User Controls

I stopped smoking weed a week ago and my adderall is getting me too geeked, its out of control...

WellHung Black Hole
    Folks, I'm having a really tough time finding equilibrium... and it's got me feeling so low.
    I'm sick of taking multiple drugs, all in an effort to counter each other's negative side effects. It's a vicious circle.
    gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    Its a matter of taking things away piece by piece (and gradually/incrementally at that), until you find the least possible vices you need to sustain sanity.

At least, that's what I've done.

I've dabbled in just about everything, from opiates to stimulants to benzos, etc. But I've found that if I just stick to my nightly round of drinks, I do alright.

To some, that would be a serious addiction. And i'm not trying to trivialize that.

But for me, it's the least damaging scenario considering an entire array of alternatives.

Experiment with just tweaking down on one thing at a time and see what happens.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Which I realize you're doing by cutting out the weed. But the point is to experiment incrementally and subtly.
    Octavian motherfucker
    It's bad enough being a weirdo, but having to take meds to stop being even more of a weirdo off the last pills you took is just some sad Dikenzian shit.

Maybe just take all the pills?👍
    WellHung Black Hole
    Originally posted by gadzooks Its a matter of taking things away piece by piece (and gradually/incrementally at that), until you find the least possible vices you need to sustain sanity.

At least, that's what I've done.

I've dabbled in just about everything, from opiates to stimulants to benzos, etc. But I've found that if I just stick to my nightly round of drinks, I do alright.

To some, that would be a serious addiction. And i'm not trying to trivialize that.

But for me, it's the least damaging scenario considering an entire array of alternatives.

Experiment with just tweaking down on one thing at a time and see what happens.

Will do. Thank you for the advice. I really appreciate it, bro. 👍 (Sincerity)
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    WellHung Black Hole
    Originally posted by Octavian It's bad enough being a weirdo, but having to take meds to stop being even more of a weirdo off the last pills you took is just some sad Dikenzian shit.

Maybe just take all the pills?👍

Thank you for your kindness, Sir. It's greatly appreciated. (Sarcasm)
    Octavian motherfucker
    I was just kidding m8
    WellHung Black Hole
    😑😞
    Also, another thing I forgot to add... Make sure you have non-drug-related ways to deal with the issues for which you were taking the drugs/meds/chemicals in the first place.

Because once you start tapering down, you need some kind of buffer in place.

That buffer can be just about anything, but a common go to is something like Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), or even just a positive attitude that you can handle a bit of disruption or discomfort.

A lot of psychotherapy techniques can be self-taught and self-administered. CBT is among them.
    Technologist victim of incest
    Then you probably shouldn’t be on adderall. It’s supposed to have a paradoxical effect on you. If it does not, you don’t need it.
    WellHung Black Hole
    Originally posted by Technologist Then you probably shouldn’t be on adderall. It’s supposed to have a paradoxical effect on you. If it does not, you don’t need it.

It's prescribed off-label for depression. Once again, your Iggy about stuff.
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    I'll buy your Adderall if its available
    Originally posted by WellHung It's prescribed off-label for depression. Once again, your Iggy about stuff.

Adderall for depression? Really?
    https://www.therecoveryvillage.com/adderall-addiction/adderall-depression/#gref

“Using adderall for depression is an outdated use.”
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    Originally posted by Technologist Adderall for depression? Really?

Amphetamines are the safest and most effective anti-depressants, they just tend to get abused a lot.
    Originally posted by Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Amphetamines are the safest and most effective anti-depressants, they just tend to get abused a lot.

Read the article. The use of adderall for depression is outdated. It has more of a likelihood of abuse in people with depression.

I don’t know what the docs prescribe in Ireland, but our FDA says using adderall for depression is a no no.
    Originally posted by Technologist Read the article. The use of adderall for depression is outdated. It has more of a likelihood of abuse in people with depression.

I don’t know what the docs prescribe in Ireland, but our FDA says using adderall for depression is a no no.

Doctors are more interested in not upsetting the apple cart than in actually helping patients.
    Originally posted by Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Doctors are more interested in not upsetting the apple cart than in actually helping patients.

Yeah, that’s the minority, not the majority. What our docs prescribe is watched very closely now with the heroin epidemic. They just busted a bunch here in Ohio for abuse is prescribing.

Also, anyone who goes to a general practitioner for their mental health issues are being slighted. Only a psychiatrist should prescribe psychotropic meds.
    Last time I used marijuana with a powerful stimulant I wasted a $50 box of defensive ammunition shooting at shadow people in my backyard
    Originally posted by Jυicebox Last time I used marijuana with a powerful stimulant I wasted a $50 box of defensive ammunition shooting at shadow people in my backyard

Lol
Jump to Top