User Controls

normies are fucking cucks

i just saw some post on reddit about coming to visit the city i live in and they said they were looking for "fun" or "adventurous" things to do when they come here like "go to a bar or restaurant." this sentiment is echoed on instagram, dating apps, blogs, etc. how is going to a fucking bar and paying 12 bucks for a "craft cocktail" (some shit some hipster who hasn't evolved mentally past the 5th grade made up to trick you fools into buying it) adventurous? it's not. they're just fucking sheep being led from stall to stall that they can spend their money on various types of shit flavored feed and looking at each other and repeating the same old tired cliches trying to get some encouragement from their "friends" that they are all ACTUALLY HAVING FUN because if everyone else does a good enough job of faking it, you must be wrong to have a fleeting thought that there might be something more you could be doing than slaving around for millionaires and trying to ignore the absolutely mind numbing depression that invariably accompanies such an existence.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Ajax African Astronaut [rumor the placative aphakia]
    Suggest an alternative adventure.
    Originally posted by Ajax Suggest an alternative adventure.

basically the same shit but in a place that doesn't tax you for doing nothing but hanging out.

i'd throw in actual cool shit too though, like tripping on LSD
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    it's like people need the $12 insurance of the specialty IPA to pacify themselves into thinking they're doing something worthwhile. i'm not talking about alcohol being the pacifier here though, although it helps. the pacifier is more that $12 price tag
    Bars are a ripoff. Hanging out is fine, but what would you suggest as fun or adventurous when visiting a new city?
    Originally posted by Ajax Bars are a ripoff. Hanging out is fine, but what would you suggest as fun or adventurous when visiting a new city?

depends on the city. you could get drunk in a bar literally anywhere. and i'm not against bars or restaurants, but if going out to a venue where you need to pay to hang out is the only way you can have fun, and you think that's actually an adventure, you are a cuck who lives to make other people more rich. if i was in a new city i'd walk around a lot, maybe find people to chat with, go look at landmarks (mostly natural ones), and depending on the city there might be some sort of art or music to check out.
    CASPER Soldier of Fourchin
    People dont want real adventure. That risks being stranded overseas or imprisoned or beheaded by ISIS, or strung out on drugs or with some terrible STD. What they want is things to fill the time, to feel less alone. Polaroids and cheap souvenirs to add to their little box of memories so that when theyre old and limp dicked, they can say they have NO REGERTS. Cant really blame them for that. Just a place to take some photos online so everyone else knows youre out living life and being a successful adult and having responsible fun.

If a 16 dollar muddled bayleaf-lime-pineapple vodka mixed in an "authentic" dive bar with a bunch of vintage shit on the walls and a carefully curated indie rock soundtrack makes them feel better about the 48 hours they have to themselves before they go back to trade away their life for salary again on monday, then i fucking envy them.
    Originally posted by CASPER People dont want real adventure. That risks being stranded overseas or imprisoned or beheaded by ISIS, or strung out on drugs or with some terrible STD. What they want is things to fill the time, to feel less alone. Polaroids and cheap souvenirs to add to their little box of memories so that when theyre old and limp dicked, they can say they have NO REGERTS. Cant really blame them for that. Just a place to take some photos online so everyone else knows youre out living life and being a successful adult and having responsible fun.

If a 16 dollar muddled bayleaf-lime-pineapple vodka mixed in an "authentic" dive bar with a bunch of vintage shit on the walls and a carefully curated indie rock soundtrack makes them feel better about the 48 hours they have to themselves before they go back to trade away their life for salary again on monday, then i fucking envy them.

