and here is the playlist I'll be blasting while livestreaming the event

it was nice knowing you all

but it's time to move on

I'm going to kill as many connections to windows as I possibly can

my future from here on out is Macintosh Exclusive
    I
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    just when I think you've reached peak faggotry
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    apple is now a part of credit industrial complex.
    Ghost Black Hole
    Enjoy paying twice as much for half the computer.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Phantasmagoria African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Ghost Enjoy paying twice as much for half the computer.

that's just a meme ignorant people like you just shitting

Macs are no different from building your own except they use integrated graphics as the default instead of a high end graphics card.
    You'll end up paying around the same if you build your own or buy from a company like lenovo or whoever.
    also Mac OS is objectively superior to windows and linux in every conceivable way
    Ghost Black Hole
    Lol apple is trash. If you have a Macbook newer than 2015 you can't just take it into a computer repair shop to get a simple fix because Apple has a policy not to sell the parts to part distributors so you have to pay a bunch of money to Apple to fix it, also they don't offer data recovery.

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria also Mac OS is objectively superior to windows and linux in every conceivable way

lol
    HTS highlight reel
    >using an OS whose mouse interface was designed with flipper-handed inbreds in mind

Sounds about right for one living the life of hapa grotesquerie.
    CASPER Soldier of Fourchin
    Lets make a new screwdrivers so people cant fix their phones themselves lulz.

I have apple products, but i see zero that makes them sore reliable, powerful or unique. I love my ipad, but if i had any other 10" tablet, im sure itd work just as well. Always got me that they could sell core 2 quads in like 2016 for thousands of dollars lol.
    Originally posted by Ghost Lol apple is trash. If you have a Macbook newer than 2015 you can't just take it into a computer repair shop to get a simple fix because Apple has a policy not to sell the parts to part distributors so you have to pay a bunch of money to Apple to fix it, also they don't offer data recovery.

You're using a very outdated and discontinued Mac product to try and prove a retarded point
    I've gone on lenovo, hp, samsung, dell etc and every single one of their comparable products costs as much as a mac, except you get an inferior experience (windows or linux).

The PC I built in 2013 costed as much as a mac, sans the gpu.

The whole "macs are overpriced" argument is outdated and no longer applies

macs are no longer behind windows desktops in terms of performance and they are no longer vastly overpriced

there is literally no reason to not use a mac now
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by Phantasmagoria no longer vastly overpriced

Correct, now they're just overpriced.

Why bother?
    Originally posted by Phantasmagoria You're using a very outdated and discontinued Mac product to try and prove a retarded point

Thats actually still one of their most popular products. Id say 3 hout of every 4 computers i ship at work is someone selling these on ebay. I Believe he said he sells them for 1200.
    Originally posted by Phantasmagoria I've gone on lenovo, hp, samsung, dell etc and every single one of their comparable products costs as much as a mac, except you get an inferior experience (windows or linux).

The PC I built in 2013 costed as much as a mac, sans the gpu.

The whole "macs are overpriced" argument is outdated and no longer applies

macs are no longer behind windows desktops in terms of performance and they are no longer vastly overpriced

there is literally no reason to not use a mac now

im like 99% sure youre torlling but im bored so ill play.

https://www.macgamerhq.com/hardware/the-best-mac-for-gaming/

$1300 for a 3GHz Core i5 and 8GB of ram. Thats worse than the 3.3Ghz i5-2500k rig i had built back in 2011, and i payed Cyberpower 1100 for that. So theyre only 8 years behind and a few hundred over. Im getting ready to sell the aforementioned computer, and ill probably list it at $600 tops.
    Originally posted by CASPER im like 99% sure youre torlling but im bored so ill play.

https://www.macgamerhq.com/hardware/the-best-mac-for-gaming/

$1300 for a 3GHz Core i5 and 8GB of ram. Thats worse than the 3.3Ghz i5-2500k rig i had built back in 2011, and i payed Cyberpower 1100 for that. So theyre only 8 years behind and a few hundred over. Im getting ready to sell the aforementioned computer, and ill probably list it at $600 tops.

again you're an idiot who doesn't have a clue what he's talking about
    that is the base imac from 2017, they just released a brand new line of iMacs this year with six core i7s and Vega 20 gpus.
    Originally posted by Phantasmagoria again you're an idiot who doesn't have a clue what he's talking about
    that is the base imac from 2017, they just released a brand new line of iMacs this year with six core i7s and Vega 20 gpus.

wowzers. six core i7s?! Like the 6 core, 12 hyperthreaded r5 2600x I just dropped in my new computer for $160?

How much is this bleeding edge technology, praytell? Bc if its more than $1200 or so, youre fucking up in a huge way.

But its yer skrilla homie.
    Ghost Black Hole
    Originally posted by Phantasmagoria You're using a very outdated and discontinued Mac product to try and prove a retarded point

That doesn't mean it's not an accurate representation of their pricing tactics. It's probably worse now.
    Originally posted by Phantasmagoria again you're an idiot who doesn't have a clue what he's talking about

oh good maybe that will compete price-wise with a computer from 2011. lol.
    Heres a parts list, with the most popular, middle of the road parts. (ie not the cheapest parts i could find)They obviously didnt have the price for an integrated vega 20, so I included the discrete Radeon VII 16Gb instead. lol

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor ($369.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($24.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Asus - Prime Z370-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($269.89 @ OutletPC)
    Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory ($74.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 3 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($74.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: XFX - Radeon VII 16 GB Video Card ($679.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: Corsair - 750D ATX Full Tower Case ($137.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($106.23 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $1739.06
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-04-30 05:16 EDT-0400

Comparable Apple iMac: $2,249.00

So if we were talking apples to apples comparison, the gap would actually be even wider.

/autism
Jump to Top