User Controls

Can we get...

Dregs African Astronaut [that freakishly double-edged allmouth]
    Notifications when someone quotes me, US,...please. I read a lot of shit on here...and took me a few hrs to figure juicebox quoted me somehow. I ain't the bitchin type Lanny but...I am getting more active on your site so this would be helpful. If its too much work I understand. Just sayin is all
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    tee hee hee Naturally Camouflaged [slangily complete this slumberer]
    This appeals to the attention hor within me.
    Dregs African Astronaut [that freakishly double-edged allmouth]
    Hmmmmm???
    Originally posted by tee hee hee This appeals to the attention hor within me.

Same. Saves me having to search my name every time I am finished reading the front page.
    A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]
    lol plebs, submit a pull request
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Zanick motherfucker [my p.a. supernal goa]
    What OP said, and I need them to pop up on my iPhone. I like the dinging sound that comes by default, it makes me feel special when someone is communicating with me even if I don’t reply.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by Zanick What OP said, and I need them to pop up on my iPhone. I like the dinging sound that comes by default, it makes me feel special when someone is communicating with me even if I don’t reply.

ding
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    noooo. It means somewhat costly DB lookups on post and includes the usual complexities of dealing with editing (via two interfaces) and all that garbage. Also, and far more importantly, fuuuuuck that noise. Attention whoring is bad, I don't want to feed that more than thanks already does in disgusting fashion.
    Ghost Black Hole
    Originally posted by Lanny noooo. It means somewhat costly DB lookups on post and includes the usual complexities of dealing with editing (via two interfaces) and all that garbage. Also, and far more importantly, fuuuuuck that noise. Attention whoring is bad, I don't want to feed that more than thanks already does in disgusting fashion.

But we had it on REDFERN LANNY WITH vb3 Lanny!!
    whoami Tuskegee Airman
    nigger
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by Ghost But we had it on REDFERN LANNY WITH vb3 Lanny!!

did not exist in vb3
    Helladamnleet African Astronaut [impartially tyrannize that lentinus]
    New Totse has it, although I personally find it somewhat annoying.
    ^Prime example of why there should really be an image auto-thumbnail script in place.
    Octavian motherfucker
    Originally posted by Zanick I need them to pop up on my iPhone. I like the dinging sound that comes by default,

Don't lie you just want your colleagues to think you have friends.
    It wouldn't be hard to have it set up to send an email notification assuming you were able to convince Lanny to actually add this feature. From the sounds of it though he doesn't want to extra load on the server (which seems odd since there's no way there's that much load to begin with. There's like 20 die hard members...)
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    it'd be fairly light on the server if you just did a user lookup on post creation, scan for the first three instances of \@.*[\n|\,|\@] or something and do a user search, queue notification etc

don't do that though it's gay as fuck
    Originally posted by aldra it'd be fairly light on the server if you just did a user lookup on post creation, scan for the first three instances of \@.*[\n|\,|\@] or something and do a user search, queue notification etc

don't do that though it's gay as fuck

Just make it a feature that's off by default
    WellHung Black Hole
    Everyone's technical/ computer knowledge here is extremely impressive. I don't know what most of the vocab words mean.
    gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    Originally posted by Dregs Notifications when someone quotes me

DIY.

Just set up a session with custom cookie variables for sustenance, then create a pseudo-webhooks style loop that monitors each new post (BUT DON'T BE A DICK... Restrict yourself to like... one request a minute).

My old "you_just_got_called_a_faggot" bot ran on that exact mechanism.

You will just need to add some programming logic to read each post, and to determine if the post is in reply to one of your own.

Easy as pie nigga.
    THE ABOVE POSTER IS A VERIFIED FAGGOT.741081
Jump to Top