being strung out on drugs and getting ur head cut off by isis is exciting though. i'd rather have my head sawed off and have something intense then sit around slowly decaying and seeing the dreams i once pursued one by one exposed for the lies that they are until i reach such depths of depression that i kill myself from heart disease by eating 10,000 cheeseburgers in 10 years
    *does line of meth*
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    Originally posted by OG_GREENPLASTIC_JOHNSON_III i just saw some post on reddit about coming to visit the city i live in and they said they were looking for "fun" or "adventurous" things to do when they come here like "go to a bar or restaurant." this sentiment is echoed on instagram, dating apps, blogs, etc. how is going to a fucking bar and paying 12 bucks for a "craft cocktail" (some shit some hipster who hasn't evolved mentally past the 5th grade made up to trick you fools into buying it) adventurous? it's not. they're just fucking sheep being led from stall to stall that they can spend their money on various types of shit flavored feed and looking at each other and repeating the same old tired cliches trying to get some encouragement from their "friends" that they are all ACTUALLY HAVING FUN because if everyone else does a good enough job of faking it, you must be wrong to have a fleeting thought that there might be something more you could be doing than slaving around for millionaires and trying to ignore the absolutely mind numbing depression that invariably accompanies such an existence.

yeah i feel ya. here in austi]n we have all of these "candy rain" types that aren't from here and talk about doing dat thing at "dirty six" (sixth street) as I knew it growing up..

If you "do" halloween here on 6th the cops coral literally, because theres so many dumbasses so its the easiest way to control them, same thing with like sxsw, acl ect..

I rather just go see a show on a wednesdnay night every now and then

Originally posted by OG_GREENPLASTIC_JOHNSON_III depends on the city. you could get drunk in a bar literally anywhere. and i'm not against bars or restaurants, but if going out to a venue where you need to pay to hang out is the only way you can have fun, and you think that's actually an adventure, you are a cuck who lives to make other people more rich. if i was in a new city i'd walk around a lot, maybe find people to chat with, go look at landmarks (mostly natural ones), and depending on the city there might be some sort of art or music to check out.

Those are good ideas. I would add mention to architecture in addition to natural landmarks depending on the city.

I’m also not opposed to restaurants. Bars don’t entertain me. I like to make it a point to seek out restaurants that are new to me or that I at least don’t have in my area when I visit somewhere new. It doesn’t need to be too exotic, just different.

Along the lines of art, things like museums and factory tours are interesting. I like to experience the local flavor when possible.

Back to hanging out, nothing wrong with indulging a bit and having good conversations. I agree though that the price tag of a bar is a bummer.
    ive spent more on a shitty buzz than at a bar, but not much. theres no worse way to blow your money, the drugs/high ratio is terrible.

get a bag of dope for 10 bucks, get high as fuck
    HTS highlight reel
    It's not adventurous, but neither are most things on an average vacation. Short of backpacking solo through treacherous exotic wilderness I can't really think of anything that qualifies. Genuine adventure is dead. *shrug*
    Originally posted by HTS It's not adventurous, but neither are most things on an average vacation. Short of backpacking solo through treacherous exotic wilderness I can't really think of anything that qualifies. Genuine adventure is dead. *shrug*

this is exactly the type of cucked attitude i am talking about. you can't even fathom having fun in a situation that doesn't involve going and giving a third party $20-50.
    Octavian motherfucker
    Cuck-life!
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    If you want an adventure first thing to do is to leave the west.
    i'm not saying i want to become an adventurer or something, the point was that being ushered from one feeding stall to the next while telling yourself you are adventurous for doing it is a lie
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by OG_GREENPLASTIC_JOHNSON_III this is exactly the type of cucked attitude i am talking about. you can't even fathom having fun in a situation that doesn't involve going and giving a third party $20-50.

?_?

I mentioned solo backpacking through exotic wilderness. What the hell 3rd party is involved in that? Is it actually *you* who is cucked, and can't fathom doing something like that without a guide/tour group? Not that I'd ever do that. I'm not deluding myself into looking for adventure at all on vacations. *shrug*
    Originally posted by HTS ?_?

I mentioned solo backpacking through exotic wilderness. What the hell 3rd party is involved in that? Is it actually *you* who is cucked, and can't fathom doing something like that without a guide/tour group? Not that I'd ever do that. I'm not deluding myself into looking for adventure at all on vacations. *shrug*

because you don't think there's any in between area and the solo backpacking trip isn't something you'd actually do, it's just a fantasy. also not everyone who disagrees with you is projecting. you seem to project on to people that they are projecting.
Jump to Top