User Controls

My terminal reeks of autism

filtration African Astronaut
    This post has been edited by a bot I made to preserve my privacy.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    this is... excessive. The runtime numbers are at least conceivably useful. Who has never needed icons in their prompt though? Also branch names. People fucking love putting git branch names in their prompt. I have ended up working on the wrong branch of a project like twice in my life, and each time it took less than 30 seconds to schelp changes to the correct branch. I don't understand the appeal.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    This is about as much terminal ricing as I can tolerate, and the brackets thing kinda annoys be but it came built in:

filtration African Astronaut
    This post has been edited by a bot I made to preserve my privacy.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    yeah, zsh is nice. Some of the presets in OMZ exemplify the kind of over-riced garbage I can't stand, but this particular one is mild enough to be pleasant to me.

There are almost certainly better shells in the world than zsh. Fish and oil come to mind for ideologically interesting shells. But the reality is that bash is king just because everyone uses it, so being flawed but bash-compatible and better than bash ends up being worth more than just unqualified "better than bash".
Jump to Top