User Controls

Tips for not hating life: Your Ideas Edition

Just in general.

Will it only be the usual stuff like Get rich fuck bitches? Become a guru? Anal breathing? Have I heard it all?

Do I really have to kill myself to get better? Eh?

Go...
    *Get sober
    *Get a better job
    *Get a girlfriend

Just gently place your head on the traintracks and stare at the stars.
    Ajax African Astronaut [rumor the placative aphakia]
    You've been threatening suicide for years. Either get on with it or stop complaining.

You have to find your own happiness. There are people who have everything who are still unhappy, and people who have nothing who are perfectly content. It's all about perspective and expectations.

Don't expect anyone to give you anything. Find a way to earn what you want, and be happy with what you have.

If all else fails, kill yourself.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Not threatening, trying to deal with. Trust me, I didn't expect anything from this thread. Just a way to vent a bit.

Replies made: 1
    Replies that prove OP right: 1

Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Hating yourself appears to be a retarded behavior.
    Umm... dunno man. Whenever I used to do MDMA by myself in my room and reflect on life, it'd always be medicating. But I've stopped doing drugs.

I've noticed I'm happiest when I'm not playing by the rules, so to speak. Like if I'm in a romantic relationship with a girl, or working a typical 9 to 5 job, I'm very unhappy. Even simple stuff like going to a family dinner... if I'm forced to do that shit, then I get very anxious and depressed and don't feel free at all. A lot of my mental health issues come from shit that society has pushed on me/

So I'm trying to just do my thing, mind my own business, and just roam the land so to speak. Hold my own, and not live by anyone else's rules.
    Ask yourself why you hate yourself and how hating yourself benefits you in any way.
    True, emotionally retarded. That's how I classify myself.
    Ajax African Astronaut [rumor the placative aphakia]
    Not threatening, trying to deal with. Trust me, I didn't expect anything from this thread. Just a way to vent a bit.

Replies made: 1
    Replies that prove OP right: 1

Re-read my response and don't read your expectation into it. I was being genuine about most of it. Your life is what you make it, so make it what you want it to be. Don't worry about living up to everyone else's expectations. That'll drive you crazy (crazier than you already are). Just be you and accept it.

I'm always happiest when I keep myself busy. Idle hands are the devil's workshop, and an idle mind is its playground. Don't let yourself get all existential all the time. Life isn't that bad, so go live it.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    He speaks the truth. That's what I was trying to get at with my own post actually. Don't live your life by anyone else's expectations. Everyone else is an idiot. I don't mean that in an insulting way, I mean they're in the same position as you -- they know nothing. Why live how they tell you you should? Anything you come up with is as justifiable as what they do. DOES THIS MAKE SENSE?
    True, emotionally retarded. That's how I classify myself.

That cannot be healthy.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Well I'm certainly not the guy to ask so I'll just say... live laugh love fall seven times stand up eight nobody cares if you can't dance just get up and dance in the end we only regret the chances we didn't take <3<3<3<3<3 (human heartipede)
    Unexpected positive thinking. Thanks guys.
    Manipulation of the earthly bounties around me has always been my source of peace and happiness.

Picking mushrooms and cooking them into a meal, buying chemicals at the store and making things with them/processing them, photography and digital editing, writing, designing video games, brewing alcohol, growing plants, processing cannabis into oil and hash.

Drinking beer and smoking weed are also fairly cheap pastimes.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    There's pretty much one thing in my life where if I do it I feel fundamentally fulfilled and if I don't I hate myself with a passion. Sometimes I just get in a slump, or get lazy, and it can be hard to dig myself out of a hole like that. The only way I ever feel better is by just white knuckling it until I'm back in a good place, but often the first step to getting there is distraction. Easy things where there's a definite success condition help, usually small, something I can get done in minutes to an hour or two. Stuff like doing the dishes I've let pile up, doing a fixed amount of exercise, or reading a given number of pages of a book each day and give a sense of progress. Even if it's not really the thing I want to be doing with my life, setting goals and following through on them can give a sense of confidence you sometimes need to get out of a bad place.
    I'm on my path to not having a reptillian amygdala one day

-Fish oil and st johns wort
    -*Sort of* make amends with people
    -Don't be a bitch about drug WD
    -Go into nature
    -Don't sperg out over one thing when you're bored i.e. RuneSpace
    -Find GF who isn't cunt incuntnate
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    You have to set goals, and they have to be incremental (baby steps), if you are really far gone. An example would be, you could decide that you won't hate anyone or think or say anything negative about anything or anyone before 10am. Anything after that is fine. If you can accomplish that seemingly insignificant thing, you've met your goal. Every time you hate someone or think or say anything negative before 10am, you have to suffer whatever punishment you have set out for yourself, and actually do it, such as literally choking yourself for 60 seconds while cutting off your own air supply, or have to go jog around the block. It's all up to you. YOU decide your fate, not some unknown mystery floating around out there in the cosmos somewhere.

I hope this helps.
    You just gave me the aevice to choke myself if a bad thought pops up before 10pm. Hahaha. LOL.

Do you life like that?
    *eyes open 6pm*

"Fuck this whole planet"

*60 second choking punishment*

"FUCK THIS BULLSHIT, WHY AM I DOING THIS?!"

*60 second choking punishment*

"FUCK MY LIFE I CANT BREATHE"

*60 second choking punishement*

"i really hate you right now spect....."

*Dead at 3 minutes after 6pm*

Lanny Bird of Courage
    You just gave me the aevice to choke myself if a bad thought pops up before 10pm. Hahaha. LOL.

Do you life like that?

Yeah, but he only chokes himself as a reward for doing something good, like not totally butchering trying to play a megadeth song for the hundredth time in a day.
Jump to Top