User Controls

Help me make up my mind

Phantasmagoria African Astronaut
    which mac should I get?

For the record the most CPU intensive thing I do is video rendering which my current laptop will be tasked with.
    The mac will be exclusively for programming and making music.
    I can't decide which one I want, on one hand a laptop is better in the case that you can take it wherever, but a desktop is better for your joints and muscles and the screen would be larger.
    idk
    Ghost Black Hole
    Macs SUCK you should just build your own PC
    Originally posted by Ghost Macs SUCK you should just build your own PC

Windows is garbage
    linux is garbage
    BSD isn't ready

That leaves me with Mac OS, the only operating system available today that feels like people actually put effort into it.

"Macs suck!"

Is an argument tossed around frequently and let me tell you it's all based on ignorance and elitism

Macs are for a specific type of person, the creative type, the artist.
    They are not made for gamers, or people who want to push modern technology to its limits.
    You buy a Mac because you want a well built machine that will last you forever.
    You buy a Mac because you want an operating system that was built like an exotic sports car, not some cheap piece of shit from a dogshit dealership standing on the side of a highway.
    You buy a Mac because it is the operating system for WHITE MEN.
    You buy a Mac because you want to shape reality and transform consciousness.

In time you will all come to realize this
    You should get the one that's not a Mac

RIP
    Hmm. I guess the unemployed cancers finally got Jobs
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Ghost Black Hole
    I use a windows xp laptop and it does everything a mac can do without all the bells and whistles
    Originally posted by Ghost I use a windows xp laptop and it does everything a mac can do without all the bells and whistles

No it doesn't.
    You can't run your laptop off a portable battery made for smartphones, you can't run most modern software and the OS in general is trash.
    build it from the ground up if you want to be a real programmer you fucking poseur
    Get the desktop. Its not like you're gonna go outside anyway, so you don't really need a laptop.
    Originally posted by OG_GREENPLASTIC_JOHNSON_III build it from the ground up if you want to be a real programmer you fucking poseur

There are two types of programmers:

The type who want to flex their muscles.
    These types waste their time with pointless trivial bullshit like setting up their own operating system, worrying about the most minute and trivial things and put more time and effort into their setup than making programs.

The type who simply wants to code:
    This person doesn't care about anything other than the act of programming.
    This type is more likely to advance in programming and make it in life.
    Originally posted by Misguided Russian Get the desktop. Its not like you're gonna go outside anyway, so you don't really need a laptop.

That's true but the laptop would be useful if I have to up and move soon or if I become a nomad, or if I just want to hang out wherever I want in the house.
    The desktop would tether me to a specific location.
    Originally posted by Phantasmagoria There are two types of programmers:

The type who want to flex their muscles.
    These types waste their time with pointless trivial bullshit like setting up their own operating system, worrying about the most minute and trivial things and put more time and effort into their setup than making programs.

The type who simply wants to code:
    This person doesn't care about anything other than the act of programming.
    This type is more likely to advance in programming and make it in life.

lol what are you basing this opinion off of? have you even started yet?
    Ajax African Astronaut [rumor the placative aphakia]
    Get the laptop with a docking station and all the peripherals. Best of both worlds.
    Admin African Astronaut
    No. Get a cool looking laptop and rollerblades.
Jump to Top