User Controls

Does anybody own a 3DS

GGG victim of incest [my veinlike two-fold aepyornidae]
    It's a longshot but I was wondering if anybody had any input onto whether the IPS vs TN screens actually make a fucking difference. I bought a N2DSXL which supposedly MOSTLY have TN screens. It should come in the mail tomorrow.

I'm also kind of amazed that Nintendo has such a lack of quality control and that the same version of the same system does not actually contain all the same parts. If you are reading this and haven't been down this rabbit hole, it is a massive bitch to find a system that actually contains what you want. The only 3DS system which seems to contain dual IPS screens are the anniversary pokemon editions which are I believe the OG 3DS or the 3DSXL (not the N3DSXL)

I just wanna play some pokemon and if you think that's gay I will show you fucking gay. This isn't what makes me gay. If anything it makes me more straight.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    CandyRein Black Hole
    Go hitchhiking and get butt fuqd again and I’ll tell you what you want to know faggett
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    doubt it'll make much difference on a handheld game console but IPS typically = better, brighter colour reproduction and TN = higher refresh rate
    Ghost Black Hole
    fight me in smash 1v1 final destination no items.
    Originally posted by aldra doubt it'll make much difference on a handheld game console but IPS typically = better, brighter colour reproduction and TN = higher refresh rate

I don't know. I've seen some side by sides and the difference seems pretty glaring despite the tiny 4 inch screen. I doubt I'll be able to tell without a side by side comparison but the thought of owning anything LESSER makes me feel like a peasant. I need the best of the best, BUT HOW AM I GOING TO DO THAT WHEN NINTENDO'S QUALITY CONTROL IS SHIT

The only way you can tell what kind of screen it is, is by opening up the box, which is kind of crazy imo. It'd be one thing if it just didn't explicitly say and they were all uniform anyway. It's another when it doesn't say and it's just a throw of the dice as to which you will get. Are you paying 200 dollars for a brand new N3DSXL with one IPS screen, two IPS screens, or none? Do other companies do this with their products too? Because holy shit is it annoying.

Apparently dual N2DSXLs very rarely have dual IPS so I'm probably shit out of luck. Such a weird problem.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    IPS is more expensive; I'd probably guess they initially wanted to use IPS for a better 3d effect or something but suppliers weren't able to provide the volume required so they needed a fallback
    Originally posted by Ghost fight me in smash 1v1 final destination no items.

Fuck smash bros. I only want to play pokemon.

For some reason Heart Gold/Soul Silver are 30% more expensive than when they were released? I haven't owned a Nintendo system in like a decade and it's weird to me how expensive the games stay. I get the old and nostalgic games but christ I am not paying 60-70 to play like an 8 year old game.

You have any experience with flashcarts?
    Ghost Black Hole
    1v1 me in smash

Loser has to quit the forum for a month

Originally posted by GGG For some reason Heart Gold/Soul Silver are 30% more expensive than when they were released? I haven't owned a Nintendo system in like a decade and it's weird to me how expensive the games stay. I get the old and nostalgic games but christ I am not paying 60-70 to play like an 8 year old game.

You have any experience with flashcarts?

Buying it from the Nintendo shop it will always be full cost, they only lower the price around christmas sometimes. You might be able to get it used from gamestop cheaper which is better because it could have a save file with some pokemans on it.

Do you mean flash carts as in soft modding to get the system to play illegally downloaded games? I heard that can be pretty risky for the 3ds
    Originally posted by aldra IPS is more expensive; I'd probably guess they initially wanted to use IPS for a better 3d effect or something but suppliers weren't able to provide the volume required so they needed a fallback

This is somehow not the case. They stopped production but throughout the entire lifespan of the 3DS it seems like they've had shit QC on this. It's honestly only the anniversary pokemon edition that you can reliably get dual IPS screens with lol. Everything else it completely depends on the factory.

Really don't get why this wasn't solved. The 3DS is no longer in production so they just did this shit literally throughout the entire lifespan of the device.
    Originally posted by Ghost 1v1 me in smash

Loser has to quit the forum for a month

Buying it from the Nintendo shop it will always be full cost, they only lower the price around christmas sometimes. You might be able to get it used from gamestop cheaper which is better because it could have a save file with some pokemans on it.

Do you mean flash carts as in soft modding to get the system to play illegally downloaded games? I heard that can be pretty risky for the 3ds

Not even talking about the Nintendo shop. Go look on ebay. These are USED and OLD games selling for 30% more than they released at. I bought beta Sapphire for 25 bucks used but HG/SS still run for 60. Other games remain fairly expensive used but this is just crazy to me.

