User Controls

Depression

Dissociator African Astronaut
    antidepressants dont help it.
    Neither does exercise
    ECT?
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Have you tried any type of meditation or yoga? Is there something that makes you depressed or do you feel like your depression comes from out of the blue?
    Have you tried any type of meditation or yoga? Is there something that makes you depressed or do you feel like your depression comes from out of the blue?

I've been trying to meditate for years but I can never get the hang of it, I know its all about clearing your mind and shit but I always end up getting restless and the racing thoughts never stop

most of the depression is non-circumstancial but my PTSD from a near death spice experience in 2014, coupled with for the most part doing nothing all day definately contributes to it
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Have you tried acid or another serotonergic psychedelic? I know people say it only works for a couple of weeks after a trip but a couple of weeks is better than nothing and your tolerance will be back to nothing by then so it's not strictly speaking an unsustainable process.

Better advice would probably be get some life goals and work towards them but that's not as fun.
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    I've been trying to meditate for years but I can never get the hang of it, I know its all about clearing your mind and shit but I always end up getting restless and the racing thoughts never stop

Try again. Maybe sitting isn't for you. Some people achieve that state while walking, or doing some sort of activity.

most of the depression is non-circumstancial but my PTSD from a near death spice experience in 2014, coupled with for the most part doing nothing all day definately contributes to it

So it seems like you sit around doing nothing, and because you're not doing anything you feel sad and hopeless? Is that close? Or did I misunderstand you?

If that is the case why don't you try doing stuff?
    Yeah lanny Ive done bk-2cb, 225mg back in may, I don't remember much from it but I got kinda high, no real revelations or any of that, probably because I was deep in a tramadol addiction at the time. Did 200ug of acid twice in november, enjoyed the first trip to an extent but again no revelations, second trip wasn't a bad trip but I spent most of the time looking for my ipod and headphones to go on a nature walk. Spoiler:I never found them.

The thing that stands out most in my mind from the acid trip are these 2 songs:

Lanny Bird of Courage
    Yeah, I could see tramadol interfering with a trip, I think acid and co are best enjoyed on their own, sedation really degrades the experience.

Do you have anything you're working towards? I find I'm most depressed when I feel like I'm not making some kind of "progress" towards something, even something as simple as reading a book, a chapter a day, and seeing the progress towards the end can snap me out of a spell. I'm not sure if that's a universal thing or just some product of my own broken psychology but it might be worth a shot.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    tramadol and psychedelics is a big no-no, super easy to give yourself seratonin-syndrome from what I've read. it's the reason I haven't done acid for a while.

try to do some volunteer work maybe? sure, it's for fags, but if your regular life is making you unhappy maybe it's time to start sucking dicks.
    Meth cures depression
Jump to Top