User Controls

CDC cover-up of deadly fungus spreading across globe

We'reAllBrownNosers African Astronaut
    The scariest superbug on the CDC's radar is sweeping the US with hundreds infected - but hospitals are NOT obliged to tell patients if they have infections on site
    A superbug fungus is on the CDC's radar after sweeping across US hospitals
    Between 2013 and April 2017, there had been 66 cases recorded in the US
    Now, there have been more than 500, with 30 more under inspection
    The yeast is resistant to most mainline treatments, has 60% mortality risk
    Hospitals and states can refuse to report their infections to avoid becoming labeled as a source of infection

The most worrying 'superbug' on the CDC's radar has infected more than 600 Americans in recent years - and officials say the spread is picking up pace globally.

But hospitals are not obliged to inform patients if they have the infection, which is most commonly contracted in hospitals, according to an alarming new feature by the New York Times.

Candida auris, a harmful form of yeast, is resistant to most drugs, with a 60 percent mortality rate.

In the US, 300 New Yorkers people have been infected since 2013, 144 in Illinois and 104 in New Jersey, with hundreds more in the UK, South Africa, India, Colombia, Venezuela and more.

The spread, in the face of rising drug resistance, has triggered the CDC to update its guidelines - urging medics to quarantine C auris sufferers.

However, according to the New York Times, CDC rules allow states and hospitals to keep their infection count secret.

The move is intended to protect centers and states from panic and media attention, but experts warn it is leaving the general public in the dark about a serious threat.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-6903537/The-scariest-superbug-CDCs-radar-sweeping-hundreds-infected.html

Bad news. Increasing levels of ionizing radiation from Fukushima along with the rollout of 5G is going to make a lot of people more susceptible to infection by this fungus by weakening the immune system. This is sort of like the part in "The Creep show" where the redneck farmer gets infected by a mold from a meteor. When people contract this stuff, they quarantine them in a specific room, but it's very difficult to contain this stuff. The yeast sporulates from every part of the body. Really they should just incinerate all the corpses infected, but there's a cover-up currently about how many people are continuing to contract this fungal infection. Due to certain traits, it may be more contagious than ebola or a deadly strain of flu. It can last a long time in the environment, and because of the sporulating nature of the fungus, it more rapidly begins spreading and contaminating everything around its host.
    this super fungus is caused by vegans.

an enormous amount of antifungal / fungicides are used by the vege industrial complex to protect their crops from fungal infections so after 60years of advanced large scale farming its only natural that some fungis evolved to thrive in the midst of fungicided farms.

vegans are to be blamed for this.
    so Aldi should be dropping the price of mushrooms then soon huh. mmmm I love me some fried mushrooms with my bacon and eggs.
    Technologist victim of incest
    I’ll make your eyes pop out Jig😳

I’ve got 3 $5 off coupons at Aldi, since a new one opened up near me. Still have never been, but will go now, it’s nice and close!
    That's a lot of mushrooms, they like 1.55 a lb.
    Ghost Black Hole
    All you do is post month old new stories.

If it's not zombies I don't care
    What about zombie mushrooms.
    Bologna Nacho African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson What about zombie mushrooms.

Is that a thing?
    Originally posted by Bologna Nacho Is that a thing?

Yup...

Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    There's a lot about fungus that we don't know, and they have been implicated in all sorts of things, like depression, alzheimers, etc. Mostly they colonise the gut, but they appear able to grow in the intracellular membrane. Only the immunocompromised seem at risk though, most people's immune system keeps yeasts and funguses in line.
    Technologist victim of incest
    Soi,
    Shhhhhhhhhh.
    Don’t tell OP that. Let him think he’s gonna die from the fungus amongus!
    Originally posted by Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Only the immunocompromised seem at risk though, most people's immune system keeps yeasts and funguses in line.

or those who had surgery.

now dont be scared.
    Originally posted by Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country There's a lot about fungus that we don't know, and they have been implicated in all sorts of things, like depression, alzheimers, etc. Mostly they colonise the gut, but they appear able to grow in the intracellular membrane. Only the immunocompromised seem at risk though, most people's immune system keeps yeasts and funguses in line.

Yep, it depends on how many spores you inhale at once. We're inhaling deadly spores every day just not in large enough quantities to create a bad infection. Being near those that are infected increases risk of inhaling a deadly amount of spores or having them turn into mycelium on the skin or eyes and infect through other vectors. So hospitals are really a liability in a lot of ways if they don't become better prepared to deal with this stuff.

Everyone may be infected already, but their immune systems may be keeping it from getting out of control. Once they flip the switch, and start irradiating everyone, that'll change pretty quick. People will be dropping dead left and right, and the bodies are going to be extremely dangerous because of the spore load.

Fungi are a great way to assassinate someone, or reduce a population of 'useless eaters'
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    And lets not forget, even in absence of direct colonisation the spores of fungi and mold are deadly and aggravate all sorts of things like asthma, allergies, and even cause cancers and things like farmer's lung (from moldy hay - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farmer%27s_lung )

Additionally fungi spread airbourne really easily. I'd really like to see better air-enhancements in hospitals personally. As well as ozone, UV lights, aerosolised mists of anti-septics, etc. Seems like there's a lot of room for innovation there.

I was in a ward once that dated back to the consumption (TB) days, and it had big high roofs and windows that were supposed to be open to let fresh air in.
    Originally posted by Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country And lets not forget, even in absence of direct colonisation the spores of fungi and mold are deadly and aggravate all sorts of things like asthma, allergies, and even cause cancers and things like farmer's lung (from moldy hay - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farmer%27s_lung )

Additionally fungi spread airbourne really easily. I'd really like to see better air-enhancements in hospitals personally. As well as ozone, UV lights, aerosolised mists of anti-septics, etc. Seems like there's a lot of room for innovation there.

I was in a ward once that dated back to the consumption (TB) days, and it had big high roofs and windows that were supposed to be open to let fresh air in.

the more your trying to anti the shit out of them the stronger they grow.

dont you get it ? the reason they mutated into super organism is due to all the chemicals we've developed to kill them,
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny dont you get it ? the reason they mutated into super organism is due to all the chemicals we've developed to kill them,

You know the human race is done when a mushroom outsmarts the human scientific community.
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson You know the human race is done when a mushroom outsmarts the human scientific community.

this is so fucking retarded for so many reasons
    Originally posted by OG_GREENPLASTIC_JOHNSON_III this is so fucking retarded for so many reasons

Still butthurt huh? lololol
    There's been a lot of recent advances in radio-genetics. To the point where it's easy enough to splice in code (genes) that can be remotely activated via radio waves. Genes can be remotely turned on or off with this technology, using radio waves. Opto-genetics would be using visible spectrum waves. Fungi would be easier to control as a bio weapon, I'd say. Infect everyone, incubation period is long, they could have it for years and it never shows up unless their immune system is bad. Also good for a remote neural monitoring network. Billions of people are estimated to be infected with various candida species, and the government has looked into using it for "smart dust", as part of an artificial organism, self replicating tracking technology. But knowing the government, they're probably doing it for other reasons like depopulation and silencing dissidents.
    Here is how I deal with them

Jump to Top