), as opposed to just a couple individual mushrooms for cubensis.

Now, because of the kavalactone compounds, you don't actually have to eat much to get all euphoric from them. They have an extra opiate/mdma like quality to them. But when you do eat enough to trip, I've heard it's more visual, more similar to LSD. Everyone I've tried them with had noticed the color enhancements right off the bat, even on a small dose.

It's almost too euphoric for me. Almost annoyingly euphoric. Cubensis to me is like being struck with a lightning bolt that turns me into a demi god or something.

The kava compounds are also effective pain killers for certain kinds of pain. I've used them medicinally for that. I knew this old man with kidney pain, and so I gave him about 4 gyms, medium to small sized, and I told him to start out with just one or two. He ended up eating them all at once, it took his pain away, but he said his face felt like it was melting lmao

EDIT: the guy still felt high for days afterwards. as with kava, the effects can last quite a while.

sounds pretty dank. what part of the world are you in? it sounds like something i'd want to experiment with, but i don't have time/equipment/money to do anything with a spore print right now
    Originally posted by OG_GREENPLASTIC_JOHNSON_III sounds pretty dank. what part of the world are you in? it sounds like something i'd want to experiment with, but i don't have time/equipment/money to do anything with a spore print right now

San Antonio, Texas, United States. I'd send you some dried, for free. I'll probably have pounds of them this year, but they're prone to losing potency if you dry them any other way than freeze drying, because they have much more psilocin than psilocybin. Psilocin is very unstable when it comes to heat and atmospheric oxygen. The tea is pretty good. I've never taken enough to trip balls, just mild trips, some fracal patterns and distortions.

Gyms are cool when it comes to cultivation because they'll eat any kind of wood as long as it's partially rotten already, as they are secondary decomposers. You could likely start them in cardboard, and then just transfer that to some cooked rotten wood.

I have thousands of dollars in equipment, but for gyms it's not really necessary. They're pretty darn easy.

EDIT: kava compounds do not appear to be very water soluble, so the tea may not be nearly as euphoric as eating the mushrooms whole. Something I've noticed
    Got 12 mushrooms total here, enough for a pretty enjoyable dose. Gotta get these prints. I didn't look very hard, I didn't expect to find gyms till July, though you can find them all year round. Only shrooms I can think of that I'd be able to find here year round other than paneolus from the horse stables.
    Thotgirl African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Aldi sell sliced mushrooms for $1.37 lb.

ETA: great for salads and when sauteed as a side for steak.

Steak mushroom bernaise sauce...mmmm
    Found a bunch more. Going to have so many spore prints. One of my favorite logs is producing like crazy at the moment, it produces every year but the first flush isn't usually too heavy, and I'll get sometimes as much as 10 flushes per log. I get sick of rain, and then I find shrooms everywhere. It's going to be an interesting summer. Gyms are beautiful. When you learn to hunt them, and you become familiar enough you'll never mistake them for anything else, you start to see they actually look as though they have healing properties. I call them healing shrooms. I tend to heal faster after eating chanterelles, but those grow out of mud, which is kind of disgusting.
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    ITT op is a faggot and a liar.
    WellHung Black Hole
    Originally posted by Bill Krozby ITT op is a faggot and a liar.

And ur not?
    Originally posted by Bill Krozby ITT op is a faggot and a liar.

Why on earth would I lie about this? Like I said, gimme an address, I'll send you a print for free. The gymnopilus genus is rather complex so without a DNA test and microscope examination I can't tell you exactly which species they are, but they're definitely gyms.

I gained a shitload of experience with them last year. Before that, I'd only eaten Paneolus and Cubes.
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Originally posted by -SpectraL

That's a good video. I always find them quite close to deadly poisonous species as well. Gyms kinda scare me to be honest. First time I tried them I started sweating, then feeling cold. After using them for a few months that stopped happening, but the way people describe higher doses, it sounds scary. I'm fine on a high dose of cubensis of paneolus.

EDIT: Oh yeah, these aren't the bitter species. Not all gyms are bitter. Some taste rather mild. Got some today that were bruising blue pretty good.
    So I'm printing about 24 at the moment. I already have a bunch from last year. If anyone wants, like I said, PM me an address. Not opposed to sending out multiple prints either.
    I'm going to be finding these till around december probably. They're very common in my city. I find some on trees pretty often but I'm not sure they're active. There's a few species that prefer to grow on palm trees and we've got lots of those. I'll post pictures eventually.

I posted on shroomery last year about this. I've been excited for the rainy season to come back. I gave this one guy some, right before he smoked a huge both of meth. Dude was fucked up lol

EDIT: I find these in people's yards a lot. So many public places in plain view where I'll find these.
    Tried a small dose last night. Bliss. A cold front blew in as I was nearing the peak. It was getting a little too euphoric so I drank a steel reserve and smoked a bit of weed with it.

EDIT: still collecting prints. the spores are giving me allergies.
Jump to Top