And yeah, something like an R4 (haven't done much research onto which ones there are). I'll probably try it with a 2DS first if I do. They're like 50 dollars refurbished from Nintendo so not too huge of a loss if you accidentally brick one. I'd like a N3DSXL to flash though. I might try to buy a bulk defective units to resell. I once had a lot of collectible gameboys I got this way, which I sold to get a 3DS when they first came out, which I then sold to buy drugs. Free drugs, man.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Ghost Black Hole
    This might be why they are so expensie in 2019

"Since online trading got shut down, the only way to trade-to-trigger-4th gen-event (like triggering Rayquaza who needs Groudon and Kyogre from the SS and HG games) is with the opposite cart/Pokemon that came from the opposite cart and if people never finished the post-game all the way to the end and are completionists, they NEED both SoulSilver AND HeartGold, somehow, to trigger such an event.

If you have a friend you trust with the opposite game as you (or a 4th gen game with the opposite-cart Pokemon in it to trade over), the situation doesn't suck, but if your friend(s) had/have the same cart as you and never got the opposite-cart Pokemon or if you don't know anyone who has the opposite cart or opposite-cart Pokemon who lives nearby, then you're stuck and unable to complete certain things (if they're important to you)."
    That is interesting to say the least. I hadn't really thought of that, I just assumed that it shouldn't really be a problem with the pokemon bank since you can just pay ten bucks, grind to get whatever gen 2 legendaries, and boom you can bring them to a new pokemon game. Although I guess with the 2nd gen gen 2 games the pokemon are probably stat stacked which I cannot for the life of me remember the correct term for, but some people go fucking insane trying to breed perfect pokemon with perfect stats.

That triggering rayquaza thing is kind of bullshit. I'm not sure there's a very easy way to transfer him/her/it into your new games either, which really sucks. They should've just emerald'ized both 2nd gen remakes.
    Originally posted by stare rape The kinda shit I buy when blackout drunk doesn't make any sense sometimes. Normally it's just legal drugs like T-PAIN or research chemicals, or maybe a CD or two. This time was different.

I had platinum already

$244.95.

I mean, I like pokemon as much as the next 90s kid but fuck. No wonder my checking account got overdrafted

From what I can gather from the Google searches, it looks like I bought beta sapphire and the 3ds first, then discovered that I could transfer pokemon from platinum to beta sapphire if I bought black. Apparently I decided to get white 2, heart gold and x at the same time. Got one for free though, apparently they had a buy two get one free going on

From the way things are going though it might've actually been a good investment. Older pokemon games are getting to be a bitch to find.

Hopefully I'll actually play them. I've always liked the games and I used to like the show as a kid, but I watched a couple episodes a couple days ago and it's pretty "kiddy"

Just finished platinum, probably gonna start heart gold as soon as I get sick of FF:Tactics A2
    Lol jesus christ. I felt kind of guilty about my purchase, but now I feel better. I think in total it cost me like $130 for the special edition n2dsXL and beta Sapphire, which is pretty much the only game I want. Not really interested in the new gen games, tho Sun/Moon look absolutely amazing.
    Ghost Black Hole
    Get animal Crossing LOSER
    Originally posted by Ghost Get animal Crossing LOSER

Stardew Valley is better in every which way. Animal Crossing is for kids and so is smash bros.
    Ghost Black Hole
    Originally posted by GGG Stardew Valley is better in every which way. Animal Crossing is for kids and so is smash bros.

I'll have you know those two series are the most popular and successful in Nintendo's history and beloved by people of all ages and genders.

Pokemon vastly outsells pretty much anything else on the 3DS.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/08/the_top_10_best-selling_nintendo_3ds_games_as_of_june_2018

1- Mario Kart 7 – 17.21m
    2- Pokémon X and Y – 16.31m
    3- Pokémon Sun and Moon – 16.12m
    4- Pokémon Omega Ruby and beta Sapphire – 14.10m
    5- New Super Mario Bros. 2 – 12.70m
    6- Super Mario 3D Land – 12.12m
    7- Animal Crossing: New Leaf – 11.78m
    8- Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS – 9.30m
    9- Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon – 7.72m
    10- Tomodachi Life – 6.25m

It is the superior franchise. Get over it you fuck.
    Ghost Black Hole
    That's because it's mostly bought by children and autists.
    Originally posted by Ghost That's because it's mostly bought by children and autists.

You're correct. Animal crossing and smash bros is only bought by children and autists. That's why the sales are so low compared to Pokemon, which is a sophisticated game series for sophisticated people.

Wouldn't expect you to understand tho
Jump to Top