User Controls

CODiNG FucKuPS

when you're writing code, how many times do you hit the wrong key and fuck it up? How hard is it to check your work again after the fact? How often does fuck up code that wasn't wrong on paper go through?

asking
    Admin African Astronaut
    About 3 out of 4 times.
    Grylls Cum Looking Faggot [abrade this vocal tread-softly]
    when i write code i never make a mistake
    with python, not that much. in C or some variant of that youre fucked, you're going to spend like 2 hours looking for a semicolon every time for a while. if you have a typo it will let you know when you try to compile it. i usually check mine after every little segment that i put in, the segments will get larger as you get more familiar.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    I wonder how many collective hours and millions of dollars have been spent fixing code typos.
    gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    IDE's with automatic syntax checking are pretty good for this kind of problem.

But if you're a real O.G. you just use notepad.exe (and not even Notepad++).
    whoami Tuskegee Airman
    nigger
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Oh yeah, well I trump you all because I'm a product manager - I tell the lead developers what I want the application to do, then they delegate it to the rest of the team, and then QA tests it all, and I end up with fully functioning code without even writing a single line of code myself.

whoami Tuskegee Airman
    nigger
    I'm not really a product manager.

ITT we are all frauds and liars... 😥
    Admin African Astronaut
    Originally posted by whoami I write my code, mostly C and assembly, by hand on receipt paper because I don't have a computer at home, then take it to the library to type out into a text editor. Compiles every time with no warnings or errors, because I'm God.

I also write pseudocode but I write it on graph paper.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    I write pseudo code on my palm. When i touch the keyboard when i'm back home, fully sentient malware springs into existence.
Jump to Top