User Controls

Live Streaming on Windows XP, frame rate issues caused by H.264 aspect ratio?

Ghost Black Hole
    I have spent the last 3 hours trying to figure out how to livestream on my Windows XP laptop. I got it to work using Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder 3.2 at 25 FPS but it's choppy and the screen glitches out every so often.

I believe the issue is caused by the aspect ratio being set at 1280x720 but it won't let me go any lower than that with the H.264/MPEG-4 format. It has an option for VP6 but when I use that it only shows a black screen on Twitch. If there was some way to slightly lower the aspect ratio I feel like I could get it to run smooth if I messed with the settings but 1280x720 is the minimum it allows.

Also the issue could be because i'm on a shitty Windows XP laptop and FMLE 3.2 uses up most of my CPU, I downloaded 2.5 because it uses way less resources but haven't tried it yet. I'm surprised I even got a Twitch stream working on Windows XP, most people say it's impossible but it can be done.

If anyone here has any idea how to make this run better let me know because I am a noob when it comes to stuff like this. Here are the settings that had the best performance so far;

aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    why are you transcoding (lol)? it's very processor-intensive.

where are you trying to stream from? if it's another nas or computer on your network just use smb (windows file sharing) to access the media remotely
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    oh livestream nevermind
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    I'd try VirtualDub and the direct stream copy feature.
    try reducing bitrate and de-interlace. maintain aspect ratio,
Jump to Top